• Family Values, Good Humor, Wholesome

Duck Dynasty gives a picture of a family who believes in God, shows what true men and women should be, what strong marriage, children, and grandchildren should be, and has a wonderful work ethic and good humor to go along with it. In our current society of so many fractured families this is fresh water to a world dying of thirst. May more shows like this increase all over!

• One of the few PG shows that is actually entertaining

Definitely does not fit into Americas current trend (sex crazed). Its something like the Kardashians, only it's a down to earth family of hunters with a sense of humor running a duck/deer call business and showing you what their life is like. When one of my family members showed me an episode, I was hooked. It's a funny and happy family show that's sure to be on your "like" list! :)

• Wholesome, humorous and teaches good values.

For the first time, there is a decent reality TV show teaching positive family values instead of partying, violence or indecency, and people attack it just because they pray. I'm not a Christian, and I love the show! If someone doesn't like it, all they have to do is change the channel. We live in the country, and we hunt and fish, and teach our children to do the same. Culture shock: there are millions of people who don't live in cities where this lifestyle is natural. That doesn't make us ignorant or disgusting.

• OH HECK YEAH!!!!!!!

It makes me laugh until i cry and every one needs good laugh so hell yeah it is the best show on the TV now it better than all the other newer hows that are on TV now so shut up to everyone who said no! I loooooooooveeeeee this show!

• Absolutely a great show

Incredible show...The personalities and the sincerity behind their values. Jase's talking heads are inspired, even Willie, who I see as the weak link, can laugh at himself. Close family bonds, strong marriages, respectful kids...The family is great. Aside from Willie, none seem impressed with all their money, they just appear to be all around good folk.

• Its a good show.

Ok, so personally I think it is stupid, but my boyfriend and sister both love it. They think it is the funniest show ever made in the 2000's. A family becomes rich from making duck products. Primarily a duck caller. They are really a family that came from rags to riches. Silly, but a pretty good show. (even though I think its stupid.)

• yes it is

It is a scripted show but its a hilarious show. Si robertson is the funniest person earth. The show has so many funny scenes and the entire show is funny. There are almost no scenes that are not funny. The people in the show are also conservatives so any liberals planning on watching the show will probably run away crying because they all shoot guns and speak the truth

• Yes, of course

Duck Dynasty is a freaking awesome show. There are so few shows that adults can enjoy with small children in the room. This is one of them. These guys are 100% real. This show is the only show that I've ever seen that shows Christian values well. Duck Dynasty has been my favorite show for quite a while.

• Happy happy happy

Happy is right! This show is great for people who can now sit down with their family and watch a show that their children can watch. Most shows you cant even watch with your kids because there to adult like. Its a great show for teens because it can teach them about manners and respect. And GOD!!!

• Great show. Probably my favorite one to date.

I for one don't understand all of the "facts" people come up with just to hate this show. I for one, being Christian, southern baptist to be correct, find this show a lot better than shows like honey boo boo or any of the other live shows out there. "But they glorify killing animals!" Well, where do you think the ground beef bought from the store comes from, or the chicken nuggets from that fast food resturaunt? Those as well come from animals. They are killing animals for that same reason: FOR FOOD. If you want to argue how the show is "the worst show ever" at least make valid points or you're not worth my time.

• Duck dynasty rocks!

Duck dynasty is like the best show there is. Whoever doesn't like it is stupid, its the best because they're a great family and there's nothing to hate about them, they're just the most perfect family there is! They have a very wonderful FUNNY happy family! :) that's the end. Nothing to dislike about the Robertson's!

• Awesome, funny, wholesome

This show is my favorite show ever!!! If funny and cute, it's not trashy like some others shows. This show shows us that even though you were in a bad situation, you can always turn the situation around for the better of it:) love this show sooo much !!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

• Worth the watch unless you have big issues with God, guns, and folk humor

Yes, it's a little dumb at times but that's how I actually started watching it. I was flipping channels one time looking for something that wasn't dumb. I couldn't find one , even on educational TV, and A&E just happened to be the last one I looked at. At least it was refreshingly different; it was the only time that I had ever watched a reality show for more than five minutes. I found the folk humor to be amusing and the content to be clean enough to watch with children. This, in and of itself, has become a rarity. It's a very popular show but it's a program that you either like or absolutely hate. I guess that's why they make remotes!

• In an attempt to impart understanding...

In an attempt to impart understanding to the NO people: it's all about the non-dysfunctional relationship dynamics. The members interact based on an unscripted history that has somehow avoided fragmenting dysfunction that is all too common. When Phil attempts to teach his elementary school granddaughters how to fish, viewers observe a grandfather's desire and struggle to impart influence on a generation bombarded by a divergent culture. The girls learned to catch and gut fish with some natural resistance, and Phil comments on his experience. But instead of a tepid family documentary, we see it delivered through a backwoods culture that attempts to amuse. Filtering reality through a thoughtful comedic lens is exactly what the Daily Show and the Colbert Report does, but the topic is centered on familial dynamics instead of latest headlines.

In an attempt to impart understanding to the NO people: it's all about the non-dysfunctional relationship dynamics. The members interact based on an unscripted history that has somehow avoided fragmenting dysfunction that is all too common these days. When Phil attempted to teach his elementary school granddaughters how to fish, viewers observed a grandfather's desire and struggle to impart influence on a generation bombarded by a divergent culture. By the show's end, the girls learn to catch and gut fish with some natural resistance, and Phil comments on his experience with his granddaughters. But instead of a tepid family documentary, viewers see it delivered through a backwoods culture that attempts to amuse. Filtering reality through a thoughtful comedic lens is exactly what the Daily Show and the Colbert Report does, but the topic is centered on familial dynamics instead of latest headlines.

