• It is a real problem. A very serious one.

Making a big deal out of one mean name doesn't make sense. If it's one name, it's easy to brush it off and say it was a one-time thing. After all, people get insulted on the Internet every single day. But once it becomes a routine or something that is done to someone by the same person or the same group of people, then it is a serious matter. And it only becomes cyberbullying when it is done repeatedly and constantly.

The Internet was built for easy access to information and for communication. The word 'netiquette' was created for a reason and it's meaning should be something that it upheld by those who use the Internet.

Cyberbullying can lead to depression and suicide and we created Suicide Prevention Lines for a reason yet we say that cyberbullying is no big deal. No big deal indeed. We say cyberbullying is no big deal but we want to save everyone who is suicidal. How can you reduce the rate of suicide when you can't deal with its causes?

• Anonymity shouldn't be used as an excuse to offend and insult people online

I feel that a lot of people use the excuse of anonymity to spur out whatever they want to say including offensive and spiteful remarks. Almost every forum I post in, certain people would find any flaw in my post to ridicule me or insult me. Other people are allowing them to do so. Including posts I made when I'm emotional. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. Bullying in any form shouldn't go unopposed. Forum admins should take an active stance to put an end to this. What if a person is sensitive and is on the verge of suicide? Even something as simple as words can push someone to hurt themselves and it's not a funny matter. Even in the world of internet and even when we are all anonymous, still we should be more compassionate to others.

• This is a problem

Tech is going to be the future of this world and if bullying is counted as bad, well this is just the same as bullying except it is on computer. As stated before, tech is our future, then if bullying is also be on tech then our future isn't worth living. Bully's have just another way to get people back!

• Yes it is a problem

A lot of people think not because it has never happend to them. But when it does happen to you it makes you feel horrible and sometime cyber bulling can be by your own friend this is why i think cyber bulling is a big problem because people can anonymisly harrasse other peers

• Yes it is a problem

• Yes it is a problem

• No one should be Bullied

I think no one should be bullied that is a big problem people are human being everyone has feelings and nobody's should be hurt it causes people to commit suicide and that is not right people will miss there family and I get that when people in your family pass you get emotional and your heart feels broken so that is why I think no one should be bullied.

• Yes it very much so is.

Cyber bullying is very obviously a problem. With the reliance on computers and the usage of social media becoming more and more widespread and popular, cyber bullying is becoming more popular than normal old fashioned real-life face-to-face bullying. Cyber bullying is easier to do, harder to track who did it, and can hurt very much, depending on if you believe it, or if you ignore it. It is very widespread, for about 43% of kids have been bullied online. Think about that for a second. There are 323.1 million people in the USA alone. 43% of that is 138.933 million people. That is 139 million people bullied online by cyber-bullying. That is a lot more in all the world. NOW do you agree with me?

I REST MY CASE.

• Bullying is bullying!!!

Cyber bullying is just as scary and hurtful to deal with as other bullying, if you are physically bullied there is scars left physically but if you are bullied online there is mental scars left. To me bullying is a subject we are and will always have to talk about. Children these days dont care about anything but being above others and they will do anything (even bully) to get there.

• Of course it is!

Ask yourself this: is bullying bad? If you have any sense, you'd answer yes. Well, guess what? Cyber bullying is, surprise surprise, a form of bullying too. It needs to end.

People that are cyber bullied can get extremely depressed and even kill themselves. And it's not as easy as people claim it is to just turn off the computer or phone and ignore them. Once you start getting cyber bullied, it becomes a part of you and your life. Cyberbullying victims find themselves wanting to know what people are saying about them. They can't help but go online to see if the drama has calmed down. Often they know it won't have, but they can't help themselves.

Come on, people. This is common knowledge. Yes, cyber bullying is a problem.

