• Never say never

Domestic violence is pretty terrible, but the use of the word "ever" makes yes the correct answer. To paraphrase Daniel Tosh, if you walk in on your wife who has just drowned two of your children and is about to drown the third, then is it ok to hit her so she can't do it? Asking if it is "ever" ok means that a long as one ridiculous contrary example can be given, yes is the correct choice.

• Sometimes domestic violence is justified

My Dad, when he thinks I'm being sassy or when my brother picks on me and I react, will hit me either with his fist or with his shoe and sometimes with his foot. Many people consider this as justified, and it is, because you need to ne able to correct your childeren. And my dad believes this is the best way to do it, but only to daughters. My father would never hit my brother.

• Much of what is called "Domestic Violence" is very trivial. This is a disservice to people who are actually the victims of genuinely violent situations.

Is spanking an unruly child immoral? Some would say yes, but some people who were spanked as children see the practice as a vital tool for child-rearing, and also have loving relationships with their parents. Similarly, I believe that all cases of domestic violence must be judged according to its unique context and circumstance. Therefore, it is wrong to say that domestic violence is never justifiable.

• By definition, no

Usually when we make absolute statements we get undesirable consequences, but in this case, the definition of domestic violence provides a good safeguard. Domestic violence is abusive, so by ruling it out in all eventualities we do not rule out cases such as self-defence against one's family members because self-defence is not abusive. So, protecting oneself or another would be preserved even if we accept the proposition that domestic violence is never acceptable.

Now, are there any eventualities in which domestic violence is acceptable? That would seem to require that the deliberate abuse of a human being is acceptable, which is prohibited by even the most general reading of the harm principle. Or it would require that the victim was deserving, but one cannot deserve abuse. One can deserve to be the target of self-defence, but not abuse. At best we might say that a victim is foolhardy if he or she remains in an abusive situation or returns to one in the presence of alternative arrangements, but this does not alter the immoral character of the perpetrator's actions. And in any case, there are often psychological factors at work.

• Of course not

Allowing violence is contradictory to the morals on which the legal system and education is built. If we allow domestic violence, then we would have to allow other kinds of violence as well, and that is not the answer. Children who grow up in homes where domestic violence took place will think that it is ok to be aggressive, and criminal activity will increase.

• God never wanted voilen

The world would be better place we could talk to each other calmly the way god would like us to solve every solution.Also if we are always using violence to get through every solution what example are we setting we will just carry on doing violence it will never stop.

• Within the definition of "domestic violence" - no, it is never justifiable.

I am not talking about spanking your child - that is not "domestic violence."

Beating your wife, or causing any type of violent physical harm to another human being is never justified. We have police to restrain unruly people and maintain order. Self-defense is also not domestic violence, it is an act of restraining violence acted upon you.

• Not under its own definition.

Domestic violence is defined as "behaviors used by one person in a relationship to control the other." by http://www.Domesticviolence.Org/definition/ and is generally seen as physical harm. The scenario which Luisthebrazilliancowboy brings up is a good argument, however unless you view domestic violece as being violence committed for any reason between two people in a relationship, this example is closer to prevention of homicide than anything. Domestic violence usually occurs over a longer period of time and includes emotional abuse as well. Domestic violence should never be resorted to as a conflict resolver in a relationship and is in no way justifiable when used as such.