• It's about the Relationship Dynamics

In an attempt to impart understanding to the NO people: it's all about the non-dysfunctional relationship dynamics. The members interact based on an unscripted history that has somehow avoided fragmenting dysfunction that is all too common these days. When Phil attempted to teach his elementary school granddaughters how to duck hunt, viewers observed a grandfather's desire and struggle to impart influence on a generation bombarded by a divergent culture. The girls learned to catch and gut fish with some natural resistance, and Phil commented on his experience. But instead of a tepid family documentary, we see it delivered through a backwoods culture that attempts to amuse. Filtering reality through a thoughtful comedic lens is exactly what the Daily Show and the Colbert Report does, but the topic is centered on familial dynamics instead of latest headlines.

• Finally a Show that talks about learning to live with other's defects (and if you ever watched it you would realize it)

The family prayer at the end with Willie's speech reflecting on what was shown during the show and how it can apply to life is a very smart way of showing people that we do not have to be selfish, we do not have to be self-absorbed, it does not all have to be about "me". I love the reflections as they show a simpler, more honest life with values that can be applied in anyone's life. You just have to choose to apply these values.

• Do You Believe?

I think it represents the culture and minds of the general public. Very soon we will all be in a mental institution, saying yes,yes,yes. What a stupid question to begin with. What about jobs?. What about the TPP?. What about universal health care? What about REAL people? The Media sucks!!

• Its family friendly

Never watched the show until the news went nuts over the statement made by Phil Robertson in a GQ article. We decided to watch, and all of us laughed at the antics of the Robertson family. Yes we know that its scripted, but the family appears to be pretty down to earth and able to laugh at themselves, and at the end of each show they come together as a family and always give thanks to God for the blessing they have. I find it to be refreshing, as far as some of the foolish antics, people can comment all they want, the antics and stupidity is what makes the show funny and yet not mean spirited. We all need to laugh at he family in good spirit and learn to laugh at ourselves, life would be happy, happy, happy.

• Good Family Show

There aren't to many family reality shows on tv, that shows that don't promote arguments, sex, promiscuity, drugs, drinking or just plain old common sense family values. You don't have to be Bible thumping Christian to see that the world we live is becoming a ( What ever makes me feel good and the Hec with what anyone thinks of me or if is just morally right and done with brotherly love towards all people). This country was founded on the principals of GOD.... If we would just honor half of that, our country would be better for it. I think that is what this show is trying to project.

• Family values and good humor

Yes it is a wholesome good TV show. Family togetherness and praying together! No nudity and no sex. GOOD MORAL AND VALUE. It is humorous and teaches good values. For the first time, there is a decent reality TV show teaching positive family values instead of partying, violence or indecency, and people attack it just because they pray.

• Cheesy but funny

The show is just a relatable backwoods family making a living sharing their endeavors.It's the only PG show I can let my children watch that does not involve the promotion of drugs, alcohol and sex. I suppose the nay Sayers on here can change the channel it's a free country. However it is the number 1 show on television. A quick google search can explain why. People relax its a show!

• Moral compass for reality TV

Like any show or tv series the name of the game is brand recognition and getting your audience emotionally involved. To the Nay Sayers of this sight I challenge you to watch more than a couple minutes or a brief stop over while channel surfing to have a better idea of each persons personality and see how identifiable they are as a family. It's stark contrast to most reality shows today that promotes sex and drugs and has decensitized people's morals. This is a family that likes their guns, loves the Lord and believes family always comes first. They might be backwoods but they are the ideal "American dream" family becase they pulled themselves from nothing to prosperous and the number 1 show on television. Which means the masses have spoken they like DD. My wife and I love this show and hope it is here to stay. My question to the disenfranchised complainers how many of you are atheist liberals complaining cause thats all you know to do. Additionally, whats your idea of a good reality show these days?

• America needs good moral values!

In the past decades the moral values of our country have greatly declined. The work ethic has become relative to personal convenience. Our television shows portray se-x-ual perversion LGBT lifestyles and something fun and normal. It's about time producers start putting out there shows that have moral values and something to watch as a family and not having to switch channels due to indecent images or behaviors.

• Allows you to escape from thought!

At the end of a long day, I don't want to come home to some complex plot that requires serious thought. I want to go home, lay on my couch, and stop thinking. I want to just be absorbed in the stupidity and humor that is Duck Dynasty. Yes, the show probably doesn't portray politically correct Christian values all the time, but who actually does? And if they pray at the end of every episode, they are already praying more than half the Christians I know. Yes, they may act stupid, but they are just having fun. Don't tell me you never made fun of your old, crazy relative. They are all college-educated individuals, who happen to live in rural Louisiana. They are not the only ones who act like this. What it comes down to is this: They are living their lives the way they choose, just as you are. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

• It is a dumb show that confirms that Americans will watch anything.

Most Americans are just plain uneducated morons that love trashy stupid shows like this because they don't have to think too much.

I mean in one show, they are picking up berries that fell on ground, and one guy doesn't know the difference between a berry and a possum turd and eats one; and, the rest of the hicks make fun of him. I was channel surfing and saw this nonsense; I will never watch it again.

How can that be entertainment? It can be for educated folks; but the uneducated trash that watches shows like this, are amused. That is why the uneducated masses will never amount to anything; they are just the stupid dregs of our society.

