• Yes it is.

Drug testing for welfare is effective. If someone is using drugs, then they should not be getting welfare as there are more deserving people who are not getting it. It is a waste of time and money for the government if they are giving out welfare to drug users and abusers.

• Drug testing is effective to a certain point

Yes, I think drug testing is effective at least for a deterrent if not the prevention of abuse of the system. Welfare benefits is not for funding a drug user's habit, it is a temporary fix for a permanent problem. When a person is subjected to random drug testing they are more likely not to abuse drugs while in the system.

• Drug testing for welfare is effective

Drug testing for welfare is effective. This is because of the fact that most drug tests are pretty foolproof. When a hair or salival sample is used and tested, there is almost no way to avoid getting accurate results. People can use fake or other people's urine, but other tests can't be tricked in this manner.

• Yes it is.

If they can afford to buy drugs, they can afford to live without taking money from the working class Americans. It is as simple as that. Welfare is an American privelage, not a right. It has not always been given and may soon not be given if Obama messes up the economy anymore.

-Al Carter

• Yes, I believe drug testing for welfare is effective.

I believe that drug testing for welfare is effective. For some families welfare is very important for the children--for their food, medical care, etc. It is important that welfare money goes toward just that and not drugs. Also, if drug use is detected, I think it is important to get the person help and into rehab.

• Your a stupid dick hole

Finessing numbers to trick idiots into believing you. What is the actual number of welfare recipients. If only 1 % tested positive. There must be a reason why you didnt say an actual numbe. And in five years with 387,000 drug tests being administered more than 12 people failed, more than 12 people failed in the first day

• Yes yes drug test drug test

Drug testing should be used in weather or not welfare is givin to the person or not. Abuse of the system is increassing and families are using the money for things other than the essentials , some people on government aid use drugs and need to be tested. Go debate team we will win !

• Drug testing welafre

Terrible idea its crazy oh my god it makes absolutely no sense like oh my god. One two three 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 !!!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! ! ! ! ! 1 1 ! ! ! ! ! !

• Unfortunately, it is not.

I think when it comes to drug testing for welfare, it is not effective. These days, a lot of people are very sneaky when it comes to drug testing, and will somehow manage to find a way to "cheat" and have their results come back completely 100% clean when they really are not.

• Drug testing for welfare is not effective.

Drug testing for welfare is not effective. It is just another loophole the government can use to pull the funding from a family that needs it. I believe it is wrong to punish the entire family just because of someone using drugs. They will get their drugs somehow but we are keeping families from being able to survive.

• Florida's experience with welfare drug testing proves otherwise

Florida tried a little experiment a few years ago with this very idea. They found that less than 1% of welfare recipients tested positive for illegal drugs. It was found that the testing process cost the taxpayers far more than the small amount of illegal drug addicts were taking from welfare.

• Mandatory drug testing for those receiving welfare is not effective in preventing abused of the system.

All you have to do is look at the results of mandatory drug testing in Arizona to see that it is not an effective means to stop abuse of welfare benefits. Arizona has drug tested those receiving welfare since 2007. In five years over 387,000 drug tests were given with only 12 people failing. The $3+ million dollars spent on drug testing would have been better deployed on benefits and education.

All you have to do is look at the results of mandatory drug testing in Arizona to see that it is not an effective means to stop abuse of welfare benefits. Arizona has drug tested those receiving welfare since 2007. In five years over 387,000 drug tests were given with only 12 people failing. The $3+million dollars spent on drug testing would have been better deployed on benefits and education.