• Depends what you consider humane

If eating dog meat is inhumane, so is rearing cattle for the sole purpose of becoming chow. But humans are omnivores, and meat shouldn't be restricted. So cattle rearing is still our best option for feeding masses.

Considering someone inhumane for eating 'loyal' and 'cute' animals while one eats other animals, now THATS inhumane and egoistic.

• Any meat can be humane

Some people own pet pigs, goats, horses, etc. yet we can still eat this meat. While I personally disapprove of eating dog or cat meat, it's not inhumane in the act of eating it. As long as the method of slaughtering/acquiring the meat is humane, eating the meat will be humane.

• Dog meat is Good from what I heard.

My dad has eaten dog before and said it was good. If it is an animal it is food it may be your friend but if you need to eat you must eat it. If it was hungry you would its first meal if you were trapped with it. Eating any animal is humane. People eat cats, Horse, cow, giraffe, etc.. So it is ok to eat dog meat.

Posted by: MAD3
  • Depends on how the meat was created

All animals have the will to live. Cows are very intelligent creatures that are capable of loving others as much as a dog can. There was a story where a boy fell asleep next to their family cow and the cow protected the boy like its own. And yet, many people wouldn't mind eating steak and burgers despite a beautiful cow was sacrificed for it. I think that if the dog was butchered humanely, then dog meat is okay.

• Meat is meat

We are omnivores, we eat meats and vegetables. From my point what I see is that meat is meat, there’s no inhumane in eating any kind of meat. Thought it is hard to eat things we had made a bond with I still strongly think that it’s not inhumane to consume any type of meat including dogs.

• Tough one, but I'd say that it can be

Okay, this could take some explaining. As omnivores, technically, we can eat pretty much anything that can provide energy and nutrients. Of course, in the west, staple meats are chicken, beef, and pork, maybe with the occasional turkey, goose, other game, etc. We don't eat dog, because they're exceedingly useful to society, from guide dogs, guard dogs and pets. However, in eastern countries like China, their culture perceives them more as food. That, I have no problem with; to call someone horrible for eating one animal while eating another animal is stupid and hypocritical. My problem lies with HOW they are prepared (usually, it involves something along the lines of skinning and boiling while the animal is still alive. The sick bowl is over in the nearest kitchen, in case of weak stomachs.) which I find to be completely bloody awful. Despite this, I'm sure that there are humane ways of preparing dog meat.

• Humane depends on judgment and believe

If you can eat pork, chicken or fish, surely you can eat dog. All of you eat depend on your judgment and believe. It like the culture because when you stay in the country that eat dog daily so you maybe want to try it like when you're in Rome, you do as Roman do.

• Thats horrible how would you feel if you got eaten?

I think that if you eat a dog you must be insane because you should not eat a dog because the people that usually eat a dog torture them before they cook them (alive) in boiling water because it makes the meat tender they say. I think I would be less angry if they kill the dog quick right away and them cook them. When we kill cows and other aninals we make it quick and not painful. We should end dog eating.

• Should we eat man's best friend?

How would you feel if your friend came up to you and killed you and ate your insides I do not think the dog would feel to good do you think god likes killing man's best friend? They would be better living on the streets than living with you .

• No meat is humane

Dogs are no different than pigs, cows, cats etc. Eating any sentient animal is inhumane and the same goes for dogs. Also, if you own a dog would you like and support it if somebody shot, cooked, and eaten your dog? If the answer is no then why would you eat any other dog.