• This show is Stupid

I do not get why people are so excited about this show. I couldn't even make it through one episode. Makes Christians and gun owners look like idiots. These types of shows clearly demonstrate the lack of intelligence of their viewers. Not having had TV in close to a decade, I did not realize how dumbed down our culture has gotten.

• Adult version of Honey Boo Boo

Just as stupid as Honey Boo Boo. Only interested in fame and fortune. Who would want to kiss these guys? Do they really eat all the animals they kill? If not, they shouldn't be killing them. If this is what America likes we are in trouble. Oh wait, I already knew that. Watch something decent people.

• Too Much Stupidity

Personally I can't stand the stupidity on the show and only watched 2 episodes early on before I decided that it was something I didn't find interesting or entertaining. However, the show is obviously popular with many people and their duck calls sales have improved because of it. I've been a duck hunter for over 50 years, I don't use their products and besides being over-priced I wouldn't buy any of them based on my opinion of their stupid show.

• A Testament Why The Rest Of The World Laughs At Americans

I'm stunned that Americans aren't even embarrassed by how stupid this show makes them look. It isn't enough that American school children score FAR below the rest of the world in mathematics, the sciences, and even history -- they have a program such as this to glory in their ignorance. I suppose that it distracts them while their net worth turns to ashes, their healthcare system is for those with insurance, their justice system is for the wealthy, their decent jobs are shipped overseas or given to immigrants who -- shockingly -- studied in school, and their economy is being hijacked by the Chinese.

Think I'm exaggerating? Ask one hundred Americans what the Second Amendment to the Constitution covers, and most will answer, in some garbled form or other, '....The right to arm bears', or something.

But ask one hundred Americans what five rights the FIRST Amendment insures, and watch them stumble and sweat. (For those of you Duck Dynasty fans or those with typical American education, they are; freedom of speech, of the press, of assembly, of religion, and redress of grievance against the government. Please try to remember them.)

How much intelligence does it take to kill a fowl with a brain the size of a bean?

• I am a Christian and they are not portraying Christian values.

Si - lies, cheats, and steals. Jase is self-absorbed and selfish. Wiilie is greedy. Phil schemes to get what he wants. Simply praying at the end of every show does not make one a Christian or does not portray Christian values. They are doing more harm than good for all true Christians.

• Designed By And For Room Temperature I.Q.s

An ideal show for those whose retirement plans involve scratch-off lottery tickets. Reassuring for those mouth-breathers that long to give the world 'the finger'.

Maybe they'll do it the same way that this group of inbred 'Deliverance' stand-ins did; send one of their marginally brighter larva to college to learn marketing, and sell Idiot America on what is essentially a licensed character instead of a product. But the odds of that are about the same as hitting the Powerball drawing; smaller, far smaller than being elected President, (although George W. Bush makes the Duck knuckle-draggers look like Rhodes Scholars).

I suppose my basic problem might be rooted in the loss of revenue of the lottery, as the audience spends their hard-earned dollars on Duck Dynasty crap. While I'm the first to agree that a large pat of Lottery revenue is going for worthless projects (and lining some political pockets), at least some trickles through for worthwhile projects.

And I can't blame either A&E or the Quacks -- as long as the left side of the curve is willing to give them their food and rent money, who am I to disagree? It's The American Dream!

• Not stupid enough to watch

As the show has gotten more popular I have tried to view it a few times but its so dumb and scripted I can`t get through 5 minutes of it . As they say you can not fix sttupid and there is no way known to man to fix this stupid show .

• It's really dumb

Duck dynasty is pathetic and fake. It not funny and I can't believe that people like watching it. In this one episode I saw they were picketing in front of their own company! Can you say fake? I do not wish any one to waste their time watching this garbage!

• Not teaching good family values like some ppl are saying!

Some ppl like this crap and say its a good wholesome family show that teaches family values. Greed is not a good quality and certainly not good wholesome family values and morals. I agree that it is one of the few shows that my children could watch if they chose to because there isn't a bunch of sex and cursing in it, but it is boring, scripted, and stupid!

• Not even funny

My husband and I watched DD a cpl x's when it first came on. It just got stupider and stupider. I don't understand why this show is so popular. They are all very greedy and ugly ppl. They needed more money per episode. Like they don't have enough money already. Greed is a nasty thing. I will NEVER watch this show again!

• Loving them less

I was hooked on watching Duck Dynasty because it made me laugh and because it portrayed a close family and faith in God. Then I saw Phil and Si blow up a beaver dam. I began having doubts about the "goodness" of these people, but kept watching the show. Little by little I began seeing what I think is a mindless meanness taking place in some of what these people say and do. It bothers me especially that these people ENJOY going out into the woods and killing practically anything that moves. There's no appreciation or respect for life unless it's human life. God created all creatures, not just human ones. There's nothing good, manly, noble or even Christian in the activity of killing for the pleasure of doing so. I was watching Duck Dynasty because I desperately wanted to find people who would strengthen families with love and kindness and who would help bring us all as a society closer to God and the teachings of Jesus. I now suspect that this show, if you think about it carefully, asks us all to see violence as acceptable. And to see the love of money as acceptable. I'm so disappointed and it hurts.

• Stupid TV for stupid people

This is junk TV. No substance. It's also cheap and takes no effort to make. These people have no talent and as such should not be famous or lauded by the public. If Todd Browning did TV this would be it. Quit watching this garbage and get into some Breaking Bad or any of the other truly great shows on TV right now.

