• Doctor Who is more versatile.

Because of the way Doctor Who's characters and mechanics are set up almost any scenario can take place, with large battles/wars playing out in episodes like "The Day of the Doctor" and smaller more simple stories taking place in "Father's Day" and "The Lodger" and down right creepy and scary stories in "Blink", "Midnight", "The Empty Child" ,"Silence in the Library", "Night Terrors" and the like. With a lead who's actor can be changed when needed Doctor Who can do basically whatever it wants. Star Wars is great but without diving into the eu its mostly just a lot of long-odds fighting in space.

• Doctor who is better

Like seriously. Star wars has taken a very long time to come up with the next episode. Though I still like it, Disney started to own it and Expanded Universe isn't real anymore. The Boba Fett space laser bounty hunter is dead now. Boba Fett's death ruined it for me. In EU, he used a thermal detonator to get out. Anyways, Doctor Who has a meaning and can relate to people. There's a slim chance you'll get a time machine, but you COULD be the companion. But in Star Wars your important only if you can use the force. Hey. Han Solo can't use the force and got slaughtered by his son. And also, I think Doctor Who is gonna last more, due to the regenerations n stuff. Star wars put itself in a position when they're gonna have to kill the character to make new ones, like with what happened to Han. All it takes for Doctor who to move on is a regeneration. That is All.

• Doctor Who Is Better

Doctor Who is better than Star Wars because it has so much more variety. In Star Wars, an alien is just an alien but in Doctor Who you get a wide range of monsters that are each unique, i.E the weeping angels and the silence, rather than (in Star Wars) just being blue or having three heads.

Also, i concede that the force is freaking awesome, and i would love to have a lightsaber.
    However, which would you pick. A lightsaber. Or to be able to travel in a box thats bigger on the inside and get to go anywhere in time and space...

• Doctor who is the best

Better villains. The master has had several more worse plans like killing humanity and stealing the doctors life. Darth vader only had one major problem. The master is more evil in a fight against darth vader he will hung draw and quarter him. Potentially darth vader is not scary enough

• Obviously yes, everyone knows.

Doctor Who also has more quantity! Watch every Doctor Who , then watch every Star Wars. This will take a really long time, but when it comes down to minutes and hours, Doctor Who can entertain you for much longer. It also doesn't have cheesy cliches like "I am your father."

• Doctor who is way better than star wars

It is better because 3billion people watched the 50th anniversary and only 20million watched the newest star wars movie s s s s s s s e e e e e e e a a a a a a a a a a a a n n nn n n

• Different story's every week

I like Doctor who better because it's a new story every week and not the same thing which keeps the show fresh and interesting and the change of characters in the show and new ,cool and interesting monsters and new story arcs and more planets dimensions and different types of monsters and aliens and time travel.

• This isn't an objective question

Who determines which is better? Ultimately, the issue withy this question is hat it is entirely reliant on opinion, now, if we were to talk about effects on popular culture then I suppose Star Wars has this one, otherwise no one can determine this. Personally,me do prefer Star Wars, but, again, I am not the arbiter of this subject.

• Neither is better.

This debate is based entirely on personal preference. Some people prefer star wars, others might prefer Doctor Who. I don't even know why anyone would post this debate because no one can prove either to be superior.
    It comes down to opinions, and arguments cannot rely on those to prove a point.

• Doctor who sucks!

I hate Doctor who. It is way too tingy, and hard to focus on. Fricking time lords and crap!?? U kiddin me? I know. I'm being critical. And i have terrible reason
    but just bare with me
    star wars is obviously, WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better.

• Djhhhateasdhgfdsiuoahuigohiu lorldglfg lolollolotkjghn

Uydhdhdhddisagreedjnxcjn,dshbsljkbsigb b h hk lj oiy dfjhdf ds s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s b u l l c r a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a p

• "Star Wars" is by Far Better

Graphics, writing, talent... The list goes on and on as to why "Star Wars" is better than "Dr. Who". Maybe Brittian has loyalty to its product (which is fine and I respect), however "Star Wars" has been more popular longer (at least in the U.S.). "Dr. Who" was always broadcast on PBS... Right after "Sesame Street".

Posted by: HH34
  • Absolutely Not Even Close

• Not even close.

Doctor Who is above average at best. Sure it has some "brilliant" episodes every now and then (Blink being one of them), but overall it mostly has mediocre episodes. It is very overrated, and has one of the worst fan bases ever.

Star Wars has literally changed the entertainment industry, and has also impacted the world larger than any other entertainment franchise.

Star Wars has opened up and expanded the imaginations of millions of people. Many famous actors, writers, and directors today were inspired by star wars.

Everyone knows, and almost everyone loves, star wars.
    Doctor Who? Doctor Who is mostly known in the UK, Australia, and in a few parts in the United States. And from what I know, most people dislike it in the United States that know of it's existence. They find it's writing to be dull, childish, boring, cheap, and inconsistent.

Anyway, those are only a few reasons why Doctor Who isn't better than Star Wars.