• He showed the world our spying capabilities

Edward Snowden betrayed his land by telling Americans what the NSA has done to protect us, now the whole world knows that we can spy on other countries and Americans. This could be viewed as a weakness because we cant do it the same way to ensure Americas supremacy in the world, because now the UN is all over us with some Security VS freedom type of thing. Those who say he is not a traitor, I hope you think the exact same way when we are at war. The NSA will not be the one who stood guard while America died.

Why I exaggerate? Because now that other countries such as main rival China knows we spy on them, they could change the Internet software to prevent us from hacking them, and they can develop weapons systems that we could be completely unaware of because we cant hack know without the whole world suspecting on us.

• A paid contractor not to open client files.

Snowden was a contractor not an analyst. He was paid to not view vital client information. 10-20 years in federal prison with a few millions of dollars in penalties would be okay for his crimes. Then again the death penalty would be acceptable for this traitor with an obvious political agenda. He should have focused on one issue before he stole the government's information and continued on with it in exile.

• Yes, Edward Snowden is a traitor.

Edward Snowden committed treason against the United States by releasing classified documents. This is the definition of a traitor. He should be extradited to the United States and executed. He should be buried next to Benedict Arnold. Edward Snowden has truly betrayed his entire country by releasing these documents to the public.

• He caused the U.S. Government to take a lot of heat and could cause diplomatic disaster between the U.S. And other countries.

Yes, the government might have intercepted massive amount of phone conversation and written messages, but they usually look for key words such as attack or bomb. I doubt they will listen to your phone conversation about what to eat for dinner tonight or where you are going to party tonight. People are so concerned about their information getting abuse, so far I haven't heard people losing money in their bank account because of this program or I haven't heard people getting harassed by the government because of what they said. I mean there are two sides to everything and I do think that this surveillance program could protect us. I mean the reason terrorist could hijack the planes and made 9-11 happened was because security was very loose before that. After toughening our security, we foiled many plots such as the shoe bomb and bombs made from liquid, which saved countless lives and prevent many families from getting depressed.

• No, he is a whistleblower, not a traitor.

Treason: the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign. (Merriam-Webster). Snowden is making the government accountable for its actions against its own citizens. He did not place anyone at all in danger; no information concerning location or identity of anyone besides himself has come out, thus national security has NOT been threatened, regardless of what the administration that has been proven to repeatedly lie to its people says. The government has been proved to furiously and viciously go after whistleblowers before and after they reveal information on what the government is doing. Edward Snowden is no different.

• He may be keeping the NSA honest.

Really its hard to debate since only vague information has been released. I have to think he may defect if he feels his life or family is in danger. Considering that he seems intelligent and well paid I have to wonder what motivated him to blow the whistle. He knows he may never be able to walk down the street without looking over his shoulder ever again. Whatever his motivation was it had to be big. This man could have the ability to expose every undercover NSA agent in the world. He may just be posturing to defect to offer himself some form of protection. One thing is certain though. If what he says is true then our concern shouldn't be him.

• Good of the people

Edward Snowdon. A whistleblower, not a traitor. If Snowdon's act was wrong, the NSA's act must be horrid. They are probably reading this article right now. Snowdon only did this act to help us, the people. Still, he had to escape to Russia where he probably went to jail. Someone should make a NSA-proof firewall.

• Good for us

The NSA always lies to us. They even lied to CONGRESS saying they weren't spying. The NSA might be reading my article right now. That's pretty scary. Think about it, they are watching what website you are going on and hearing your phone calls. Someone needs to make a NSA-proof hacking software.

• Th NSA are traitors

The 4th amendment protects us from having records taking without probable cause, which the NSA was doing. Two wrongs don't make a right. I don't believe the NSA is trying to protect us, it's trying to spy on us. I think Obama and the NSA classified the documents so that people wouldn't know of their treason. They would have gotten away with it if Snowden didn't blow the whistle. However, I don't approve of him trying to embrrass the president. That's not right, either.

AnonyFeline says2013-08-17T10:34:57.840
He was in a Catch-22. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.