Is democracy problematic for for contemporary government?

• Well, a dictatorship would streamline things.

Many contemporary governments are less than thrilled with democracy because it gets in the way of their fascist tendencies. It's inconvenient to have to operate a system of government that is by the people, for the people, in which everyone involved gets a say in how it works. But since their our employees, they can always find some other job if they don't like representing us.

• Democracy Isn't A Problem

Without a doubt, democracy is not the problem today. The actual federal government is the main issue for freedom and individuality today. Our government constantly takes away our rights, and the American people often choose to do nothing about it. This situation needs to change drastically as soon as possible.

• It's very good.

A democracy may take longer than other methods of government, and for a contemporary government I can see how that would be frustrating because you want things to get done quick. However we need democracy now more than ever due to the fact that we need everyone's voice to be heard.

• It Just Needs Tweaked

I do not believe democracy is problematic for contemporary government, I believe it just needs to be updated. If you consider the founding fathers, what would they think of today's world? I don't think these people would approach government in today's era, the same way that they did in the past. I believe its important for the government to continue to evolve, but thus far we don't let that happen.

• Democracy Not A Problem

In contemporary government, democracy isn't a problem by any means. The fact of the matter is that our country's biggest problem is that the government won't follow its own rules on democracy. Our nation is a representative republic, but democracy is still a huge deal for our citizens these days.