• It's competitive, it's a sport.

Lots of athletic morons might disagree, but pretty much everything is a sport. For gods sake, Stallone starred in a movie (not a comedy mind you) about arm wrestling. Dancing is done competitively, it's a sport. All you sports junkies who disagree with me should consider what a sport is, then try to tell me I'm wrong. See you in the comments section.

• I don't do dancing but I know its a sport

I don't do dancing but I know how tiring It can get constantly moving, focussing on facial expressions and making sure you have a voice at the same time. I have watched many people dance and it takes skill to dance well. Remembering the dance numbers and actually performing them with character is extremely hard. Its like horse riding, I love the sport but everyone says it isn't. We risk our lives for horse riding, we put our trust in a creature with a mind of its own, we don't just sit there and dancers don't either. They do a lot of moving around and it looks really graceful! Keep it up because I appreciate and congratulate anyone who does dancing its an amazing sport and you shouldn't listen to the haters

• Just look at a dictionary

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    This is the definition on Google.
    Dancing involves physical exertion, skill. Individuals (or teams) compete against another for entertainment.
    The dictionary agrees that dancing is a sport, why don't you?

• It is, and boy do I know it.

As part of a break-dancing crew in high school, I strongly feel that it's a sport. You get a total workout, we have competitions, and you get hurt sometimes. Isn't that what a sport is?
    You do get sprains sometimes and also you build muscle. All the sports I know feature that.

• Totally a sport

Dancing is so a sport because you have to work your but off and who doesn't sweat after dancing. Dancing takes a lot of skill and is extremely hard. I dance and in a comp I had to dance straight for 5 minutes. You try and do that peeps that say no. You are totally wrong if you think no. DANCING IS A SPORT!

• Boys,you are pathetic. It Is a sport!

Boys, I'd like to see you do a split in the air and land in a pile and I'd like to see you do a quadruple pirouette and is like to see you do a split and jump till you sweat ..And don't forget to point your toes during all that, ..And don't forget to do all that while smiling. Because all football people do is run around in tights all for a pathetic ball.

• Dancing Is A Sport

Dancing is a sport, because like any other sport, you need endurance, stamina, training, and it even makes you fit. Just like any other sport, endurance is very necessary, because you cannot dance if you cannot do the movements. If you're not fit, then you might brake a bone or two while dancing, which also happens in other sports, especially football, and maybe even basketball, even if it's considered the "safest" sport. Stamina is needed in dancing, because you cannot dance without ENERGY. Dancing would just look sloppy if you had no stamina or energy. Just like any other sport, you require energy to dance. It makes no sense to have a basketball who lacks stamina, because they won't be even "playing basketball," same goes with dancing. You're just MOVING LAZILY if you don't have energy. You need to train when you dance. It might seem weird, but in reality, you need to KNOW what steps you're doing. Without proper training in your dance steps, you'll once again, just look like you're MOVING. Maybe you see people do on-the-spot dance moves, but their moves are either low quality, worse than their previous moves, or even just look obviously on=the-spot. Just like other sports, dancing can make you fit. You're moving gracefully, and you're exercising your body. Just like all types of sports, like badminton, volleyball, even swimming, you're losing some weight.

Now, you might say, "Oh, it just has the same features of a sport, but it isn't."
    Well, my friend, here is the definition of a sport:

an activity involving PHYSICAL EXERTION and SKILL in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Dancing fits in all that criteria. You need to show effort in dancing. You need energy, endurance, flexibility, even skill to dance. Some may think, "Oh, dancing is just moving."
    Well, moving =/= dancing. Remember, in every sport, you move. Also, you don't just "move." If you just move in dancing, that's just GENERAL. You need to move GRACEFULLY, IN SYNC, BEAUTIFULLY, WITH FLEXIBILITY.

Back to the definition, you could also dance in solo or teams. In certain sports, you could do them in a team, or even solo. Besides that, you could compete in dancing. Dancing competitions are just like any other tournament/competition on sports. You need to show off your skill, endurance, and stamina. Let's also remember that, a sport doesn't need a point system. A sport is a physical activity that can be done in solo or groups, which could be for competition and/or entertainment. In dancing competitions, you see who is more flexible, has more endurance, even stamina and who has a better style. That's a competition. Also, dancing could entertain people. Like any other sport, dancing could either entertain you or bore you. In basketball, some feel pumped, others don't care. It just goes the same with dancing. Others would feel groovy, entertained, or happy, while others just don't like it. So, yes. Dancing is a sport.

