Is education widely regarded as an uncaring "system"?

• The kids are cogs.

Yes, education is widely regarded as an uncaring system, because the children are not taken seriously. Education is mostly about the teachers, and the unions that represent them. The children are not given enough attention to come to conclusions as to what is best for them individually. There are so many kids and so few teachers.

• It Can Be

I believe education, in many situations, is widely regarded as an uncaring system. Rapid growth of administration has caused a lot of problems for educational institutions, but it has also pushed the students and those associated with them, further away. As a college student, I found the process of applying and signing up for classes to be very cold.

• Education isn't regarded as uncaring

The very idea of an education system, to prepare the youth and others for the world. Educational systems are enacted by people who care. It is true that the education process can leave many estranged. It is true that there are bad teachers. This can happen despite the fact the education is fundamentally altruistic in nature.

• I don't believe so.

I think most people recognize that teachers are the key to our children's' futures. There is a lot of work to do with the educational system, of course, but it is a force for good. I just wish there was a way to make each and every student feel more comfortable.