• Making Celebrities Out of Bumpkins

As sad as it is, celebrity carries with it a weight of "respect" that it sometimes shouldn't. We're not laughing with these people, but laughing at them. Another good example would be American Choppers. Do you know how much fast forwarding I had to do just to watch a bike being built? Slowly but surely that show descended into madness and destruction. It gave a microphone to the idiots of the world. This show is doing the same thing.

Also, let us not forget that it is just bad writing. The show is 99% scripted. Anyone who tells you otherwise has been hitting the bong pretty hard.

• Setting the human race back hundreds of years

I can't believe in this day and age that we are actually seeing a tv show that glorifies killing. By all means, let us show the impressionable minds out there how to be so uncaring and unfeeling that we can pick up a gun and shoot an overabundance of animals and laugh about how they die. That is a surefire recipe for serial killers in the making right there. With all the real violence going on out there, has America really become so callous to get ratings that they will promote the senseless murder of animals just to make a buck? This crosses a dangerous line. I thought as the years went on, we were supposed to become a more civilized people. If animals are considered the lower species of life and deserve to die just for behaving like "animals", then what's the difference if people choose to behave the same way? Imagine a show that hunts and shoots the uneducated or mentally ill people of the world and laughs about it. A certain Nazi dictator comes to mind. If we allow shows like this to shape and define this generation, then we shouldn't be complaining when the next group of people are shot at a mall or a school or airport. This show maybe just about a bunch of hillbillies, but in the end the message it is sending is far more serious than you think.

• Fake and Contrived

Not only is it painfully contrived but it and the redneck culture it glorifies is why we are a nation of idiots and it will only get worse. Redneck culture is prided on blind faith, trashy nicknames, blowing stuff up and just being plain old stupid. And not to mention greedy.

• I'm Too Intelligent For This Show

I'm too intelligent for this show and proud of it. By no means am a conceited person or even full of myself but this is where I draw the line. I just don't understand why this show is so popular. It's actually frightening. I tried watching Duck Dynasty three times and I swear I felt my brain cells dying. This show is no good for society. They shoot pumpkins in front of children for goodness sake! Is this our future?

• Stupid is as stupid does

This show glorifies everything that is wrong with America. Redneck yokels who basically throw their money down the toilet on stupid trivial things sadly is what passes for "entertainment" these days which really speaks volumes about the state our society. As atrocious as this show is thankfully I still have the freedom to choose not to watch this drivel. But there is nothing entertaining or educational about this program and that is just sad.

• Not really funny.

Unless you like Larry the Cable guy, then yes, very funny. Of course it is scripted, but it's not even well scripted. The setups are so obvious an 8 year old could write this stuff. Again, if this is what you are into, fine. And you can watch this "reality" show with your kids, but when grown adults claim this a funny show I weep for the future of television.

• This show is more than a waste of time

Seriously... I don't see the point.. If people want to waste their time watching this show that's fine by me. Keep these idiots only on TV and only on TV. It sickens me when I'm shopping and run into displays of duck dynasty merchandise. Someone is getting rich off these ignorant viewers and now all this merchandise crap will be mass produced and sooner or later will end up in landfills when the show loses steam. I even seen a duck dynasty board game. No point in the show so how the hell can you have a board game. There's plenty of greed circling the existence of duck dynasty. Add more stupidity into Americans and more garbage on our planet.

• Cut me a Break!

What a waste of valuable television time. I can think of 27 things that would be more worthy of this kind of prime-time exposure than these nitwits. This is Honey Boo-Boo with beards and smelly pits. I watched five minutes of this show once and never came back to it. It sucks.

• Enough with the redneck fad!

Just another show glorifying redneck stupidity. I heard these guys are actualy smart business men but we'll never know because the show concentrates on stupidity. This whole redneck fad needs to end. It's getting really old. Can't they have a reality show wirh people that can count past potatoe? Seriously.

• Proof That There Is No God!

I have spent many a times watching television, and saying to myself 'it cant get much worse than this'. I was wrong. Just when I thought that 'reality' tv couldn't get any worse, I was wrong. Just when I thought that tv in general couldn't possibly be more intellectually devoid, I was wrong! Doesn't it strike anybody else as mildly ironic that a show about a bunch of inbred hicks, who preach Christianity, is probably the best argument to come along in some time, that there isn't a God in the 1st place? Now this is just me, but if there was God in the sky, he would smote them to avoid further bad representation! Everything about this show is proof that the average IQ of the American public is dropping significantly. Anybody who watches crap like this, turn it off. Read a book, and I mean a real book, on a non-fiction subject, WITHOUT PICTURES! I may be an atheist, but if you believe that there is a God, and he created you, don't you think he wants you to USE the brain he gave you!? Apparently, some people feel differently. And this show is picture proof why we, as a species, are screwed!

• Bad show. Will never watch again!

This show isn't funny at all, most of the people I know can't get enough of it. I tried to see if there was anything appealing to this show, but I wasn't able to bring myself to enjoy it. The average viewer of this show must have an IQ of 50 because the humor in this show is to entertain morons.

• This is why televison sucks

I don't wacth history channel for reality tv!!! I want educational programming not this crap, same thing is happing to all the cool learning channels national geographic seems to be exclusively reality tv now and they don't show anything informational any more. The science channel has a bunch of stupid reality shows too. GO AWAY REALITY SHOWS YOU DONT SHOW REALITY YOU COVER IT UP!

• Dumb dumb and dumb

Just is a stupid show. Like most reality tv. Really those people are not actors they are nuts, and not in a good way. You wonder why society is the way it is with shows like this becoming popular. Please please take it off the air. It will make a lot of people happy.

