Is Elaine Pagels' reading of Paul as a proto-Gnostic borne out by other scholars?

• Elaine Pagels' Reading

I personally think that I do not think that any other scholars think that she is right in her predictions, and I think that she read and took the reading of Paul the wrong way. I think that they know she is probably wrong, but they do not try to stop her faith.

• They do not think she is right

Yes, I do not think that any other scholars think that she is right in her predictions, and I think that she read and took the reading of Paul the wrong way. I think that they know she is probably wrong, but they do not try to stop her faith.

• Yes, but I don't not by much

Yes, Elaine Pagels' reading of Paul as a proto-Gnostic borne out by
    other scholars. Just not a whole lot of them, which I suspect is why her treatise on the subject, The Gnostic Paul: Gnostic Exegesis of the Pauline Letters, still stands out as being unique. But the whole Gnostic philosophy tends to be about individual viewpoints, anyway, so that's to be expected.

• Yes, just not very many of them.

Yes, Elaine Pagels' reading of Paul as a proto-Gnostic borne out by other scholars. Just not a whole lot of them, which is probably the reason why her treatise on the subject, published in 1975, still stands out as being unique. But the whole Gnostic philosophy tends to be about individual viewpoints, anyway, so that's to be expected.

• Paul was enthusiastic.

No, Elaim Pagels' reading of Paul as proto-Gnostic is not borne out by other scholars, because the plain language of the Gospels paints Paul as anything but. Paul was one of the most enthusiastic and dedicated leaders of the church. He very much believed that Jesus Christ was alive in the work of the church through the Holy Spirit.