• It's awesome and epic

Doctor who is the best show because of all the never die and because the tardis is bigger in the inside. It is also the best show because of the sonic screwddriver. The sonic screwdriver is the best because it can open anything at any were .Doctor who is also the best because the tardis is bigger in the insed

• Doctor Who is amazing

Doctor Who is one of the most original Sci-Fi TV shows ever. It includes genius elements such as regeneration (which allows the show to go on) and a TARDIS which is one of the most iconic space ships ever. It is not surprising that it's Britain's favourite Sci-Fi show! It's truly amazing!

• The best show watched.Also the monster costumes look realistic and the animated monsters look realistic

If you do not like doctor who I feel bad for the people that are not having the fun at all.I want to see more of THE DOCTOR figuring out ways to save the world or persons day.Those of you don't like it watch DOCTOR WHO or not if you are a hater

• It's got everything you want and nothing you don't

Doctor Who has been going for a very long time and it's only got better. It's funny, smart, a little bonkers, imaginative, suspenseful and extremely good fun while leaving out the aggressive, crude and nasty side in TV shows like East Enders. What else could you possibly need in a 45 minute 13 times a year TV show?

• It is SO so amazing

What makes Doctor Who so good? Have you ever wondered that? Perhaps a friend who doesn’t watch the show asked you that once. Or maybe it’s you who doesn’t watch it, and you’re wondering why you should, whether Doctor Who really is any different to any other sci-fi show on TV at the moment. Whatever the reason, I’ll be dissecting what Doctor Who really is and what makes it so good, to me at least.

I think what it really comes down to is the fact that it’s pretty much limitless. It can go anywhere. The Doctor can go and meet Vincent Van Gogh back in the 19th century, battle Silurians in 2020, travel to the hospitals of New Earth in the distant future, and so on. In fact, the Doctor was even at both the creation and destruction of the Earth! The possibilities are endless.

And it can be almost any genre. Horror, sci-fi, comedy, drama, western and fantasy, to name a few. And it often tries to be all of them at once! One minute you’ll be screaming in terror, the next you’ll be roaring with laughter, before leaving you sitting at the edge of your seat.

Another thing Doctor Who really has going for it is its creativity. It doesn’t just stay where it is, reusing the same monsters and characters again and again. It moves on, comes up with unique stories, creates different monsters, etc. In almost 50 years, this amazing show still hasn’t lost its creativity. Every new episode, there’s a new enemy for the Doctor to face. There have been easily over a hundred different aliens created for the show, many with very clever, unique concepts behind them.

Because of this, and of course all the many writers who have contributed to the show, there’s bound to be a part of it that someone will like, even if they don’t like some other aspect of Doctor Who. For instance, if someone doesn’t like the Russell T Davies era, they could try Steven Moffat’s era, and vice versa. Over the course of 49 years, there have been many, many changes to this show. New Doctors, new companions, new writers, and so on.

One of the things I like most about Doctor Who is how clever it is. It isn’t just a mindless action programme. Yes, there’s plenty of action (particularly running down corridors), but there’s always a brilliant plot behind it, with characters that you actually care about.

New Who, I’m sure everyone will agree, also focuses more on the writing than the action. It stills keeps the clever plots, well developed characters, and amazing monsters, just with vastly improved production quality.

So, Doctor Who is so good for many reasons. Its limitlessness, its creativity, its plots, its monsters, and its characters. And I’m sure you’ll be able to find even more reasons why you enjoy it so much.

This show has lasted 50 years for a very good reason. It is the best!

Thanks

• Dr who is SO SO good

This show has lasted 50 years for a very good reason. It is the best
    Thanks

• Simply the best

Dr. Who has been alive for over five decades, yet its popularity does not decrease, as opposed to almost every other show out there. The flexible nature of the main character, the obvious dose of British humor and the childish approach to an extremely wide range of human experiences and feelings throughout so many seasons make it an excellent way to pass the time. There is a doctor for everybody: every single one of them faces the recurring "escapism" theme in a different personality. Simply the best.

• There are no limits to imagination

I have watched Doctor Who, since I was 3 years old. As a child it both entertained and petrified me. As I grew older, it still enthralled me. Once Mat Smith took over, it had another lease of life. I am looking forward to Peter Capaldi, there's no reason Doctor Who couldn't last another 50 years. It's in good hands and massive part of our culture.

