• Listen to it carefully

Not only is the rapping good, but they also feature guest stars, put detail into the costumes and the lyrics are exceptional. They flow very well and the research to make them work is great. I dont know why someone could call this for children and that its lazily made.

• Obnoxious and Low Effort

Overall it's terrible, it doesn't sound good, tries really hard to cash in on pop culture for cheap laughs and plenty of plague views. Very unoriginal and they are not very good at rapping either. Instead of being actually funny, it's all cheap costumes and weird facial expressions. This might be funny for middle schoolers but if you can rub two brain cells together you should find another YouTube video to watch.

• Corny and pretentious

I hate these videos with a passion, they try way too hard to be funny and it shows. It all feels forced and the only thing more unbearable than the cheesy raps are the over the top facial expressions and annoying mannerisms. I'd rather scratch my balls with a power sander than submit myself more of these. Somewhere Redd Foxx and George Carlin are turning in their graves

• Repetitive and Lame

These seem to be written like Mad Libs...Just cut and paste the new info from whatever mildly interesting character or figure they are portraying this week. It all ends up sounding the same and flowing the same way. The first few were fun, ever since then it is a repeat of a repeat of a repeat.

Oh and the dude who opens up with the announcing always sounds like he has a big set of balls in his mouth. That is probably the most annoying voice acting I have ever heard

• It insists upon itself

They call it "epic"... And then proceed to write really canned raps, which rely heavily on puns. Not all of it is horrible, but I generally don't like self-aggrandizement and arrogance. I understand that it's part of the shtick that the participants in rap battles talk themselves up, but I feel like the lack of humility extends to the creators and to the whole production itself.

• Was a fan when the first few came out, but....

The first few were funny. In fact, the Hitler x Darth Vader one killed me when I first saw it. But now...I don't know. It just seems kind of repetitive. You can only make the same joke so many times. (Two people, fictional or not, who are completely different yet maybe a tad similar in certain ways who also have no business rapping, rapping.)

• Lame Millennial Crap

It's another stupid Youtube sensation that everyone says "you have to really listen to" its the Donnie Darko of youtube. Just because someone thinks its funny or clever all the 13 year olds in the world must circle jerk around it. If you are not a teenager and you enjoy this, You may be on the spectrum and life is going to get a lot harder.

• Other Misguided Posts

1. If you want people to take your post, then spell "Rassputen" or "Vadder" correctly.
    2. You can blame low production quality on no budget but middle school level content is independent of finances.
    3. They are produced by Disney. They have a ton of funding.
    4. MTV used to do a similar thing with claymation wrestling - it was better
    5. Celebrity guests do not make something funny - they just make you feel like a brain dead half talent might share a common experience or pleasure with you - this makes you feel loved - you take your selfie and post it on Instagram - now you have temporary happiness.

Epic Rap Battles is awful.

• So much wasted potential

The concept is actually a great one, and written differently these could be a really fun way of teaching about and critiquing historical figures. But unfortunately most of the time they really quickly devolve into promising to pop caps in each other's asses and threatening rape and generally making the crudest (and most repetitive) insults possible. That means even the few videos with clever turns of phrase and enjoyable references quickly become unwatchable and juvenile.

• Funny and creative

ERB is made by 2 comedians and they say epic rap battles of history different every single time they make a rap battle. What i really like is how they ask people who's next because then the people get to choose who they want to rap battle so its like voting; it works.

• Lame Millennial Crap

• Stupid not clever

Lyrics not clever enough to warrant an "Epic battle" and they spend too much time talking about kicking each other's ass to warrant the "history" part. Instead of using Wikipedia to get some tidbits of information about history, the creators should actually read a history book or take some classes.

• Stupid not clever

• It is awesome

Maybe ERB isn't for everyone, but I personally am entertained by it. If you wanna be a critic for someones idea, don't, because there are people in the world with different tastes. This is purely for fun, and people on the opposite side of this page are acting like it's the only series that matter

• Just for fun

Epic rap Battles of history is not supposed to be serious, It is just entertainment that people enjoy, it has clever humour and can sometimes be thought of as educational. Yeah it has crude language and can be quite rude, it's a rap battle, not a tea party so just let it slide and enjoy the videos.

• A Great Source of Entertainment

Maybe ERB isn't that serious, but that's why it's for entertainment! The lyrics are clever, and they put little things there each time take it interesting every time you watch a video. For instance, in Bruce Lee vs. Clint Eastwood, when a ninja died, as it fell, half of it's body was a ninja, and when he halfway fell into Clint's frame, his other half turned into a cowboy. Everything they do is extremely clever.

• Weak and stupid

Wow I didn't know screaming like an idiot and making lame historical references was what passes for "epic" these days. They are weak and stupid, not at all funny- sometimes actually annoying. If it were me I'd watch drunk history instead, million times better. In short, I watched a couple and wish I could have those minutes back. Really lame

• I don't think you understand the point

The entire point of ERB is to poke fun at serious (And sometimes slightly less serious) subject matters and not to descend into a serious debate over which character is better. They actually do do research which is proved in their behind the scenes videos. Lots of effort and money is also put into the these rap battles and the clever lyricism is what makes them so great

• You're missing the point.

I think it’s an enormously contentious proposition that an amateur-artist’s work be judged on its cheap aesthetics. To what criteria are we expected to those artists to? Should we condemn them for their fandom or inexpensive satire? I applaud this bunch for generating interest in history and there’s no denying that their lyrics are extraordinarily creative.

• Fun back in history

ERB make people enjoy history, learn new things and laugh at the same time. While younger kids have Horrible Histories, today's modern public can go on to you tube and enjoy the different and incredibly creative raps. EpicLloyd and Nice Peter are fantastically talented at taking two or more characters from either history or elsewhere and creating a rap for them. The costumes are fantastic and I always enjoy watching them. And in fact, they are.. Epic.