• Dancing Is A Sport

• Yes it is

I dance and it is obviously a sport. You are competitive in dance, just like in any other sport. And in gym class we dance for all of April. In gym you do... Oh what is it called...Oh yeah SPORTS! To all of you small minded morons who won't consider it to be a sport look up sports in a dictionary

• Yes it is

• No, a competition but not a sport

All sports are competitions, but not all competitions are sports. Dancing can be a competition. It certainly involves physical movement, but so does darts, bowling, etc. They involve moving and point scoring, but can they be called sports? No. In a competition there is a goal or action that is scored, scores are compared between competitors, but there is no direct physical interaction between competitors that could be described as offense and defense. There would certainly be some competitions that fall into a gray area between competition and sport. Some racing events are largely without offense and defense except perhaps at key moments like along turns, and coasting behind the lead runner or lead car. But things like soccer, baseball, football, tennis, etc that contain offensive and defensive aspects fall into what I consider sports.

• What sport has fancy costumes

What sport has fancy costumes? Dancing isn't a sport becaus it's not very hard exercise. The hard spurts of exercise don't last very long and dancers are known to become anorexic. What sport has fancy costumes? If you were ment to swet you wouldn't have on some glittery tights on. Also it's a false spence of a sport when you need to use real sports skills in gym class you'd be in for a rood awakening.

• Its not a sport deal with it

Its an activity because there is no ball involved. All sports have balls involved. Plus, its not considered a sport in school because in my high school you can only sign up for one sport each sport season and there are people who do dancing and a sport. Plus, the dance you are doing on stage is already planned, you know what is going to happen. In a real sport the chances are endless and you have no idea what to expect. That is why dancing is not a sport.

• Do you ever see dancing at the Olympics

Dancing is not something that is a sport it Is more of an energetic hobby that you do even though you usually pay to go it is not as if you have special shoes for hip hop dancing or anything and I mean think about it. JUST THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Not a sport

Just because you have to work hard doesn't make it a sport. Sports don't have judges, they have coaches. Sports have tryouts, not auditions. Sports teams don't spend time with makeup and hair. Sports teams have fields or arenas, not theaters or studios. Sports don't have costumes, they have jerseys . Yes in dance and sports you have to be physically fit and mentally strong, you have to practice multiple times a week and there are competitions for both. And you cant say that whoever says its not a sport is wrong, dance wasnt intended for it to be competitive in the first place either, it was supposed to be traditional an a eay of expressing yourself through movement. (by the way, yes i know how hard it is i did dance for 8 years) Dance Isnt a sport it is an art, and I don't understand why people won't accept that dance is special in its own way

• No it is not.

Dancing is not a sport! You can't get stats, and dance is more like an art all over the world.
    For the people who think it is a sport should think about what is different in a sport and dancing, in dancing you do get judged but you can not get any points relative to sports. In sports like football or soccer, they do get statism for their effort in playing the game.

• Dancing just isn't a sport.

I agree that it requires skill and training and there is competition, but it's just not a sport. In sports, there is no routine or something you have to memorize. You just do it and make decisions on the spot. For example, in soccer, you get the ball and you make a decision. You don't know what is really going to happen next. I know in dance, you sometimes have to make a routine on the spot, but it is still a ROUTINE. And anyone can dance. It can be taught and learned with the right amount of training. For instance, if you don't know how to figure the beat, someone can teach it to you. But in sports such as basketball or soccer or volleyball, some people are born with it. That's why some people are amazingly good. Also, there is no goal in dance. By that I mean when you dance, you don't think of winning. You just try to perform and do your best. That's why sports is a SPORT. You have a goal and that's winning. I am a soccer player and a volleyball player, plus a competitive dancer.

• Dancers get more than enough credit as it is

Dancers already get credit for being graceful and beautiful and getting years of difficult training. None of witch are easy. Athleticism wise, it is not a sport. Because what people do in dance may not be much help to an athletic body with the exception of flexibility. Methiods used in dancing are not used in any sports. Yes, I know you may gain some mucle but the gaining of mucle is not even close to the mucle you gain in a sport for example: swimming

• What sport has fancy costumes

• It is not a sport!!!

If you are that passionate about dancing then you should know that it is an art! They also do not have it in the Olympics therefore its not a sport. Finally they do not work as hard as gymnasts (like me😆) and they wear preety tutus, athletes don't wear tutus!!