• need the option

Sometimes a pupil will just keep pushing the boundaries because they see no limits. To make it clear that some behaviour is unacceptable and even damaging to themselves and others a quick and effective response may be required. After clear warning it is the miscreants choice after all. Yes bring back caning. No one needs to keep breaking rules!

• This punishment will help stop kids from behaving badly.

Kids that are not punished for their bad actions tend to continue on a bad streak. This can later on in life get kids in trouble with the law, and can also end up sending them to jail. School is all about learning and discipline. With spankings on the bottom kids will learn and receive discipline. When kids are at home they receive spankings from their parents and they listen to them so why not at school?

• I can understand both sides.

My own opinion is that people need a better understanding about pain. We need fear of what is bad and harmful. It has been proven that we learn best when we can relate a certain action with a responded feeling. So bad with pain and good with joy. Being my own self I think from what I have noticed in society is that people are becoming too soft. We get a paper cut and we need to be rushed to the doctor for analysis and get special treatment and then we sue the paper company and it explodes into the great paper trials and paper is banned and required to have rubber around all the edges. I think people just get defensive and enjoy getting all worked up and want everyone to look at them and change because of them. We all want attention and money. But yeah, anyway, corporal punishment. Just give the kids a whack. We need a tougher society. Then we might be able to resolve our own problems or just chill instead of crying to the government for every booboo.

• I don't believe that corporal punishment is acceptable in school.

Studies have shown that children can be raised well without beating them. Because of this, corporal punishment should remain banned. You raise a dog by beating it because it can't reason. A human being can be reasoned and talked to, even if that person is a child, so stop beating kids!

• I think it used to be, but no longer

If you had asked me to answer this several years ago I would have likely said yes. However, times have changed. It is now dangerous for a parent to entrust that responsibility to a teacher, and, in the same way, it is dangerous for a teacher to use corporal punishment without knowledge of what could happen if the student decides to make a complaint. With the current situation of the media mob effect, a person can be turned into a monster before any evidence or statements have been made in defense. This makes corporal punishment a very dangerous technique to discipline students with.

• Its flat out terrible

JUST THAT TERRIBLE LOL LOLOL LOLOLO OL OL OL O LO L O LO L O L OLL O L O L OL LOL L LO L O L O L L LO L L OOL O LO L OLOL OLO LO LOL O L O L O LO L OL OL OL OLO L

• Its flat out terrible

• Its flat out terrible

• Its flat out terrible

• Its flat out terrible

• Its flat out terrible

• Its flat out terrible

• No it hurts

Corporal punishment might seem effective towards kids as they tend to feel the pain and regret their doings. However I do not accept it as corporal punishment might cross the line at some point. Teachers are not well trained on the caning and might even weaken the child. It brings fear to the child and bad memories of their wonderful childhood. I strongly encourage no corporal punishments in schools.