• Fox news is trash

Everything on tv is trash... I get my news from online or youtube. More company needs to step up and censor out news stations that is just flat out lying to the public. I applaud dish for doing this and will continue to be a happy dish customer! O yeah!

• Yes, Dish Network is abusing censorship by blacking out a news outlet.

Although I am not personally a fan of Fox News and its views, blacking out their news channel based on the extremity of the political message they deliver is only perpetuating a bigger problem at hand. For Dish Network to take such extreme action seems to show fear on their side and the inability to leave an open discussion about the policies and views they disagree on.

• Dish is controlling instead of reporting public events.

I'm about to switch to another satellite provider who will not filter public events (like this important debate). I will watch it streaming on Fox and believe it's just a matter of time until satellite and cable providers go the way of the newspapers. We don't want your filter. We don't give a shit what you think. We will get our news direct from the Internet and we will participate in our democracy directly and ultra rich content controllers like Dish and Google and Yahoo will ultimately lose to the will of WE, THE PEOPLE. .

• Give me the debate or give me direct

These upcoming elections may well be one of the most, if not the most, important events the people have ever participated in. Given our debt and the many security threats we face as a country the voters need to be informed by all persuasions in order to make the best choices possible to forge a different path for our future. As a retiree on a fixed income I cannot afford a big tv package and I believe Dish has some obligation to the people to push the on button for these presidential debate whatever the party.
    As for me I will look to a new provider for my future programming.

• My payment goes to dish.... Not fox.

I want what was advertised when I became a dish subscriber many years ago. Dishs' main man, Ergen, is not convincing me with his day long repeated line on the channel that once had fox news. Your appeal to the subscribers is nothing short of a some low life working a a carnival. You look like a vacuum cleaner salesman while on TV. Who the F do think UR kidding. UR spoon feed all your life and have no clue what is like to be hard working man that pays the bills. That hard working man is getting screwed because you can not make a deal.

• My payment goes to dish.... Not fox.

• Arrogance. Customer insensitivity

Charlie Ergen, chairman, has forgotten what made him a billionaire. Had he adopted this customer attitude when he started Dish, it would have never gotten off the ground.

Content is king. Dish is nothing more than a high powered paper carrier. They don't create the news they deliver it, just like a paper carrier. I think I'll get a new carrier (after 10 years at two homes) who listens to its customers. Dish doesn't listen. They think they don't have to-the chairman is a billionaire and won't have a garage sale of he loses 10% of his viewers, which I think is possible.

Vote with your pocket book. Leave Dish. They left us.....Holding the bag!!!!!

• Dish is the greedy ones

Look at their track record recently. They want to pick a fight with everyone it seems. By the end of the of the weekend they will have lost my business as a 13 year customer. We get tired of paying top dollar for the programming, having to pay high prices to upgrade equipment, and now they pick a fight with the only news channel I watch. Good bye Dish.

• Customers Must Come First

Both Foxnews and Dish Network have behaved in a very unprofessional manner. Their customers have every right to expect the channels they contract for to be available and not be used as levers in a negotiation. Blacking out the availability of a channel that subscribers, a key term in my argument, have every reasonable expectation to expect to be available is a childish and unconscionable action engaged in by petty and small minded 'bean counter' types that are far more concerned with their own petty and self-serving agendas than their customers; their customers should always be their primary concern. The fact that their customers are not their primary concern speaks volumes about their business ethics and the application of those same ethics. I am very disappointed in both of these companies and the damage done to me personally is irreparable. I will seek an alternative for my news network and the delivery of the same.

• Not at all

I personally don't like it when cable/satellite TV companies get into disputes over how much they charge their customers, and then both Dish and Fox leave customers hostage. But in this case, we're talking about a news network that's known for having a one-sided debate on just about every issue they discuss; it's all about politics and money for Fox News.

Posted by: S.K
  • Fox behaved unprofessionally.

Fox and News International's record speaks for itself when it comes to trying to opportunistically inflate prices at the cost of the customer. Their use of the news channels as leverage was particularly unprofessional, as Dish Network did not even cover the channels they wished to increase the prices of. Dish were within their legal and moral rights to act as they did.

• Supply and Demand Still Counts

Dish Network has been battling with many networks over carriage fees, and Fox News and its parent company are just the latest. Dish just recently came to an agreement with CBS on fees, and that long-standing network was nearly removed as well. It doesn't really matter in the long run, as the viewers will be the ones paying more for the channels.

• Dish Network has every right to black out Fox News

The continued argument of fees around airing Fox News on Dish Network has some viewers upset, but it actually is good business. Dish Network continues to pay high fees for the Fox network that seems to think that they can continue to increase prices without considerations to the business structure. Dish Network could even decide to drop Fox News if some conclusion hasn't happened and that would be good business as all the entities need to be making money.