• Boring mindless drivel

This show is so slow and boring. I can't believe so many people watch it. It is like sitting around and listening to people talk about absolutely nothing of importance. And that same nothing is repeated three times per episode. There is nothing stimulating or thought provoking about this show. Yes, it is clean, and that may be refreshing. But it is also very pointless and a huge waste of time.

• Boring and scripted

It's obvious that the situations on this show are staged. Seriously. What family would purposefully portray southerners as dumb rednecks if not just for tv. This is a smart family who earned a lot of money making these duck calls. They knew that they could make more money acting like idiots so thy went for it.

• I can't stand it

Dumbest show ever, but I guess it takes all kinds. The show isn't so much offensive as it is boring for me...Just can't get into it. I personally won't be watching it, it just isn't my cup of tea. Besides, I thought I read somewhere online that it was ending?

• The most mundane stuff I've ever seen.

I can't believe this is being produced. My first experience with it was so mind-numbingly boring that I honestly don't remember the storyline, if there even was one. The second time I was exposed to this drivel was when I was cooking and had lost control of the remote. It was during some episode when someone and someone's wife were shopping for a stove. Really? 20 minutes on the minutiae of buying a bloody stove? How, by anyone's definition of the word is this considered entertainment? It saddens me to think that so many people find this entertaining. It's only redeeming value is it doesn't star a bunch of moronic women complaining at each other and comparing labels. This society is going to Hell in a hand basket if this is the sort of programming that gets renewed.

• Total crap and just Awful!

This show is just flat out horrendously stupid and I cant even stand 2 seconds of this show it makes me sick and how can people watch this pile of crap its just awful! It is the hillbilly version of Jersey Shore in my opinion. This show obviously shows that people have a hard time telling what is a good show and what is total crap

• It's a STUPID Show!

I live right in the middle of what you'd call "redneck America." I will admit to being full-blown redneck myself, but I think this is the DUMBEST show I've ever had the misfortune of stumbling upon in my entire life. I was channel surfing one night and came up on the channel where this show was on. The Billy Gibbons/Dusty Hill lookalike was blathering on about something or another in a language I couldn't even understand, even though I tend to live in redneck country myself. I'd like to say it was English, but then I might have been able to understand it.

To enjoy this show, one would need an education in all the dead languages of the world. No, on second thought, one would need as little education as possible to enjoy this show. It is the "Jersey Shore" of redneck TV. At least they had the good sense to cancel "Jersey Shore."

I rue the day "good" TV shows went away so crap like this could rob us all of our brain cells. The fact that they sometimes show reruns of this on The LEARNING Channel really says a lot. What can you learn from this and Honey Boo Boo other than how to be an inbred moron whose famous last words will be, "haaaay y'all! Hold mah beer and wartch this"?

• Glorifies Deliberate Ignorance

Many of its followers should find it reassuring. It confirms that such things as education, hard work, and personal hygiene aren't as important as God, guns, and an accent that the rest of the world identifies as 'inbred hick' are to amassing a fortune. Why bother repeating the eighth grade (again)? Them air Duck boys didn't, and they're farting through silk! (That is, if they actually wear underwear....)

• Same old thing over and over, if they were so religious they wouldn't worry about the money so much, everything they do is for money.

Same old thing over and over, if they were really religious they wouldn't worry so much about money, I have friends with beards like theirs and they are lazy and nasty, Their beards are just a gimmick for attention. I saw earlier picture of Willie and he have bleach blonde hair, what does that say?

• Just no point in it

I don't understand rich people (you know what I mean by people) who do nothing but shoot things and do dumb pointless things become so successfully and famous. I did give the show a try a couple of episodes, I just thought the first one I saw was just a bad one, because a lot of my friends say its great, so I watched another one and it was equally bad so this is why I would not recommend this to anybody based on my personal preferences.

• I'm too smart to stand it.

A bunch of god loving hillbillies, not really a good wholesome sitcom. Any reality show is as scripted and set as a sitcom, otherwise the lighting would be bad, and no amount of editing could save it. The show itself seems way too dull and fake to stand, and the family is very bigoted. Not exactly quality tv...Their idiocy and ignorance makes my cranium ache.

• I've tried to like this show

My co-workers watch this show and find it entertaining. They'll come to work and talk about Si - treating him like he's their idol. I've tried to watch this show a couple of times and I think it's absolutely vacuous. Watching it numbs my mind - IT IS THAT BAD!

• I've tried to like this show

• They kill animals and then laugh about it!

This is the worst show on TV. These people go out and kill animals, and they have fun with it. Before anyone says something like "Well, they eat all the animals they kill," or, "The meat you buy from the grocery store comes from an animal, too," first of all, I am vegetarian. Second of all, they do not eat everything they kill. I read about an episode where they blew up a beaver dam(and then laughed). They cannot eat beavers they've blown up. I also read that someone shot a snake to pieces(making him or her inedible), in order to intimidate someone. Third of all, if they absolutely had to hunt animals to survive, they should have a lot more respect for them, as some of the Native Americans did. I am Christian, but my values are not anywhere near the Robertsons'. I think they do believe in God but they use him as an excuse to justify what they do. It's good that they say grace(so does my family) but that does not automatically make you a good person. It makes me sick to think that so many people enjoy watching this show.

• Its too scripted

This show is more scripted than any movie out. It has poor humor one of the main characters (Si) is unbelievable in how ignorant with life. You should have an Islamic family tv show take its place and show their morals. Also who buy that many duck calls to make them so damn rich.

