• Favouritism is wrong

I am in a club and in the club they were making changes to the groups these groups are supposedly based on skill but it was clear to me that the head couch making the changes only put the people he liked up and left the rest even though they were much better three of the people put to the better group were much worse and not in the lower group 6 months whereas I not my friend whom the couch doesn't like were kept behind after being in this group more than 3 years. If that's not an awful situation to be in where you feel worthless and like you're awful then I have no idea what is

• Favouritism is the worst thing any one can expect!

The person who claimed that favouritism is not bad as long as it dosent get out of hand, I completely disagree with him/her. Once favouritism is evolved, there is nothing about if it can get out of hand or not, its favouritism that has come, it cant be changed. Favouritism just makes the person who is being favouritised feel at a higher level when in reality they are certainly not. This develops pride in them which they show towards other students. If a teacher is showing favouritism, she/he seriously needs to think about what her actions are, and who they are affecting.

• Yes favoritism is bad

It is not necssary for favoritism, teacher always giving unfair prefarential teertment to one person or group at the expense another. Student start to feel upset and not wanting to learn at all. Their grades to start to go down , they start not caring whats going on around them. Student start doing wrong then they drop out because they think teacher and no one cares about them..

• Is favoritism fair

I don't think favortism is fair because them the other children feel left out and the other people get to do what ever they want and when the other people do it they get in trouble and the speacial kids take charge and think they are in charge when they are not

• Plain and simply: yes.

Favoritism is unfair. I acknowledge the other side and actually understand why they'd say it's not. However, favoritism in families - especially with middle children, who are already at a higher risk for things such as depression - cannot be said as a 'good thing'. Even if said once, it is something anyone will remember. Same goes to the workplace, the classroom and many more. Why? Because it's unfair.

How about when you were young - go back to Christmas morning. An excited day, until you realize your brother got that awesome PS4 you always wanted. Why? Because your brother was smarter, more and athletic and more charismatic than you, (or something or other), your parents chose him to be their favorite while you work just as hard as him.

There is such a thing as equality, but supporting favoritism is basically supporting biased decisions and inequality. Yes, sure, maybe once or twice is not harmful. When done many times, though, it is very harmful to others. It may be a 'natural' human thing, but that's not an excuse. (That's almost like saying a kid didn't do his homework because his emotions did not like it.) I suggest for everyone to remember: favoritism is unfair. If you really want to support that thought, inform people - maybe one day many places may be cleaned of this and we can easily spot workplaces and the etc. with this problem.

• Yes, favoritism is bad!

It is bad, because they other person can see that you are favoriting and may feel like they are unimportant or lesser, from the other person, which can make them sad and not want to try their best! You need to promote both the childs in a way that makes the learning environment equal and fair, while helping both as needed!

• Teachers shouldn't be able to show favoritism toward certain students.

Some teachers show favoritism toward students that are deemed "more intelligent" instead of treating all students equally no matter how smart they are. If a student is not as smart than teachers should help them improve their knowledge that way they can be put on the same level as the "smarter" kids.

• It's never right to pick favorites

Sadly, favoritism is something that will always be practiced in our society; especially, in the workforce. I've been a victim of favoritism myself, and it eventually lead me to leave my job at one time. Favoritism is completely unethical and not right for someone to chose to practice in my opinion.

• Very wrong favoruitism

I have felt that as kid every child should be treated with respect and equality
    as middle child of family I suffered from this it is wrong people who say its not are
    are very sick to their heads its not fair even on adult to suffer favouritism so why should child you tell me answer to that think its alright because I strongly disagree!!! >:(

• Indubitably.

Favoritism is intrinsically bad. While humans are not equal, favoritism further points this out and only strengthens any divide that was there. It allows the growth of hate and disdain, and the best person isn't always the one that is the benefit of the favoritism. When things like relations get involved instead of merit, there is a problem.

• Yes favoritism is bad

• No, favoritism is not bad if it is based on merit.

We cannot allow a simple favoritism based on personal preferences to guide our decisions, however there is no harm in favoring a better candidate for a job, or athletic position or any other position based on merit. There are different forms of favoritism, some based on personal likes, some based on family affiliations, and some made into law to adjust for inequalities in society. Affirmative Action is a program based on favoritism, it favors hiring a certain race above another without concern for merit. These forms of favoritism are equally bad because they do not address the issue of merit, and so they cause harm to others.

• Favoritism Is Not Bad.

Favoritism is not a bad thing. It is human nature and natural to have a preference of something. Teachers, referees, and other people that judge things have favoritism. As long as it does not get out of hand I do not see a problem with it. There is no way to get rid of favoritism either.