Is Fox News a propaganda arm of the Republican Party?

Asked by: progressivedem22
  • Oh absolutely they are!

Fox news doesn't report news. They report "news" tailored to their needs to support the Republican party. Only things that meet the requirements of the Republican view. It is a classic example of the press framing issues. It is quite bothersome to think that the Fox Network would sink so low to blatantly harass the Democratic party. Some might argue that CNN does the same thing. This may be true but it is nowhere near what Fox does. Fox just uses current events and twists them to meet their needs of Republican advertising.

• Election season specially

Because I can see its Brainwashedpower for example now I see how ithas switched from GOP to alt right fans base which is sparking a new wave of hate, racial and segregation feelings from isolated deep south towards "the others" not only they sell but also support it l l

• Election season specially

• Election season specially

• UK viewer astounded by Fox bias

I am a detached UK viewer following the US election debates on Fox and CNN. I am astounded by the unashamed bias displayed by the Fox presenters towards the Republican party and Donald Trump. Though CNN has a slight leaning towards the democrats, they still manage to report the facts with contributors from both sides of the fence given equal airtime. Fox presenters are far too selective on what they report and openly portray Hilary Clinton in a bad light and never ever have a bad word to say about Donald Trump. Fox even managed to whitewash the Trump tapes by simply ignoring the content and reporting vehemently on the Bill Clinton four. Thank goodness the UK news channels do not display this level of unadulterated bias.

• Blatantly Pro Republican

First time watched Fox News during the current 2016 election. It is pretty obvious, to the uninitiated, they are blatantly pro-republican and anti-democrats. Debates are highly biased that I need to turn to CNN for more unbiased news coverage. It is hilarious and amusing. Is Clinton that bad and Trump that misunderstood?

• It's the truth

I have never heard them express one good word for the Democratic
    Party. Only reports negative reports read or reported on for the DP.

I don't regard it as a news station more a tool for the GOP and they probably are paid by them too.

Is anyone fooled by them?

• It's the truth

Is anyone fooled by them?

• They are clearly on the Trump train.

I Wached the convention where I really wanted to see the convention, all I saw were news people bashing Hillary. I have limited cable access or i would NEVER watch fox news. This station is so biased it's unbelievable. Day after day I turn on Fox news to see if they have anything good to say for Hillary. You would think that the producers would see this, but apparently they dont. I Think someone needs to wake up. I Mean really!!!!

• Watch fox news for one minute totally biased

It is obvious FOX NEWS is a REPUBLICAN OUTLET
    The anchors promote REPUBLICAN AGENDAS
    They denigrate DEMOCRATS
    It is a MOUTHPIECE FOR THE REPUBLICANS
    Does FOX NEWS realize that this type of reporting makes them unbelievable
    We watch Fox News to see what the Republicans are saying
    NO ONE BELIEVES FOX NEWS

• Propaganda, Hell No!

Fox may lean right, yes but just because more people watch them, while liberals get all butthurt because Fox dominates cable news ratings doesn't mean its propaganda. One of their slogans is we report you decide, meaning they report news that is important and you get to decide your own opinion. Is all this clear now?

• Propaganda, Hell No!

• No, to only call Fox News a propaganda arm is blasphemous

Like Viet said, any news source has it's own bias. While admittedly Fox News leans relatively far right, to only call them a propaganda arm is just plain wrong. As multiple posters has mentioned CNN, I'd like to talk about MSNBC and say that MSNBC has become just as bad if not a worse offender than Fox News. Furthermore, Fox News does try to obtain a more balanced view by hiring liberal analysts to debate on TV. That's what Juan Williams is for!

In conclusion, to call Fox News a propaganda arm without looking at the other side basically shows that you have a decisively liberal mindset from the start.

• No each news outlet has it's own pro-party bias

Just as Fox News clearly has a pro-Republican bias and favors them implicitly all the time, other news outlets, like NY Times and sometimes CNN, have a liberal, pro-Democrat bias, esp. In opinions section on political/social/economic issues on NYT Thing is, Fox's bias and pro-Republican stance is overt and easy to detect, whereas other pro-Democrat outlets have their Democrat bias, rhetoric etc in a more nuanced, less aggressive, less blunt, and in a "so and so is a social cause" manner, which is less objectionable due to it's style than, say FoxNews' "Obama has done this/that".

Posted by: Viet