• Nothing Compares _

Covers all genres and still making new episodes. The only thing that comes close is Star Trek but even so they have it a slump. The "No'ers" lists of competition is not even competition they are fads (minus Star Trek as a brand and Fire Fly which never saw the true light following season 1. Lets compare the recent trends Breaking bad 2008-2013 Finished, Game of Thrones 2010 to probably 2016 (season 6 end), THEN Dr Who 1963 to 2014 and still going how is this comparable in success??? I love the other shows but this is something else.

• Too much competition.

Doctor Who is not only (in my opinion) not the best show ever, but it simply can't be. If the question was "best sci-fi show ever" there'd be debate. But the fact that it's Doctor Who against every tv show that has ever been made (and due to your wording- will ever be made) makes it impossible for it to win. Doctor Who is a good show. A great one actually. But it's up against [mental deep breath]

- Breaking Bad
    - Sherlock
    - Dexter
    - The Wire
    - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    - Firefly
    - True Blood
    - The X Files
    - Game of Thrones
    - Fringe
    - Lost
    - Dollhouse
    - The Sopranos
    - Community
    - Parks & Recreation
    - Arrested Development
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - Mad Men
    - Justified
    - The Newsroom
    - Luther
    - House
    - Boardwalk Empire
    - The Simpsons
    - Spaced
    - Star Trek % STNG
    - 24

You get the point. In my opinion, no it's not. In fact, not it's not. In my opinion, the best TV show is The Wire. If you want to determine the best show, it's either The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The best TV show would be determined by fanbase, reviews, # of seasons, # of acclaimed seasons, creativity, # of awards, a random survey. By this, you might think it's Doctor Who, but Doctor Who has certain seasons even fans of Doctor Who didn't like. You will never catch a Breaking Bad fan saying he thinks any of the seasons were lame, but you can easily catch a Whovian saying it.

• Too much competition

Doctor Who is just an average TV show I once got too excited over. Nothing else. Nothing more. Looking back at it it's the same plot all over again. Doctor and assistant go into tardis. Doctor shows assistant world. Bad people doing bad things. Doctor saves people from bad people doing said bad things.

• We Are Not Impressed (with the first two seasons of the re-imagined series)

The serialized format, in which plot-archs sometimes arise but often each episode is a story unto itself without any great contribution to the larger picture, is indicative of the foremost purpose of the show: a) exist purely as an engine for lucrative installments and b) simultaneously present mental noise for an audience unwilling to pursue plot beyond fantastical escapism. Often the premises are simplistic ('villain secretly owns entire internet', 'three flatulent aliens in skin suits infiltrate parliament and try to take over the world', 'large plastic dolls go berserk/dress as Santa/try to kill Madame de Pompadour') and the supposed scope of not only the Doctor's traveling ability but the events witnessed and organizations represented are absurdly reduced to the extent they cannot portray their own import. This is acceptable in satire, but the situations of Doctor Who want to be taken seriously, with lightheartedness introduced using the antics of the Doctor and his companions. The Doctor tends to bounce around as if in a children's program, always awarded the last word and the righteousness reveled in at fanboy love-ins. Happy endings for good tend to be delivered 'just in the nick of time', often through circumstances more mystic and magical than even remotely scientific, revealing the mechanisms of formulaic storytelling and rendering real investment impossible. Really, this is kid's stuff. The target market here are the individuals who imagine that the pseudo-science backdrop presents a substantial content departure from common police procedurals and medical dramas.

• Doctor Who is OK

Doctor Who is a good TV series, and it is an excellent example of British humor. It has been popular for decades, but it is not the greatest show of all times. Many other television shows are equally good or better. MASH, House, and NCIS are all better shows than Doctor Who.

• Everyone has to like it or understand why it's liked.

No, it is not. Personally, I find it boring and not captivating. Not to mention that, per the question, it is up against all other tv shows that has existed and will exist. I have only watched a few episodes, all which have or nearly have made me fall asleep.

The best show ever would not do that, even to a viewer who generally did not like it. There is no such thing as a best tv show. Simply because of different tastes and opinions.

Posted by: Okan

Ragnar says2013-06-11T07:24:56.270
Way too subjective of a question.