• Just Silly Waste of Resources

SI has a degree but acts imbecilic!
    The rest of the clan are misfits that make a mockery of what most of us have to take seriously every day. From lavish homes of the kids to the back woods location of the matriarch/patriarch?
    Kay Robertson acts like she's as ditsy as they come and it, appears to me, that the other wives are just filling squares.
    Wholesome living? Again they make it all seem like a joke.
    It may be more about the fact that I just got tired of watching people act stupid!

• Uninteresting, stupid show about bearded duck hunters who want to cram their lives in peoples faces.

Their show is just dumb, I tried to watch it once and that was enough. First of all I don't see the appeal in the awful beards on their face, it is gross, If you want a show that is funny and has that wholesome appeal watch Call of the Wildman on Animal Planet. It is funny and Ernie, Turtleman, Brown and his friends are so great. They save critters when they are trapped or need rescued because they are causing trouble to people in their homes or business. He rescues them and sends them to sanctuaries or relocates them. He is a kind, and respectful person who loves life and animals and has high morals but doesn't shove it down your throat. You can find all the Kentucky backwoods humor there, but in a more tasteful way.

• Garbage attempt at entertainment

This is obviously staged to anyone with an IQ above 75. Showcases Americans as ignorant trash, and makes it seem as if this is a lifestyle we all should strive for. What happened to people expecting quality entertainment? Have we really fallen this far behind the rest of the industrialized world

• Really bad show

This show is totally in keeping with the rest of the drivel that 'discovery' is spewing out at an alarming rate these days (think finding bigfoot, weed country, the one about prepping and all the ones about ufo's ) .
    I'm starting to wonder why I'm paying for this tripe as the basic premise of all the shows is the same, ie take a bunch of idiots and film them doing things, it's just an endless tirade of low quality, common denominator programming that has become tedious, uninformative and annoying in equal measures.

• Horrifically fake show for NASCAR loving bible thumpers and those of below average intelligence.

The show is clearly fake. In addition, the plot lines are extremely simple and watered down. Worst of all, the show is about the daily life of hicks. Except, its not really their daily lives....It is a scripted and fake drama that pretends to be their daily lives.

NASCAR fans, eat your heart out.

• It's Completely Idiotic

This show is filled with nothing but redneck hillbilly evangelism. Not to mention, the cast of this series is completely uncivilized. This may be a matter of opinion rather than a matter of fact, but this show makes me want to vomit based on the vast amount of stupidity.

Also, this show seems to support killing more than it teaches "family values," like fans argue about constantly.

• A Bunch of Hicks Ruining America

This is pretty much just killing America, metaphorically speaking of course. This show is a disgrace to television, it is just about a bunch of backwoods hicks. It offers no entertainment value other than perhaps feeling better about yourself. This show is just as terrible as the horrible laugh track boring sitcoms on the network stations.

• Only morons watch this show

Absolute nonsense for morons. Anybody with half a brain wouldn't be able to stand even one episode. This show gives hunters a REAL bad name as if we are all dumb as stumps. I can't figure out why people love this so much. As an outdoorsman myself I'm ashamed something like this is on TV.

• Absolutely ridiculous stupidity

I have never even seen the show. I never would watch this show. I am amazed and disgusted that this show is so popular. Any of you on the other side saying that this show teaches family values is so sadly mistaken. I am posting in hopes of helping get this stupid show taken from television. The fact that anyone actually sits down and watches this is embarrassing.

• Not Good AT ALL

THE SHOW IS THE MOST BORING THING IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!! I CAN BARELY STAND WATCHING THE FIRST 2 MINUTES OF IT!!! Can the show be taken off the air because it is the worst experience I have ever put myself through. Don't watch the show if you haven't seen it before!

• I Actually Lost Brain Cells Watching This Garbage

I tried watching 5 minutes of the show on a few different occasions. It was so uninteresting and quite frankly , boring. What is interesting about a "self-proclaimed" Christian family running around in camouflage shooting things with poor hygiene/grooming? (Requires very few brain cells to engage: 1 episode is equivalent to drinking a case of beer). I would rather watch paint dry on a wall instead of some "Mid West" Taliban.

• Right Wing Christian Rednecks

Like a LOT of popular "southern charm" American TV we get lots of prayer, low brow humor, idiotic simplistic politics all packaged as "The Real America". It's no wonder that A&E carry this show, their past association with similar religious right wing retards include "Dog the Bounty Hunter" who was axed for his racist rant, much in the same vein as papa from this show.

If you use the "N" word regularly, think Sarah Palin is a great person and believe anyone that is not an Evangelical Christian and hence Un-Amaerican then this show is for you.

• No, definitely not.

It's scripted and staged for one thing, and not well I might add. Pictures have surfaced of the cast before they got the show; they looked very preppy, put together, and they certainly didn't have the long exaggerated beards. People talk about how this family displays great family values, but if there shows is fake, how do we know their values and togetherness isn't fake? Which raises the question; How can a man preach about black people and gays when he is willing to partake in a fake "reality" show? Not exactly the portrait of honesty.

I would also like add that it's over-hyped and overexposed.

• Homophobic Religious Rednecks

This show is absolutely terrible. In an interview, one of the cast members stated publicly he was against gay people, and caused a lot of hatred. Aside from that, the show is boring. It's basically a recap of every single reality show that we've seen over the past few years.

• What's not to love?

What is there not to love about a family of idiots whose beloved patriarch is a homophobic and racist fool? I accidentally watched an episode and was left dumbstruck how anyone could enjoy this drivel, partially because I couldn't see how anyone could even understand what they had said. I have no problem with them being who they are, I just have a problem that it's worshiped and toted as good tv.

