Is gambling something that can destroy someone's life?

• It changes your life

I have been an addict for 10 years.Before gambling i was in control of all finances,gambling rewires your brain, there is you,and then there is your addiction,that wants to be fed,as it gets stronger very fast, its in control of you,it has taken 8 years to be free from this

• No such thing as safe Gambling

I have been there, trust me. Gambling will leave you in the cold. The casino does not care about you. They are in business to make a profit, and they will.
    I have won for the moment only to give it back - then some. Embarrassing situations of not having a cent to my name. Think about that. A grow man that risks his family's future on a gamble.
    Everything will be ok if you stop. Just put it out of your life. When you hear the stories of winning just move on. It's fantasy and it will rob you of your life and the lives of the ones you love. STOP. What more can I say. Trust me, it is not worth it.THE END.

• A large portion of the gambling population are already living from paycheck to pay ..They are already loosing

Going to the casino to gambling can only bring you down. The odds of winning a big jackpot is slim pickings.. You are sure to loose your mortgage, rent, car payment and kids college funds ..Gambling will destroy your life after you become addicted to loosing and believing that you will win the next time. Don't get played thinking you will get paid. All the best...

• How can anybody so no

Gambling definitely ruins lives. The financial devastation left behind from a gambling addiction can last generations. It not only ruins the lives of the gambler but also family members. You can lose everything you work your whole life for in seconds. It adds no value to society while creating massive financial hardships. Anybody who says no has obviously never been around or affected by a compulsive gambler. It should be outlawed and put in the same category as drugs. I know I'm a gambler.

• Married three years to a man that lost two inheritance rewards a house his only daughter and me his first and probably last wife.

The amount of time spent on the fixated task keeps you from the .More intimate moments In marriage living with a person besides the 40 hours a week I clock in. In other words the gambler ignores the spouse. You saw the rose you loved it picked it but forgot to water it.

• Gambling is an addiction that takes all our money in a flash and leave us miserably. Gambling casino = hell

Gambling is an addiction that takes all our money in a flash and leave us miserably. Gambling casino = hell
    gambling took all my cash . Steal my music career , steals my life ,
    government does not care , they just want tax .
    You die , it's your problem

• Yes it does

It completely destroyed my life and now I am poor with practically nothing left. It left me in debt a bought 1 million dollars. It also destroyed my family by breaking me up with my wife. I think that gambling should be illegal forever, because people rarely ever win, and does more harm then it helps

• It ruined mine

All gambling adverts should be banned, like smoking adverts, there should be warnings saying this is addictive.They no its addictive thats why they lure you in with free money, the games are made to be addictive ,to keep people playing, i was introduced 10 years ago its destroyed me.Completely mentally.

• Gambling is life threatening

I have been yearning since2006 to have a home of mine my husband lost all the amount of loan taken from into casinos n till now he still trying to take out that lost money but in vain we have list in life casino versus life. N always the casino wins

• Yes it does

Gambling is a scam designed to appeal to greed and wrong attitudes.
    It is far better to work and learn to be content with what you earn
    rather than spend your money hoping to win the money other have lost.
    That is the reality of gambling.
    It's not worth your while.

• Addictions are due to the person in particular.

Gambling is a recreational game. Although, some do get addicted, that would be like an obese man eating butter. He is addicted to butter and eats it all the time. It is bad for him but he has gotten so use to butter and eats it so much he has ran out. Now he's committing crimes just to get butter and stealing from his family. Now.. We should make butter illegal. That would not be fair to everyone else using it responsibly. Now, can gambling destroy a someone's life? Why not ask, is that person the one using gambling as a scapegoat for their ruined life.

• Gambling is good

Gambling does not ruin anyone's lives, it just depends on whether the person DECIDES to bring it on or just ignores it. BUT if people are stupid then they will easily fall into the trap but seriously it just depends on how smart the person is to let gambling take over their life or ignore it.