• Dubstep is music

It is music because it has everything music with "instruments" has rythm, beat etc... And if you say it needs to have lyrics then what is instrumental music. People say that because it's made with a computer it's not music but if you play jazz on your phone is it still music? A computer (your phone) is still making it but it's still jazz.

• Dubstep is music

• Dubstep is made by people not computers

For all of you saying "Dubstep is generated by computers" you are just plain wrong. The computer is just a tool that a HUMAN uses to make Dubstep. Same thing with "real music". The guitar doesn't make the music, the human does. And with any tool really. A razor doesn't shave your beard, you shave your own beard with the razor.

• Yes it's a music

Based on Wikipedia, Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound organized in time. The common elements of music are pitch rhythm dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the "color" of a musical sound). So it means yes.
    And for you guys who said its not requiring any skills, expression, you're just can't identify it as an "art" in your ear, while the "art" itself is relative in my opinion,
    and if you say no real instruments, well, what is instrument? According to wikipedia again, A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. In principle, any object that produces sound can be considered a musical instrument; it is through purpose that the object becomes a musical instrument.
    So, yeah, its just you cant accept that someone is enjoying what they want/like to hear because you dont have the ability to IDENTIFY IT AS MUSIC

• Yes it's a music

• Dubstep is music, people that say “no” are dumb.

People think it isn’t music because its made with a computer.
    But the sounds are mostly instruments like: Drums, keyboards!
    The keyboards have presets like a Bass or something! And people say that DJ’s make music... But they dont use instrument either! And if that is called music, then dubstep also is!

• Is country really music?

No, because it's just a bunch of terrible guitars stuck together, and no time was spent on it. Dubstep is music because it takes a incredible amount of time to make, and most dubstep producers spend actual time creating their instruments, modeling their effects, and keep on trying to improve.

• Absolutely, dubstep is music

Takes a lot of talent, and you need to be able to know when and where to put different sounds, and what level of sound you need in those places, low and high. You cannot just place sounds where ever you want, you need to keep a balance of low and high notes

• Dubstep is music.. How is it not?

Dubstep is a fairly new genre of music, which is one reason that people say it is not music. This happens for every new-ish genre of music. Just because dubstep is not made with "real" instruments doesn't mean.. Wait a minute! Why aren't computer programs thought of as real music? I could say that dubstep is music BECAUSE it is made with computers, and that anything that's not isn't real music. Obviously that would be wrong, but I think this highlights the fact that people who say dubstep, or other electronic forms of music are not music are sadly mistaken. Computer programs are just a different way to produce different music. Another argument that people use to argue the negative is that it takes no effort to produce dubstep. WRONG! Even if this were true, it would still be music, but it does take effort. I know I can not make good dubstep music (or any for that matter), but that's not for lack of trying; it takes a lot of effort to make any form of EDM. I have seen inside the tracks of good dubstep artists, and that stuff is real complex. Don't tell me that electronic music is just stringing together notes of the same key... I could say other music is the same thing (but I don't, because that's not true).

• Dubstep is music damn it

Saying that dubstep isn't music is like saying that digntal art isn't really art because its done on the computer and i never pick up a paint brush or that stories that are typed on the computer arn't really stories because the writer didn't need to pick up a pencil. Saying that you have to use an instrument for it to classified as music is stupid

• Dubstep is NOT music

Dubstep is not musical until a real instrument is utilized. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool musician. I'm listening to Jazz as I type this. My greatest conflict with dubstep is that it can be done without looking at a sheet of staff paper or plucking a string. Is a dubstep artist considered a musician? They don't touch instruments. If the creator isn't a musician, the product couldn't be music.

• No Structure or melody.

It's just a bunch of noises and exaggerated bass. It doesn't take ANY talent whatsoever. It's just noise. How the hell do you dance to it without looking like a noodle? It does have some singing but it's just a repeated word that is either really really high or low.

