• It's a good movie.

Eraserhead is a good movie since it's one of the few movies that can get away with having plot being one of the less important traits in a movie. The movie is so surreal it's up to your imagination to fill in the blanks for the story. People often complain about not understanding what to make of the movie, but I thinks that's the sign that the surrealist accomplished creating his vision.

• Tries too hard

This movie is completely awful. It tries so hard to be a surreal art film. The only reason some people praise it is because they want to seem smarter or more artistic than the people who see it for what it really is. A pile of steaming goat shit. I cared about none of the characters (if you could even call them characters) The acting was god awful even though there were barely any lines. You just don't care about anything that's going on, and you realize in the middle that you will never get answers to any of the stupid shit that goes on in the film. He has dirt in his room? He has a pot filled with water in a drawer? The girl loses her shit and is fine when her mom combs her hair? Tumorface woman dances and shit falls from the ceiling as she keeps smiling and dancing and stepping on them? Oh but it's a masterpiece right? Just because it's old and is in black and white doesn't automatically make it a classic masterpiece. Fuck this movie I bet David Lynch can't even explain it.

• Spinning my wheels

While watching this movie I constantly waited for something to happen, something to scare or worry me, or simply to make me feel uncomfortable. The movie itself was as slow paced as it was banal. There were no redeeming qualities to this movie, no twist ending, no terrifying antagonist/element/imagery, nothing I couldn't readily see in my day to day life and no revelations to save it.
    After looking at the film from multiple angles from myself, other people and Lynch himself Eraserhead has no interpretations to give it enough meaning to add anything to it, however you look at it. Whether or not it's meaning required interpretation it is still exhausting to sit through. It only cost $10,000 to produce, this fact did not persuade me to feel any better toward the film. I've seen people put together videos far more entertaining for far less. And the fact it took 5 years to shoot this disasterpiece doesn't bring merit to the movie or Lynch, if anything it could be argued that he just didn't care about producing this film. I understand life can get in the way, people get busy, things turn up and also there is the element of David wanting to have the product be perfect. But it taking a long time to create something and then producing something as bad as this is, I feel, a comment against the competency of the creator. Not a selling point for the movie.
    I understand there are those who felt terrified, disturbed, unnerved or shaken by this movie. Perhaps these people should learn about true horror and then come back to this one, maybe then it won't be so scary.
    However, if you like the movie watch it. Enjoy it. I just prefer a higher standard.

• Spinning my wheels

• Lynch is a terrible director.

Lynch is an "artiste" before he is a director. He's full of himself and lazy. His work is always absurd enough to be provocative, but vague enough to mean any number of things. He never lets on what his real meaning is, so that he's free to collect royalties for crap.

• No, I did not "like" it.

Somehow this movie is a "Cult classic" because it's "interpretative to your own thoughts" well guess what? My thoughts are that it sucks horse a** . First of all the intro scene is like 20 minutes long and it's just some really really really diseased looking guy sitting there doing nothing. Also what the hell was up with the main character? He was like all nervous or something the whole movie, probably because he knew this movie was so bad it'd be the end of his career. He had dirt laying all around his bedroom, go ahead and interpret that for me, because I guess I must just not be "Artistic" enough to "Get it".

• Ive actually seen it once

Its a 1970's horror movie, and all you need to know about 1970's horror movies is that the 'effects' are so hysterically bad its hard to be actually scared by it..... Knowing that, the movie itself is a complete train wreck of a horror movie. There is absolutely no plot to the movie, no character development at all, and an ending that doesnt make any damn sense at all.... The whole thing looks like it was directed by a twisted 8 year old with severe ADHD, and it is a spectacularly terrible movie.