• Shoves religion and outdated values down your throat

First off, I have never watched it. But from what I understand, they are typical backwoods bigoted brainwashed conservatives that shoves religion down your throat. In the evolving world we are in, people should not base their judgment on religion anymore. Plus they has proven ( through phil's own words) to be a homophobic and sexist family. They are the stereotypical hillbilly family. And if I were you, I'd never expose myself or a child to such absolute narrow minded values.

• Watch it if you want

This show's pretty bad. It doesn't make sense that it became so popular - talk about luck of the draw! Viewers are watching reality shows more now that ever and it's no surprise - we're a bored population. I have better things to do than watch a redneck family be rednecks. To each his own though...

• Dumb and Dumber all over again

Sorry, but I cannot stomach this show. It isn't "wholesome". It isn't my idea of family values. It lacks intelligence and substance. I tried watching it a couple times to see what the hype was all about, but after 10 minutes each time I had to turn it off. I could FEEL my IQ points seeping away to sludge.

• Dumb and dumber family version

I tried watching this. 10 minutes in I had to turn it off because I FELT my IQ start dropping points. Is this what America really wants for itself? Truly we have advanced somewhat over the past decades. And personally, laughing at people who are sincerely ignorant and love being that way makes me want to gag.

• Scripted and silly.

My 10 year old loves it. When he's not watching cartoons, he watches this and so do his buddies. I think that explains the age group that this attracts. It is in no way a depiction of how rural southern families really live. It is a staged, silly, scripted joke.

• It's just plain stupid.

Dumb and annoying (not in a funny way) and overrated, and they are just sellouts also.
    The whole show is obviously scripted, it's just so ridiculous, plus they just want money! It's obvious! No real hillbilly would want to put their faces on everything and think they are tough sh*t. Seriously guys, worst show ever!

• Waste of time

This show does not bring any value. It is full of unintelligent bumpkins getting paid to do dumb stuff. I hope the family pulls out and saves us all some time from hearing about it. People need better options on TV and this show just isn't one. Don' go away mad....Just go away.

• Scripted reality garbage

This type of show is being spoon fed to a generation of tv addicts who really will watch any old crap. It's not even mildly amusing and has virtually zero entertainment value. It's a shame that these shows are so popular when so many really good dramas and films go completely unnoticed. I guess the majority of tv viewers are very easily pleased.

• Seems Like a Dumb Show

As a high school graduate and college student I cannot find enough words to explain how the immediate advertisement portrays the negative side of American culture. It may be just a conservative show for hunters, toddlers or people just looking for a dumb laugh. If hunting and conservative morals are entertainment then American culture and intelligence has truly plummeted.

• The Show is stupid and show rednecks in the worst portrayal

I know many people who are self proclaimed rednecks. Many of these people are not religious and don't base their opinions on the bible. Not that these people really do, I'm not sure these men can even read. It is showing people that and uneducated, dirty life is wonderful and people often make a lot of money through it. Isolated incident where stupidity gets you something in life

• Another Moronic Show

Just another show that shows just how ignorant the people in this country have become. The idiots in this show, Phil et. Al., look like a bunch of rejects from a Class B biker movie but that's what happens when you have more money than brains. More useless programming like Swamp People, Ax Men, Real Housewives of (pick a city), Buckwild, Tosh.O and 90 percent of the what is on Comedy Central. Talk about the dumbing down of America. A&E should have just cancelled the show.

• Brain dead drivel

Frightens me the appeal this and other "reality" shows commands, what a friggin' waste of time and energy. If there was some humor, or true "reality" to any of them, they might be good character studies, but frightens me more the recent audience support for the star's statements. Can understand coming from the backwoods morons who like the show, they're ignorant, but from this multimillionaire faker who had the power to influence the world in a helpful manner gets kudos from the masses. Makes me realize what a true division there is in the country between compassionate forward thinking people and the masses of tv addicted, ill informed, bigoted misanthropes trying to bring us down with them.

• It's a show of yuppies that pretend to be rednecks

Shows like this are a disgrace to our country and make humans look more stupid from a global view point. I don't think the show should have been on even before the controversy how ever with that said I do find it ironic that a star of a reality show was fired for being himself in an interview. Just goes to show how authentic realty TV really is.

• Worst show ever

Load of scripted rubbish about hillbillys who are ignorant but lucky and made money?
    More worrying is how popular this show is which does not say much about the audience?
    Why would we be punished with these Cristmas marathons???
    I feel as though we are paying a huge price for this controversy.

• Despicable people who use religion to spew their hate....

Duck dynasty is a ridiculous show for low-life, uneducated, hypocritical trashy people who use the bible to spew their venom and hate.... True religious people do not act this way.... They do not belong in any public TV channel!!!! Stop promoting disgusting and ignorant hilbillies; they are detrimental to our society

• For stupid uneducated morons

Of course it is .. For idiots only and for those who have no line no class and no life. If you watch this show and buy these idiots products that is mean you are one of them and you should be so proud of yourself for being moron. Enjoy

• Duck Dynasty: Hooked on What? The intelligent dialogue or realistic plots?

The only thing remotely fascinating about Duck Dynasty, is how in the hell this duck call company ever makes a profit, when no one appears to actually work. This is scripted "reality TV" with bad actors and even worse writers. With so many red-neck reality shows, stupid must be cool.

