Is Family Guy a form of populist propaganda?

Asked by: Beethroid
  • Many characters are inspired from american stereotypes.

Look at Consuela, she's basically that uneducated Latino maid that emigrated illegally to the U.S.. Also, think about that episode when Peter goes to a Chinese cleaner to pick up shirts and the banner sign reads: "Super Cowboy USA Hot Dog Rocket Ship". It clearly refers to immigrants trying so desperately to integrate themselves into the american culture.

• It's a comedy show.

This show is obviously not meant to be taken seriously. It contradicts itself in many episodes on beliefs and portrayals of different characters in order to produce the funniest version of the episode possible. In the show it represent many stereotypes, including Asians, Latinos, Africans and Whites. I see no problem with poking fun for humor's sake.

• Its a comedy

Its a comedy show, I don't get the propaganda thing. The only stereotypes that have any consistency are basic ethnic stereotypes, which are portrayed in an array of other shows. I am no completely sure how stereotypes for humor makes the show populist propaganda. I also don't think many people watch Family Guy without knowing the show pokes fun at everyone.

• Its a comedy

• It is stereotyping the white middle class.

Family Guy, if anything, is designed to belittle the working American family in order to justify the policies of elitist American haters. Just look at how fat stupid and lazy that American family is! If you cross the border illegally, you can be one of them! It is a funny show though, and makes me laugh sometimes, so it isn't all bad.