Is Fox News a propaganda arm of the Republican Party?

Asked by: progressivedem22
  • Oh absolutely they are!

Fox news doesn't report news. They report "news" tailored to their needs to support the Republican party. Only things that meet the requirements of the Republican view. It is a classic example of the press framing issues. It is quite bothersome to think that the Fox Network would sink so low to blatantly harass the Democratic party. Some might argue that CNN does the same thing. This may be true but it is nowhere near what Fox does. Fox just uses current events and twists them to meet their needs of Republican advertising.

• Obvious to most, except for their viewers

Many Fox viewers will deny that it is a propoganda arm because of the implications of its viewership. No one wants to admit they have been brainwashed. Fox news came about after the Reagan administration got rid of the Fairness doctrine that required that important public policy issues receive fair coverage for both sides of the argument. While it is true that most journalists and news outlets display some bias, Fox news takes it to a level just high enough to affect the viewers opinions while appearing to present both sides. Most critical thinkers aren't fooled by this at first, but even an intelligent, critically aware adult could end up having a brain massaging by the network if they watch long enough and don't recognize the indisputable fact that the network's purpose is to support the Republican party.

Fox news has slowly been ripping apart our democracy by tending to their flock which now craves the over the top completely biased coverage it provides.

• Obvious to some, unknown to Fox viewers

I can't stomach Fox news due to the very fact that it masquerades as a news network. There may be some actual reporters who work for the network, but this network came about with the aim to be a biased network. "Fair and Balanced" is a way to get people to believe it, but if you watch any the programming for more than fifteen minutes, you can point out unfair framing of stories, subtle and not so subtle conclusions drawn from headlines, and the most popular hosts on the network are clearly partisan and barely cohesive in arguments. The network came about after Reagan got rid of the requirement that news outlets present both sides of important policy arguments fairly. Since there is no more Fairness doctrine, Fox news can act like a legitimate news source and fool millions of people into believing it. They have systematically worked on dismantling our democracy through this farce.

• Election season specially

Because I can see its Brainwashedpower for example now I see how ithas switched from GOP to alt right fans base which is sparking a new wave of hate, racial and segregation feelings from isolated deep south towards "the others" not only they sell but also support it l l

• Election season specially

• Election season specially

• UK viewer astounded by Fox bias

I am a detached UK viewer following the US election debates on Fox and CNN. I am astounded by the unashamed bias displayed by the Fox presenters towards the Republican party and Donald Trump. Though CNN has a slight leaning towards the democrats, they still manage to report the facts with contributors from both sides of the fence given equal airtime. Fox presenters are far too selective on what they report and openly portray Hilary Clinton in a bad light and never ever have a bad word to say about Donald Trump. Fox even managed to whitewash the Trump tapes by simply ignoring the content and reporting vehemently on the Bill Clinton four. Thank goodness the UK news channels do not display this level of unadulterated bias.

• Blatantly Pro Republican

First time watched Fox News during the current 2016 election. It is pretty obvious, to the uninitiated, they are blatantly pro-republican and anti-democrats. Debates are highly biased that I need to turn to CNN for more unbiased news coverage. It is hilarious and amusing. Is Clinton that bad and Trump that misunderstood?

• It's the truth

I have never heard them express one good word for the Democratic
    Party. Only reports negative reports read or reported on for the DP.

I don't regard it as a news station more a tool for the GOP and they probably are paid by them too.

Is anyone fooled by them?

• It's the truth

Is anyone fooled by them?

• Propaganda, Hell No!

Fox may lean right, yes but just because more people watch them, while liberals get all butthurt because Fox dominates cable news ratings doesn't mean its propaganda. One of their slogans is we report you decide, meaning they report news that is important and you get to decide your own opinion. Is all this clear now?

• Propaganda, Hell No!

• No, to only call Fox News a propaganda arm is blasphemous

Like Viet said, any news source has it's own bias. While admittedly Fox News leans relatively far right, to only call them a propaganda arm is just plain wrong. As multiple posters has mentioned CNN, I'd like to talk about MSNBC and say that MSNBC has become just as bad if not a worse offender than Fox News. Furthermore, Fox News does try to obtain a more balanced view by hiring liberal analysts to debate on TV. That's what Juan Williams is for!

In conclusion, to call Fox News a propaganda arm without looking at the other side basically shows that you have a decisively liberal mindset from the start.

• No each news outlet has it's own pro-party bias

Just as Fox News clearly has a pro-Republican bias and favors them implicitly all the time, other news outlets, like NY Times and sometimes CNN, have a liberal, pro-Democrat bias, esp. In opinions section on political/social/economic issues on NYT Thing is, Fox's bias and pro-Republican stance is overt and easy to detect, whereas other pro-Democrat outlets have their Democrat bias, rhetoric etc in a more nuanced, less aggressive, less blunt, and in a "so and so is a social cause" manner, which is less objectionable due to it's style than, say FoxNews' "Obama has done this/that".

Posted by: Viet