• Dicplining a child

Can lead to abuse. Sometimes the parents can get a little ruff and the child can get seriously hurt. Some parents can get drunk and"discipline" a child,maybe leading him/her to get very hurt. Discipline can be latter on used as abuse and the parent can say it's for their own good when really the child could get hurt even more. Also, disciplining a child can give the child physical and mental bruises. Later on the child can "discipline" it's own children because his/her parent hit them Asa form of dicipline.

• Sure whooping a child is an old fashion but that doesn't mean it isn't child abuse.

People think that hitting their child will keep them more disciplined and they might think that it is effective but really the child is just so scared that they don't stand back up. The child has been physically hit and is scared to talk back so that kind of is child abuse. They can be thought the what is right and what is wrong without being hit at. Sometimes this physical child abuse can lead to serious disorders or fears in that child's life.

• It helped me!

When my parents would spank me, I sure learned a lesson. Did it hurt? Of course! But you know what? I hardly ever made the same mistake again. Before my parents would spank me, they would always tell me that they were spanking me because they loved me and wanted me to learn and remember my lesson. Physically disciplining a child is not abuse, unless a parent uses it as so. Truly disciplining a child for a wrong they did is love.

• I feel that the degree to which the child is hit matters significantly, but an old fashioned whooping is not child abuse.

I am truly starting to become saddened with the cultural movement to remove physical discipline from a parent's arsenal. There is nothing quite as effective as using the fear of being spanked to get a child to act right. Of course you should explain to the child why what he did was wrong and why he should be better in the future, but that alone is not effective enough in most households.

• Physical discipline is justified when if you administer it with a fair reasons

Disciplining children to the point of damaging their health or causing emotional trauma is child abuse. Spanking them should not be considered child abuse. However, the purpose behind the punishment is to ensure they don't do the same thing again, not to let your own frustrations out. If you're can't control yourself, go take it out on a pillow and not your own child, because more than likely you'll be harsher than necessary and that can lead to borderline abuse. There's a fine line between discipline and abuse, and people should learn not to cross it or don't touch upon the area at all.

• No. It works.

Put yourself in the shoes of a stubborn kid, running around and causing trouble. You ask them to stop, and they ignore you. Just standing there and begging/yelling makes you look dumb, but physical punishments work. When I got disciplined physically, it stopped me from doing whatever the hell I was doing. Yelling at them and begging doesn't work. In school, there have been countless times I've seen freshmen trying to be cool, talking back to the teacher who is only asking them kindly to spit out some gum. It pains me to see out of control lessons where the teacher can't do anything except for give detentions and plead.