• Worst show to ever hit TV

This show is GARBAGE. I have never thought so hard in my life trying to figure out why this show steadily gets 12 million viewers per episode. I watched 2 hours of this trash and failed to laugh even once, nor was i in the slightest bit entertained. To be honest, i would find a candy wrapper more entertaining than this POS show. I cannot believe the complete and utter stupidity. It goes to show that americans are brainless morons (yes im white as can be and lived in the US my whole life) that will only watch trash like this that requires no thinking. There isn't really anything of value to learn from this show. Its so fake, all the scenes are scripted (theres proof of that if you type in duck dynasty fake on google) and the pubic hair bearded freaks aren't real christians. Do you really think these morons give a flying $hit about their viewers? They are probably laughing so hard while filming, thinking about all the morons that watch this garbage that fill their pockets with millions of dollars each month, thats likely why they cut scenes quickly. Who in their right mind wants to watch a tv show about a bunch of backwoods redneck hillbillies with extremely long disgusting pubic hair beards? Just looking at these clowns makes me want to vomit. I remember a society just a year or two ago before this trash show where everyone who saw an old man with a beard would think its disgusting and that the guy is a pedophile. I will never understand how anyone could be entertained by or like this absolute trash show. How could anyone find shooting beavers then laughing about it entertaining or funny? The more i hear about this show and the more i see all these brain-dead morons support it, the more i realize that I'm surrounded by millions of absolute morons with low IQ's. NO ONE with a high intelligence level such as myself would EVER find trash like this entertaining. The tons of merchandise at walmart and other stores makes me laugh, this garbage has gone way too far, and for what? All this hype over a bunch of ugly, disgusting, pubic hair bearded hillbillies? Jesus h christ.

• Bigoted Bible Believers Reality Show

This show is the Jersey Shore for rednecks. It's a uneducated mind numbing show. People may claim Freedom of speech, but some don't realize that speech can hurt business. This is another reality show that makes Americans look bad. The show contains 3% hunting and 2% duck calls and 95% of stupid boring stuff no one cares about.

• It's a stupid waste of time.

This sort of thing is right in tune with the dumb ing down of the american citizens. The powers at be are busy at work to humiliate and embarrass Americans to the rest of the world. This is a good way to do that. There is big work to be done in this country and world to begin going down the right path of love and compassion and healing this planet in all ways. This sort of thing is not helping and is a disgrace to good human kind.

• Awful Show - Awful

The guys aren't too bright. It's just pretty dumb in general. Watching this show doesn't provide information, improve your life - you really can't even argue that it isn't a complete waste of time. This is one of the shining examples of how awful reality tv is ....I would rate duck dynasty just below the various 'housewife' shows in terms of stupidity.

• Stupid is no way to go through life

I have to use 50 words to explain why I don't like this show? The people are stupid. They act stupid. They sound stupid. They are stupid. This show glorifies people who revel in rejecting anything that bears any resemblance to intelligence and education. I would boycott the advertisers for supporting such complete and utter trash but unfortunately Microsoft (apparently) advertises on DD and I refuse to buy a Mac so that leaves me in a jamb since I'm not going to run a Linux system (20 bucks says that 99% of DD fans have no clue what Linux is.......) It is a sad statement about our society that people actually watch this garbage. It shows you how smart the average American is - not very.

• Supports ignorance and false assumptions

I've been reading up on this show in light of its recent popularity spike. Seems the characters have been spreading disinformation about historical facts. One such comment was about the foundation of our government, its ideology and foundation. Claiming our founders established America on the concepts of Christianity. When in FACT, our founders were mostly atheist or agnostic and this nation was founded on freedom from unrestricted taxation and the idea that every men has inalienable rights that should be respected. Religious freedom was one such concept and brought a surge of religious immigrants into the country. Although generally Christian in concept, it was not Christianity as we understand it today. Also i remember one saying that China has more freedoms than America because his 'rights' were being infringed. Their behavior on the show is frankly an embarrassment; reminding the world how backwards our people are. Have some class A&E; move on and do us a favor.

• Propagando No Thanks

Duck Dynasty is a terrible example of a TV show. Its not surprising to hear the recent gay bashing by the star Phil Robertson. Every DD show ends with a jump up on the ol' bible thump soap box. Please please, go away with that kind of behavior. I can't believe people enjoy this kind of entertainment?!

• Stupid show about nothing

Just an overly dumb show about nothing in particular, I mean whoopee they make duck horns, and are a buck of inbred rednecks, plus they're anti gay, so that's an added bonus not to watch it. They have a $400 million dollar deal with Wal-Mart, have you seen the amount of useless junk they put out!

• This Show Isn't Worth Your Time, Why Would Anyone Want To Watch, Really???

I have absolutely nothing against the people in the show and I've even tried to give it a fair shake, my wife and I watched two episodes and then we just couldn't make it through the third, we both sorta looked at each other and started laughing, asking each other what the heck are we doing and that was the end of our Duck Dynasty day's. We found the show itself to be a complete waste of any productive time. If I were one of the people in the show I would be laughing all the way to the bank, just as we were at the show, how ironic. What I don't get is that these same people can be found in companies and communities all throughout America and this is where I don't understand the show, so back to my original question, why would anyone want to watch???

evchrny says2014-04-04T13:22:33.580
Makes Christians and gun owners look foolish and unintelligent. These types of shows clearly demonstrate the lack of intelligence of their viewers. In one show, they are picking up berries that fell on ground, one guy doesn't know the difference between a berry and a possum turd eats one; the rest of the hicks make fun of him. I'm guessing they probably think farts are funny to.