• Worth it according to it's quality and style.

Buying expensive clothing is worth the price according to it's quality and style. It should have good material. It shouldn't tear apart so easily. It should have at least a bit of simplicity. If it is worth millions, I would be happier to buy something cheap but still wearable since it is beautiful no matter who made it.

• Fashion is an art.

Fashion to me is an art form. I would consider a Louis Vuitton bag like a Picasso, and a bag from target is like a Picasso print. So I think it depends on how into the art you are. If you enjoy it buy it, if not don't buy it.

• Its worth it

This statement is coming from a teenage girl i think that the brand gives a lot of self confidence and when your walking around you feel on top of the world because you've got that new Stussy top everyone else wants... So i believe that brands/designer clothes are definitely worth the money!

• Quality. Quality. Quality.

Quality of designer clothing is far superior to cheaper clothing. Designer brands tend to make cuts that fit your body type a lot better. This way you don't have ill fitting clothes that look unflattering on your body. Designer brands (the ones I like at least) also come up with original, unique and creative pieces.

• Yes, if it's good quality

The designer clothing I have has lasted way longer than low end stuff, so I'd say yes, of you know where to look and what to look for. You can get designer stuff from outlet stores or Ebay for a lot less. You can find lots of stuff at thrift stores for dirt cheap if you have the patience for it, and if you know how to throw a few stitches, I'd go for stuff that might have minor stains or tears that are easy to fix. Most people see a damaged item, throw it on the clearance rack, and it instantly becomes an item that people ignore because they assume the item can't be repaired or the stain will never come out. Just last week I got a $400 dress for $20 because someone was too lazy to realign the zipper (which takes all of thirty seconds).
    That being said, if you see something in the store that you're going to wear every other week for the rest of your life and know it will last that long, it might be worth paying full price.

• It is definitely worth it!

In my opinion designer clothing is definitely worth the money, but still to judge this you have to know the difference between "designer" clothing and designer clothing. You see there is a lot of these brands that are more expensive than Walmart and H&M. That does not make them designer clothing. For example, I would certainly not consider Levi's a designer brand. This because it does not have the quality or exclusivity that designer brands like Marc Jacobs and Valentino have. Designer clothing often consists of the finest materials and is often handmade by a proffesional craftsmen. The high street brands clothing is produced in Africa and Asia by poor people (mostly women) with no labor rights what so ever. They make under 80 dollars a month and they are supposed to provide their families with that money. Also, these high street brands copy the designer clothing, which for me personally is a little offending. Designers work hard to create their designs and then you can find a copy of cheaper quality at H&M.

• Quality over quantity

If buying designer clothes leads to clothes that last longer and wash better, and you buy them within reason, then the expense isn't so ludicrous. Buying cheaper clothes will lead you to buy more clothes more often and these can often be of poorer quality. Those prices weren't just pulled from mid-air.

• Isn't anything worth the money someone is willing to pay for it

I believe that if a sufficient number of people are willing to buy a product then the price is 'worth it'. If a wealthy individual wants to buy a tailored suit or an expensive cashmere jumper it is surely his own choice. If he is buying the product for quality rather than brand then I believe that he is buying for the 'correct' reasons. Yet on the other hand brands like givenchy for example are entirely reliant on their branding rather than any level of good quality like gucci. I personally cannot justify the cost of £300 a T-shirt but am willing to pay £500 for a coat. I also believe when asking this question we must accept the fact that people have different interests. Some people like expensive sports cars while others like instead to spend on art. In much the same way people like to buy expensive clothes. Some people like the tailoring of clothes and the quality of clothes (the reasons I like to buy more expensive clothing) while other others simply use clothes as a status symbol. I do not support the buying of anything for purely the purpose of showing one's wealth to others. This form of consumption is in my view vulgar. In this sense some brands e.g. Alexander Mcqueen Givenchy and Ralph Lauren are not clothing brands worth investing in. I personally like italian fashion and like the quality and the inconspicuousness of brands such as Gucci, Massimo Alba and Doriana.

• 90% of the time, YES.

I take a similar view to some of the 'yes' comments on here; a lot of the designer clothing I buy CANNOT be found on the high street because of the unique nature of the designs and the quality of the clothes in general. Some of my designer clothes have lasted me for years; that is value for money in my opinion. However having said that, I wouldn't pay through the nose for example, a plain colored top that could be from anywhere or isn't something that I would wear often.

• I usually go for quality and authenticity

When purchasing new clothes, I personally look for a unique item that is of good quality. I want it to last me a long time for the price that it is. If it looks "normal", then why would I want to spend a lot of money when I could get it 10x cheaper at the local Target.

• Its not worth it!

They are exploiting consumers using brand names. Somethings are insanely and unreasonably expensive that makes me laugh and wonder who will buy such a thing. I will never buy something that is not worth it's price, unless its actually worth it( in terms of durability and material), when in some cases you are forced to do so.

• It's not worth it

• People (especially girls) have loads of clothes in their closet but yet they are still buying clothes, complaining that they have no cute outfits.

According to some research done, 1 out of 5 people do not wear their clothes more than thrice, and yet still buying designer clothes. Designer clothes are very expensive, how can people expect buying one after another without wearing them more than thrice, such a waste. If people don't wear them that much, why buy it?

• Are they worth it?No!

What is the difference? The same material is used in both products and the quality is near enough equal. Anyone can put abercrobie or holster on a top to make it worth 3 times than what it was before. It is still a normal top, but just with a name on it. You are paying 40-60 pounds for a name.Labels focus more on the advertisement side of things whilst other clothes you can get from places like primark focus intensively on quality. Labels are just a cheap scam to con you out of money. You could easily make your own top with a random company name and say it is a professional label.It's that easy

• To expensive for the quality

Designer clothes seem to have increased in popularity in recent years with the average price of "designer clothes" increasing by over 60%. However the quality of designer clothes is often very similar to those of high-street stores. When a company has to compete on quality they will invest in their products quality. However when a company has to compete on its name it instead invests in 'image' and 'marketing'. This ends up with lower quality products.

• Stupid stupid stupid

DESIGNER BRANDS ARE STUPID MAGIC. Plus, It's NOT worth the money. You pay all this money just for a stupid label? The point of clothing is to cover us up. Not turn us into a walking advertisement. If that's what these brands wanted, they'd give us the clothes for free.

• Designer and Not

I just think that as long as I have been to a couple of shops to compare the clothing I want to buy and the one in the designer shop... Say hollister turns out to be better then ill buy it but in the end if I get the same thing for way less then I won't mind it not being designer....

• Quality not Brand

I think there's a difference between buying a well-made, quality product and buying a cheaper-feeling one *but* that has a desirable name on it.
    Maybe I'm just getting old but if I buy a t-shirt I want it to last fifty to a hundred washes *at least* before being ready to use as a car rag. I've bought some branded items that lasted months, and some that lasted years. Name itself isn't a sign of quality any more ... You have to judge quality by touch, handling, cut, etc, and that doesn't always mean 'designer' is best. We should look for quality not just a logo.

• Designer clothing does not always mean superior quality.

The price points of a lot of designer clothes are just ludicrous. A lot of the t-shirts for example are flimsy and see-through yet cost ten times (if not a lot more) the cost of a regular t-shirt. The finish is not always superior and I find that true value can be found in mid-range labels such as Jack & Jones Premium Range. Definitely look at your moral values in relation to why you want designer clothes. They make me think of vulgar, ostentatious people. Money doesn't equal class.

kawaii_crazy says2013-09-23T21:30:00.920
Nope not worth the $