Is economic equality more important than economic equity?

Asked by: jo154676
  • Socialism is good! (democratic socialism, that is)

Equality is important. When you take money from the uber-rich via progressive tax rates and invest it in safety nets and social programs, you effectively invest in the middle and lower class, promoting the competition that makes capitalism work its finest. However, when you implement flat tax rates and minimize social programs to protect the wealth of the already wealthy, they can (and typically do) use their influence to influence government to perpetuate their own power and remove power from the 99%.

• Stealing is Wrong.

Here's a hypothetical situation. 2 actually.
    1. If I'm poor, should I be able to rob a bank just because it would help my situation out more than the people who have money in the bank?
    2. Suppose you were taking a class and worked very very hard, giving up weekends, parties, and earned a 95% average. But the class average is 70% because many of your classmates have been partying, missing class, and goofing off and are thus failing the class. Suppose then the professor announces one day that it's not fair that some are passing and others are failing and so out of "fairness" he just assigns everyone a 70%

Are either of those situations fair? No.

• Jus vape bro

Just vape casue thats what the people want no smoke no shit just vape pure good old juicy vapey vape mcvape vape vape

vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape vape

• Do the math

I would rather someone earn more than me as opposed me earning less, but he earns just as much. If we destroyed all the wealth in America and everyone was dead broke we would have absolute economic equality, but that does not mean it is better then there being wealth that is unequally owned.

• Socialism is bad

There is a whole lot of talk about minimum wage and giving minority people certain advantages in the economy, but where do we draw the line? There has to be some point where we say, you are the reason you are poor not the system and not white people. Giving everyone an equal chance is key but if people blow their chance that is their fault and they should be made to be responsible.