• Dubstep is not music

Is dubstep really music? Think about it. No musical instruments are used. Only a computer and a person. A computer is not an instrument. For all you dubstep lovers out there get your head out of the clouds and back down to logical land. Dubstep is merely annoying sounds blended together. There is a difference between DJs and musicians. I can tell you for sure that anyone who makes dubstep is more like a "technician" rather than a musician. There are no authentic instrumental sounds in dubstep. I can't stress this enough. DUBSTEP IS NOT MUSIC.

• Do I even need to explain?

The fact that there are no REAL instruments sickens me. You can pull up a series of notes that will ALWAYS SOUND GOOD TOGETHER (E.G. They are all in the same key or they work with the key or scale that they are using). And to the majority that say that most dubstep creators are experienced in playing instruments and know musical theory: that's great, I hope they do. Let me propose a question; if they know how to play piano so well, why do they need to make dubstep? If they can make REAL music with REAL instruments. Please note that I do understand that an electric keyboard which is imbued with the power of the synth is basically the same thing as a computer generated song. The difference in my eyes is that you can take the skills from the electric keyboard and use them on a real piano; that you cannot do on a laptop (spare me if I say MacBook, just kidding. Not gonna rant about Apple products..). And I have had dubstep advocates say that dubstep is music based solely on the fact that one can consider nature sounds to be music. Music, as defined by many knowledgeable people (I'll put a link at the bottom), is a property of speech and that is how we perceive music as bad or good. The fact that music is almost always made to convey emotions backs this theory up. I can only think of one emotion that dubstep conveys: disgust. One other thing that I found funny was that spell check tried to correct 'dubstep' to 'dumpster', the place that it truly belongs. That isn't a complete reason, but hey.

Here's the link I promised:
    http://whatismusic.Info/

• Genres are equivocation these days

And it has been for a long time, as long when some peanut gallery is going to mislead the use of a term with more than one meaning or sense. An example would be when Skrillex calls his music dubstep when clearly his music isn't in fact dubbed that's misleading compare to some DJ artist like Skream who plays authentic dubstep music. I don't listen to these types of music but I have listen a few sample to tell you there is a difference and that I'm gladly to say I can careless about this particular genera; at any rate I prefer to listen to more real music that is more melodic and unique.

• Dubstep is NOT music

Music is an art form, yes. It is open and subject to each individual's interpretation. However, music is as much of a science as an art. There are rules to music. There is structure. Even if a musician doesn't know exactly what the rules are, they realize when they've broken one and it sounds like trash. Dubstep follows none of these rules. Is it an art form? Yes. Does it have its own purpose and place in the world of music? YES! Dubstep is a great tool to be used to compliment actual music, but it on its own is lacking certain important qualities for it to be music.

• Based on the Definition of Music

My dictionary states that music is "vocal or instrumental sounds combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion." That being said, computers cannot produce expression of emotion, and as far as I can see dubstep is not beautiful, simply stimulating to some people. Therefore, falling back on technicalities, dubstep is NOT music.

• Not real music

To me music is a way to convey thoughts/emotions/statements in a way that it can connect with people. When I hear dub step all I hear is LOOK HOW ANNOYING I CAN BE!! Not very relatable. When you play an instrument (I play guitar) I can close my eyes and play the song/tune is influenced by me and my emotions directly. I don't think the same can be said for a computer.

• Music is made, not generated.

I have no problem with people using computers to modify a live feed, some cool stuff can be done using computers, including hooking instruments up to giant Tesla towers. But, when there is absolutely no instrument involved in the process at all, I find it harder to accept it as music. A computer generated sound is just generated, like a software key. Music is a form of expression, when we can teach computers to express themselves as well as humans, I will accept they can make music.

• It requires no skill, no knowledge of theory, and it doesn't even require an instrument...

Calling dub step artists musicians is like calling someone who cuts their nails a surgeon or someone who puts gas in their car a mechanic. It's offensive to people who actually play instruments to call someone that knows nothing about theory and doesn't even play an instrument a musician. They're not even playing an instrument! They use other people's beats and samples! That's like someone who makes a collage on Photoshop using internet images a Photographer! Jesus Christ!