• It does nothing

Back when I was in third grade my teacher sent me to the office and I got after school detention just because I wasn't doing my work. I had to sit straight with my legs under my desk and stare at the board with my hands folded for half an hour. It just got me annoyed and irritated. It doesn't do much.

• It does nothing

• It does nothing

Savage, justin bieber, TRUMP, Jimmi, hoot hoot, yfeg ydf dwhu f u j wv iu iu iuv iherw ihua a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a im done now

• I ttius dhvgnvghgnbhfnffhf dfhcnccc

Chbcnfc c cf v vv v bb b bv v v v ff f f f f sd fsa dgf asdg fads gs afw sfa was fsa ef saef seds f sd fsd fa f as fsd f s f sdf sd fsd f sdf sd f sdf ds f dsf ds fs d savage

• I ttius dhvgnvghgnbhfnffhf dfhcnccc

• Savage x 2

Pure savage, ya thsts right, i am a pure savage w d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d dd

• By hubbub i

Luck with the new version and it will take place on earth did I get a job and the rest of the day before I get a follow back on my way home from work to be the first half of the day before I get to the gym today and it was the best of the year and I don't think that I have a nice person who has a great way of life and the rest of the year

• Not helpful at all

You learn that its a waste of timedwith my iPhone, but it’s real. Nobody can argue, this is my true story. And I’m going to give you the three most important things you can do today. So click the link, go there it’s completely free to watch it it’s just a couple minutes. Invest in yourself. Always be curious. Don’t be a cynic. Okay, people see videos like this and they say “Ah that’s not real that’s for somebody else.”

Don’t listen, don’t listen. Be an optimist. Like, Conrad Hilton, the man who started Hilton Hotel, he said that he was only fifteen years old when he read a book by Helen Keller, and that book changed his life. Books can change your life. And in that book, Helen Keller said “optimism” so if you’re a cynic, if you’re a pessimist you don’t need to click here. Don’t worry about it, I don’t need to talk to everybody. But if you’re somebody who knows that there’s something better, cause the dream is possible, you know, for some of you watching it’s not necessarily a Lamborghini, maybe it’s a new job, a new opportunity, starting your own company.
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    Detention is best used Detention is best used, not as study hall or cleanup time, but, rather, as a means of getting students attention by exhausting a student’s free time. In an time when parents are quick to yell at their children, a 100% silent, respectful punishment often heard... That is, if it's structured correctly.
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    Keep DT's Students are only ever punished effectively in detention The only punishment that is actually effective is detention.
    -Students are scared of geting a detention
    -Students behave well in lessons
    -The bad guys and girls get punished
    -Students arrive on time
    -Students learn beacause nobody messes about in classes
    Detention is a good punishment because it takes up students time, they don't like it, and it worries them how to inform their parents.
    Posted by: dcn Report Post
    Like Reply Challenge10
    Detentions are great Detentions are very good consequences as they detain the student after school and make the student think twice about being very naughty again. Schools should be able to detain students for bad behaviour. Detentions are very minor consequences and every adult would be likely to receive a more serious punishment than a DT (Detention)
    Report Post
    Like Reply00
    Detentions are great Detentions are very good consequences as they detain the

• Detention is effective

Many people say that detention is a waste of time, which is a good thing. Since nobody wants their time to be wasted, the student wont to repeat their wrong doing and have their time wasted again. Therefore, detention is effective and it will teach kids a very important lesson on behavior.

• Detention is effective

I think detentions are effective. Students may feel that detentions are a waste of time,during detention they can do their homework study extra or even reflect on what they've done to earn themselves a ticket to detention. Talking from experience if you have no detentions then you waste your time in playing games and other stuff.They don't realise the time given to them at home therfore we make time for them to get on with their work because students won't even touch their books at home

• No its not

People are always getting detentions and everyone has had at least one, even the teachers pets do. People will always get detentions and always will, yeah we may learn our lesson but no matter what we will always get them. So I say no detentions are not affective, hopefully one day detentions will be banned and prove that there is no point on having them. Thanks for reading. :)

• NO... It can even cause injustice

Detention is not effective and is a waste of time. You often get put in class detentions because of other people which is unjust and not right. Teachers should be banned from detentions because they can't be trusted and I know I have never had a fair one. Also ban the noisy parkers forcing you to sign your planner...

• Speaking from experience.

Being in detention, or in school suspension, did nothing for me. It was a waste of time, space, and taxes. When I was in detention which was barely a year ago, I did nothing but read fiction books all day for fun. I wasn't even in there for long, just 10 days, and being an AP kid, that was useful time thrown away. Especially when most of the kids in there actually need to be in class. They should tutor the kids in there instead of letting them mentally rot in the white rooms, or using them as janitors during lunch.

• I don't think so.

If it does work, it's not because it teaches a lesson, it's because detention is an inconvenience. It consists of nothing more than taking up space. If anything it might cause the child to resent the education system. How about teaching something that is actually interesting? If kids weren't so bored they wouldn't have time to act out.

• They are not effective

On febuary 5 I got a detention for not doing my homework once in 3 years! I mean seriously 1 and a half hour for no homework since secondary school.Teachers just go over board and don't remember when they where teenagers.If someone is being continually a major issue, just ex spell them,they'll learn there lesson then.Theres no point after all a tiger doesn't change its spots.

• Naw i dont think so

I used to get detentions wen ever i was late! Children dont actually learn anything from detention. Later on in 9th grade or something
    Detention was turning out to be a small thing for me and none of my parents cared about detention either .It is a waste of time and it sometimes gets dark on the way home Wher there are more strangers about

• Detention definitely must be banned!!!!!

We just get detentions for STUPID reasons!!! Whenever i get a detention, i always feel very very upset. I wish detention didn't exits!! I'm very SICK of it. When the bell rang and i just step into the classroom and the teacher didn't even start teaching, i got a detention. That's very STUPID!!!!! I HATE to see children getting detentions for stupid reasons. IT SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!

• Detention is pointless

I've had multiple detentions before, mostly for stupid things such as prank in a friend and because the idiot fitness directors only counted half Of my fitness minutes one week. And honestly,it just makes me hate school even more and makes me more likely to break rules I feel. This is a weak argument I realize but I don't have much time right now to write that much now

• Detention: least useful thing.

For one, kids who go to detention are always sent back to detention. Once kids experience detention, they realize that detention might not be so bad. You get a chance to do your homework and just calm down. Some students may not even care about going to detention anymore. Detention will seem like a small thing to them.
    Most kids do not learn from their mistakes anyway. What’s the use of having kids sent to detention if they don't even learn their lesson?
    Detention does not help kids, it wastes time. Kids at detentions basically sit and do nothing. How is this a lesson to teach kids? Many kids do not think about what they did wrong to get sent to detention. The only thing that happens during detentions are that the kids are extremely bored. Often kids have their friends with them during detentions. This will not give them time to reflect on their actions. Instead, they would just send notes to each other or communicate silently.

• Detentions aren't effective

The detention at my school are just sitting there doing nothing, which isn't really much, they probably don't even care and reflect on anything. The lunch detentions on the other hand are also not very effective, you mainly just sit there, eat, and think about stuff. I got a lunch detention for saying I didn't want to sit next to someone, and it actually helps as I have a lot of stuff to do and it lets me think about how to do them.