• No it is not ruining childhood.

I use to believe that education was ruining my childhood, but in reality it is the only time our brains are designed to absorb and gain knowledge, which helps us later in life. Yes it is tedious and boring, but eventually our brains are no longer able to absorb information and that is why it has to be done when we are children.

• It enhances childhood

Without education, we'd just have a lot more feral, ignorant people running around. Education trains children to function as socially responsible adults in the real world. It's indispensable. I understand the attitude that some people might think it's "ruining childhood" because no one likes being told what to do all the time. However, I respectfully disagree. I think that education makes children more aware of the world around them and makes them aware of the potential they have within.