• No Its Not

While people probably shouldn't say mean spirited things, they're allowed to say it, and for the argument that cyber bullying leads to suicide, why are you even on the internet if it makes you depressed and why do you give two sh*ts what people say about you. This is literally regular bullying except it's easier to stop and the people can't hurt you physically, just don't go where they can make fun of you or whatever they're doing.

• It's a first world problem

Cyber bullying is a FIRST WORLD PROBLEM. I have been bullied in real life many times and this is much, much worse. If you're forced to go to work or school and you get bullied there, there's almost no escape. You will encounter the person/people that keep bullying you and they will go on and on and on. You cannot run away from real bullying! You cannot back away from it!

But cyber bullying? You can run away from it. If you get cyber bullied block the person that is sending you messages. If they leak inappropriate images, don't be stupid and send them in the first place! You have a choice to go on the internet or not, but you don't have a choice to go to school or work because you have to go anyway.

• Turn it off

Block, unfriend, look away, close your eyes, millions of ways to stop it and no physical abuse can come from it... These are fake issues for week people, I've been depressed (Yes the doctor diagnosed me) before and know what its like to struggle with it and I can say with 100% certainty that if you kill yourself because of pixels on a screen than life was going to be to hard for you anyway

• No it is not.

4chan and other websites teach us to accept "cyber bullying" is a tool that allows us to learn how to accept mean terms and to deal with them in real life. If you can not accept the phrases, knowing you are talking to a person behind a screen, allowing them control without consequences, you need to learn this. If you wish not to deal with it, turn off your device, or avoid those areas. Don't go looking for trouble.

• Not by any means.

Cyberbullying is not a real problem. The main issue with people against cyber bullying seems to be that people are being offended. The majority of time, people are joking. Even when they aren't, you still have the ability to not take it to heart and toughen up. Turn off the computer, turn off the phone, go outside, and if you can't do that, grow some balls.

• I do not believe that cyber bullying is a problem.

When looking at the topic of cyber bullying you have to take into account that most things said over the internet has little to no backing most of the time. The reason I say this is because it is a lot easier to run your mouth when you are not face to face with the person. And last of all if you are having trouble with something or some one online you can block them or you can do this magical think called turning the device off and interacting in the real world.

• No it is not

Just turn the Computer or the Phone off and go outside. What is with these first world problems? Cyber bullying is easily avoided but we make it seem like such a major issue that is affecting our lives. You aren't getting yelled at and you aren't getting physical assaulted. `

• It's life, deal with it.

Everyday life is filled with people telling you what you can and cannot do. People trying to pressure you to be like them or to be normal. If you cannot deal with a stranger who you will never meet being mean to you on the internet then good luck in real life. Besides it helps create character and humility. Some of the stupid things I have said online deserves to be ridiculed. As a result I have more confidence in my own stupidity. Does that make sense?
    Life is full of people trying to chip our confidence away. Let it make you stronger.

• Shut the damn laptop

Regular bullying and harassment is a problem, online harassment is not. The difference between cyber bullying and actual bullying is that you can do nothing to make regular bullying stop that doesn't greatly affect your quality of life. Online you can simply block the user, make a new username, leave the site, or if worse comes to worse shut the damn laptop. Another problem arises with enforcement and legality. The online plaza is one of the only places where children and adults can interact without either one knowing the other's age. Bullying laws are only pertinent when a child is the victim, and if the adult or other child is unaware of the other's age, that could cause people to accidentally incriminate themselves. This would cause an unintentional infringement on freedom of speech.

• It's not a problem and it should not be considered as a crime

If you're being cyber bullied, then why don't you get the fuck off social media and do something else on your phone?
    The fact that cyber bullying is a crime, really does piss me off. They should arrest the School District officials for throwing kids in jail. People who report cyber bullying to their school are weak minded individuals. If some one is bothering you, then you block them instead of reporting it your school. Someone needs to decriminalize cyber bullying. And sue those fucking school districts for getting into the cyber bullies business.

Phoeni says2017-11-14T10:08:28.517