Is Evidence-Based Medicine criticized more harshly than more traditional forms of medicine?

• Evidence-Based Medicine is criticized more harshly

Evidence-Based Medicine is criticized more harshly than more traditional forms of medicine because it relies so heavily on statistics of overall groups rather than the specific patient. While it can be very beneficial to look at the statistical outcomes of particular diseases, many people fear the insurance industry will turn out treatments that don't meet the Evidence-Based criteria.

• It is alternative.

Yes, evidence-based medicine is criticized more harshly than traditional forms of medicine, because evidence-based medicine is not as widely recognized and used as traditional medicine. This should be so. We are not are sure of the science behind evidence-based medicine. So it is fair that we are skeptical of it for now.

• Hasn't Had A Proper Opportunity

I do not believe evidence-based medicine is criticized more harshly than more traditional forms of medicine. I don't think evidence-based medicine has had the proper opportunity to work thus far. I think as medical records are linked up across the country, it will become much more helpful than some forms of traditional medicine.

• Evidence-Based Medicine is not criticized more harshly than more traditional forms of medicine.

Evidence-Based Medicine is not criticized more harshly than more traditional forms of medicine. Most people want facts when they go to a doctor and that includes the medicine that they get. I think traditional forms of medicine is viewed sometimes as an outdated form. I think most people want the new stuff.