Is Derek Jeter the greatest shortstop of all time?

• I think so

Yes, I think that with the training that is available for him now, that he has worked so hard and has so much talent that you could call him the best short stop of all time. He is a really good player, and has served the Yankees very will indeed.

• Derek Jeter is not.

Derek Jeter is not the greatest shortstop of all time. Cal Ripken is the greatest shortstop of all time. Cal defined what it means to be a shortstop. Before Cal there were no homerun hitting shortstops in the game. Cal redefined the position and paved the way for players like Derek Jeter, A-Rod, and Nomar Garciapara.

• No, he is not the greatest

First of all, I have this argument. He is the greatest until the next player comes along, then you compare him to that person. There are so many shortstops that,but most people agree that Honus Wagner, is the best that ever existed. His batting average alone makes Jeter 2nd place.

• He is one good one.

No, Derek Jeter is not the greatest shortstop of all time, because he is on a team of good players that make him look very good. He is very good, but he is only so popular and considered legendary right now because he is the shortstop that is current. Also, people who are not Yankees fans do not think that he is so great.

• No, Derek Jeter is not the greatest shortstop of all time.

No, Derek Jeter is not the greatest shortstop of all time. In my opinion and being from Maryland I think that Cal Ripken Jr. is the greatest short stop of all time. He was certainly more durable than Jeter. Ripken has 431 home runs while Jeter only has 256 home runs.