• Gambling is not Morally Wrong

I've determined that gambling is not morally wrong. I have read and heard many debates on the issue and my conclusion is that we all take a gamble in most everything we do in life. Purchasing a home, taking on a new job and many other things are a gamble. You cannot be certain of what the outcome will be. No matter how you look at it, it is a gamble. Many want to believe that gambling for winnings where money is involved is immoral. My opinion is that this thinking comes from the biblical history where Christ was angry with the people gambling in the temple. My thoughts are that, yes He was angry but not because of the act of gambling. He was angry because of the wrong use of the temple. Gambling should have been done outside the temple with the temple left only for worshiping.

• 1+1=2; gambling plus you equals, at best, willful stupidity. Do the math.

Perhaps not in resorts or where the rich and highly educated are concerned. I will leave that one alone for now. But in my town, just one stroll through the new and elaborate casino, and you will see a predominance of minorities, and what I will guess, "stereotype", are lower income people; and for some reason, many low income imigrants. It's the same way with the loterry. The state aays it is revenue used for education, but obviously it aint workin. Cassino gambling effects the brain in profound ways, the games are marketed to lure people in measured insideous ways. Add in the complimentary alcohol, free rooms, and even gambling cruizes, and you have master manipulation by the strong over the weak. Like cocaine you don't have to be an addicted, impulsive gambler to feel the tug of this seemingly benign activity. Many can handle it- many can not. Sure; similar issues exist with alcohol or smoking, but pretty much any Tom, Dick or Harry can dole that out. So, why is it that the states have to colaborate with so few private providers. Heck, if I'm convinced it is moral I sure would like to open my own Casino; give better odds, build a better mouse trap. Anyone who has known or felt the effects of someone with a well advanced gambling addiction has seen the direct and colateral damage it creates. 1+1=2; gambling plus you equals stupid.

Perhaps not in resorts or where the rich and highly educated are concerned. I will leave that one alone for now. But in my town, just one stroll through the new and elaborate state sponsored casino, and you will see a predominance of minorities, and what I will guess, "stereotype", are lower income people; and for some reason, many lower income immigrants. It's the same way with the lottery. The state says it is revenue used for education, but obviously it aint workin. Casino gambling effects the brain in profound ways; the games are marketed to lure people in measured insidious ways. Add in the complimentary alcohol, free rooms, and even gambling cruises, and you have master manipulation by the strong over the weak. Like cocaine, you don't have to be an addicted, impulsive gambler to feel the tug of this seemingly benign activity. Many can handle it- many can not. Sure; similar issues exist with alcohol or smoking, but pretty much any Tom, Dick or Harry can dole that out. So, why is it that the states have to collaborate with so few private providers? Heck, if I'm convinced it is moral I sure would like to open my own Casino; give better odds, build a better mouse trap. Anyone who has known or felt the effects of someone with a well advanced gambling addiction has seen the direct and collateral damage it creates.

• 1+1=2; gambling plus you equals stupid.

Perhaps not in resorts or where the rich and highly educated are concerned. I will leave that one alone for now. But in my town, just one stroll through the new and elaborate casino, and you will see a predominance of minorities, and what I will guess, "stereotype", are lower income people; and for some reason, many low income imigrants. It's the same way with the loterry. The state aays it is revenue used for education, but obviously it aint workin. Cassino gambling effects the brain in profound ways, the games are marketed to lure people in measured insideous ways. Add in the complimentary alcohol, free rooms, and even gambling cruizes, and you have master manipulation by the strong over the weak. Like cocaine you don't have to be an addicted, impulsive gambler to feel the tug of this seemingly benign activity. Many can handle it- many can not. Sure; similar issues exist with alcohol or smoking, but pretty much any Tom, Dick or Harry can dole that out. So, why is it that the states have to colaborate with so few private providers. Heck, if I'm convinced it is moral I sure would like to open my own Casino; give better odds, build a better mouse trap. Anyone who has known or felt the effects of someone with a well advanced gambling addiction has seen the direct and colateral damage it creates.

• To be moral implies a choice.

In order for gambling to become a moral issue you need to make a choice about whether to gamble or not. Without the choice it is not a moral issue because it becomes a law to be followed which is an entirely different question. There certainly are issues about gambling but is buying a raffle ticket to support a charitable cause immoral? There are many things called gambling which don't carry a moral taint, so to blanket declare gambling morally wrong doesn't hold water. It depends on how you choose it. Gambling with someone's life is certainly morally suspect, but there are many things that are not. Gambling with money depends on how you use your money, what role does it play in your life, not just the fact that you play.

• No, gambling is not morally wrong.

Gambling can be a very positive thing for many people. Yes it is addicting for some, but it also provides jobs and income for many people that work in the gambling industries. This income feeds children, and can be a very positive thing to families that rely on these jobs.

• Gambling is not morally wrong.

Gambling is not morally wrong. The argument which is usually brought against gambling is that it takes money from people without giving anything of value in return. Compare gambling to another chance endeavor: running for office. Both require money, both offer a significant reward, and neither offers a guarantee of receiving that reward, but running for office is not discouraged as immoral, but rather upheld as selfless and patriotic. Gambling gives the same return as campaigning: the chance for a large payout and in some cases a large payout itself, but for some to say that the opportunity to receive that payout, and, particularly in games of chance, the entertainment of participating in the game, is not worth the monetary investment of the participant and is consequently immoral is highly problematic and arrogant. It is the participant who ultimately places value on what he receives and not any third-party.

• No It's Not

Gambling is not morally wrong. There is nothing wrong with gambling unless you get addicted. Gambling is not harming anyone or doing any type of evil in the world. It is just betting wages on something and there is nothing wrong with that at all. There is noting morally wrong with it.

• Not morally

There are some cases of gambling that the sanity of the person involved can be questioned, we've all seen the guy at the gas station scratching off tickets at the counter, handing them back in for more tickets if he wins. He doesn't leave until he's broke. That's obviously a problem. However, gambling at its core is not a morally wrong act, just one that must be done responsibly.

• No, it is not morally wrong.

I don't find gambling to be morally wrong, but people need to control their gambling. If they have an addiction problem to it, they need to seek professional help as they stand to lose a lot. If someone has the additional income to spend, I see no problem with trying your luck or placing a bet.