• It will be difficult but possible

Maybe while the world is ending in our last moments we decide that every human is equal so in my opinion yes it is possible but it could take even the world ending to get people to admit that it is. (a b c d e f g h I)

• Its nice to be equall

A b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v x w y z 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 2 - = + _ [ ] { } ; ' # : @ ~

• Equality is possible

Furthermore, it'll never occur. Man/Womankind of all ethnicity's, all country's, all accents, languages, and morals will never entirely cooperate with one another's paradoxical essentials. Irregularity is the zest of life, cynical human beings strive to have the best for themselves, equality will never occur due to humans narcissistic perspective of living.

• It's possible so long as people think it is

When people (like those on the right) claim equality is impossible, it becomes impossible for them.

The problem we have in this world is those who are comfortable, don't believe things will change, because THEY are comfortable.

People hear the word "equality" and immediately think monetary wealth.

Equality is not about wealth, it's about access to opportunity.

So long as there are individuals who don't feel the need to fight the status quo, there will be inequality.

All it takes if for those individual's comfort to be shattered, and they will learn the importance of fighting ingrained inequalities.

• I'm going to have to agree with Astal3

It's theoretically possible, but it require profound changes in culture, mind, status, etc... . Question is, would people(of today) actually be able to handle the ideal of total equality. For example [underage marriage, underage anything, no special treatment for( the elderly, children, mentally/physically handicapped, etc...), financial equality, etc...]. I might be over doing it but my point is, that there are pros and cons to all things that should be considered.
    Like........
    WARNING: off-topic
    Like when Houston TX passed a equal rights ordinance. The thing I want to point out about it is that, one of the bills would allow transgender people to use the bathroom of the gender in which they identify with. We can argue that it's pro equality, but it has a big con to it. If you somehow have not figured out with the con side is. Well one question, what if a pedophile, rapist, molester pretends to be a transgender? That bill was dropped from the equal rights ordinance, but trusting other people was the problem with that equality bill. A world full of trustworthy people, though not impossible but yet it would seem like you still would have a better chance of seeing Jesus descending from the clouds.

Posted by: knu
  • In theory anything is possible

There is a major difference between possible and likely. Is true equality possible? Sure is. Is it likely to happen? Not even close. Humans are a species that can only acheive peace through force. Someone would have to make the punishment for violence so horrible that everyone was scared to commit it. It's a sad truth but true nonetheless. Same deal with equality. Unless some third party being came into the picture and forced everyone to shut up and live together true equality is highly unlikely. But nothing is impossible

• Unless some magical event that ends all conflicts happens, no.

Humanity has been fighting each other ever since we learned how to hate one another. Jealousy, revenge, want, sometimes need, pushes us to insult one another. Every person has a hate for a culture/race/ethnicity/organization, and that's just the way it is. In America, even still African-Americans are blaming whites for racist acts, and in some rare occasions vise versa. The Jewish state of Israel cannot live in peace with the Muslim state of Palestine, simply because one side wants the other side dead. It is really sad and depressing to say that equality between different factions is impossible ,but that's the way we are.

• Egalitarianism has shown to even create inequality

Pure equality is impossible.Equality requires all humans to share equal social status and equal power in political,economic,and social decisions in the state.With so much division equality has no existence.Take political parties as a prime example of this.While the two major parties running the united states appear to follow different philosophies their goals are quite similar to suppress a second voice(among other things).Take currency as a second example,as long as people are paid in different amounts people will make more than others making inequality.Take the socialism's phrase as a third example ''to each according to their need''.This is ripe to be abused because positions in government ultimately decide who gets what.There are so many variables that prevent equality from existing

• Total equality is never achievable

Fairer treatment is perfectly feasible. But it is simply human nature to oppose those with differences and treat 'your own' more favourably. Financial and economic equality is impossible as demonstrated vividly by the ceasing of communism, it simply made everyone poor and contrasts unfortunately with our human nature, we need incentives to work (ie becoming rich). I believe that we were all created equal, but we will not die equal. We must strive for as close to equal treatment as possible, and as a united community we must make sure that exploitation based on our differences cannot occur. In a sense your boss will always be superior to you in a workplace context and so they should be, but when it comes down to it we are all human and we should not forget that.

• I do not believe so:

I do not believe that humans will ever achieve an egalitarian state particularly because such a state would require a unification of ideals that by and large throughout human history have proven elusive to the efforts of those who seek this goal. So long as these divides exist I would imagine that it would be impossible.

• Nope not possible

A leader means that he is in a higher position than the rest and we pay more respect to them ( government, the elders and your boss )
    the only way to have gender equality is to have no gender at all
    people always say '' treat a lady like a fragile vase'' which means that men shouldn't and should go out at war by force so don't say that men have the advantage on everything

• I believe it will never be able to happen

Many people think that one day we will change, but those people don't even bother to change how they look on people they don't even know. The world is full of so many stereotypes, full of racism, sexism, and these all have to do with equality. We try to get along, but we then get judged on how skin colour, our choices, our beliefs, which then makes us want to judge someone else and so on, and so on. If we want equality, we ALL need to help out. But we now live in a world where we can't trust one another, and that is all because of one thing.. US. It's a sad yet honest statement because even the people that have said yes, have probably stereotyped someone at least ONCE in their life.

• People Want Power

There will always be people in the world who think that a certain group of people are more important than another. Whether it is for greed, being brought up that way or just an opinion, there are always going to be people who believe that they are better. Even if this group of people is a minority, there can never and will never be complete equality between all races until everyone in the world believes in it. Equality is something that I think everyone on Earth should be striving to achieve however until everyone believes it, it just won't happen. People want power and the easiest way to achieve this is to get attention and the easiest way to get attention is by making huge statements. These statements don't have to include violence, just spouting racist and prejudice views will get peoples attention. I would love for equality to be a possibility but at this moment in time, I just don't believe that it will.

• Impossible and Naive

To have equality, all must be equal. Not only is that biologically impossible, the thought of everyone agreeing to do one thing is absurd. On a planet with more than 7 billion people, there will be at least one dissenter. And that will cause rebellion and the cycle will repeat.

• The universe functions because of DIFFERENCE

The UNIVERSE revolves around difference.
    -We see color because some particles reflect MORE light than others.
    -Plants grow because they HAVE MORE energy than they use.
    -Businesses generate income by selling things that people DON'T have.
    -It is the CONTRASTS that make a picture beautiful.

Without difference, Life in general would be impossible.

• What does equality mean?

True equality must include social and economic equality. If all races are equal socially, but one still makes more money than they others, than they are not equal. Secondly, equality doesn't mean close, it means equal. Even a Utopia is not equal, and now I will explain why. Does the Utopia have a leader or leaders? Then it is not truly equal. So does everyone have an equal say, even the infants? I am currently writing a paper on equality for my philosophy class and came up with this argument.

1. Equality and greed cannot coexist

2. Greed will always exist

Therefore equality cannot exist.

Now using scientific laws I can prove that greed has been a part of humanity since the beginning and obviously still today. Therefore it would be illogical to assume greed would vanish from humanity. You can even argue that laziness is a part of greed. Remember, all it takes is one greedy action for equality to vanish. It is logical to say equality is impossible while illogical to say that equality is possible. I cut some of my argument out because I have grown bored, goodbye.