• Depends on the circumstances

Do determine whether its child abuse one must answer these questions:

Is the child continuing to disobey?

Has the child ever been bruised, scratched, or physically injured by the parent as a result of 'discipline'?

Is the parent physically punishing the child to promote fear?

Do the parents never give the child time to explain their position?

Does the child have an illness, disorder, or anything that causes them to act a certain way? Are they getting punished for it?

Does the child seem to fear the parent? Do they avoid talking to them about simple things, such as their day, friends, etc, because of this fear?

Is the parent known to have anger issues, alcohol or drug addictions, or any other causes that might allow them to lose control?

Do they lose control when they hit the child?

Do they never explain why its wrong to do whatever they did? Is it only for punishment?

Is the child neglected? Have they ever?

Does the child experience anxiety, depression, etc?

If 'yes' were answer to any of these questions without a way to defend yourself properly, then it is likely child abuse. Depending on where you live, child abuse can be illegal if some of these questions apply to you, your child, or someone you know. For example, in the state of Texas, it is illegal if physical marks are left on the child, if it is applied to a disabled or underage child, and sometimes it can be reported if the child is experiencing emotional abuse and neglect as a result.

• Dicplining a child

Can lead to abuse. Sometimes the parents can get a little ruff and the child can get seriously hurt. Some parents can get drunk and"discipline" a child,maybe leading him/her to get very hurt. Discipline can be latter on used as abuse and the parent can say it's for their own good when really the child could get hurt even more. Also, disciplining a child can give the child physical and mental bruises. Later on the child can "discipline" it's own children because his/her parent hit them Asa form of dicipline.

• Sure whooping a child is an old fashion but that doesn't mean it isn't child abuse.

People think that hitting their child will keep them more disciplined and they might think that it is effective but really the child is just so scared that they don't stand back up. The child has been physically hit and is scared to talk back so that kind of is child abuse. They can be thought the what is right and what is wrong without being hit at. Sometimes this physical child abuse can lead to serious disorders or fears in that child's life.

• It helped me!

When my parents would spank me, I sure learned a lesson. Did it hurt? Of course! But you know what? I hardly ever made the same mistake again. Before my parents would spank me, they would always tell me that they were spanking me because they loved me and wanted me to learn and remember my lesson. Physically disciplining a child is not abuse, unless a parent uses it as so. Truly disciplining a child for a wrong they did is love.

• I feel that the degree to which the child is hit matters significantly, but an old fashioned whooping is not child abuse.

I am truly starting to become saddened with the cultural movement to remove physical discipline from a parent's arsenal. There is nothing quite as effective as using the fear of being spanked to get a child to act right. Of course you should explain to the child why what he did was wrong and why he should be better in the future, but that alone is not effective enough in most households.

• Its really fun

No. It works. Put yourself in the shoes of a stubborn kid, running around and causing trouble. You ask them to stop, and they ignore you. Just standing there and begging/yelling makes you look dumb, but physical punishments work. When I got disciplined physically, it stopped me from doing whatever the hell I was doing. Yelling at them and begging doesn't work. In school, there have been countless times I've seen freshmen trying to be cool, talking back to the teacher who is only asking them kindly to spit out some gum. It pains me to see out of control lessons where the teacher can't do anything except for give detentions and plead.

• Hi i Elizabeth

Is not somethinhg good cuz it may saffect their lifes whn they get older
    also it not good cuz they may do the same thing to their children
    i say it cuz 9i lived tht experience tht and now i m having some physical help to nopt do tye same thing to my childre whn i grow up nd hve children

• Physical discipline is justified when if you administer it with a fair reasons

Disciplining children to the point of damaging their health or causing emotional trauma is child abuse. Spanking them should not be considered child abuse. However, the purpose behind the punishment is to ensure they don't do the same thing again, not to let your own frustrations out. If you're can't control yourself, go take it out on a pillow and not your own child, because more than likely you'll be harsher than necessary and that can lead to borderline abuse. There's a fine line between discipline and abuse, and people should learn not to cross it or don't touch upon the area at all.

• No. It works.

Put yourself in the shoes of a stubborn kid, running around and causing trouble. You ask them to stop, and they ignore you. Just standing there and begging/yelling makes you look dumb, but physical punishments work. When I got disciplined physically, it stopped me from doing whatever the hell I was doing. Yelling at them and begging doesn't work. In school, there have been countless times I've seen freshmen trying to be cool, talking back to the teacher who is only asking them kindly to spit out some gum. It pains me to see out of control lessons where the teacher can't do anything except for give detentions and plead.