Is gay male prostitution or pornography sexist and misogynistic?

Asked by: MasturDbtor
  • I'm sorry, but it, actually quite is sexist.

You probably will attack me mow, and say that I never watched gay porn so I don't know anything about it, but you will be wrong. I have watched gay porn several times, and, one of the most popular gay porn scenarios I have seen is when a girl turns down a guy and the guy complains about it to his gay friend, they start saying how the girl is the worst, that she is a real bitch, and so on. And yeah, you probably can guess what happens later. Also, this is a very popular gay porn commercial theme. One of the most controversial gay porn ad I have ever seen is about a man, about to marry a woman, but his gay friend doesn't like her, and seduces the guy, and in the end the bride catches them and runs away crying.
    But, I am not saying it happens only with gay porn. It is also a quite popular scenario in lesbian porn as well, but in this case it's about the guy being the worst one.
    I have no clue what's the idea of making porn like this, why do they even engage women in a porn about guys liking guys and men in porn about girls liking girls, but that's just one of the main reasons to why people should quit watching porn, because it's far away from the reality and it makes people view our world in a totally other way than it really is.

• Well, honestly, it depends on what's depicted.

If someone's getting raped or beat-up, and he belongs to a different race or he's clearly more feminine than the abuser, I would say there is something problematic with the scene, especially if it's done to communicate that abuse is somehow attractive. Psychologists say that men rape women because having power over someone excites them. I think this truth can be extended to certain forms of pornography, even if it exclusively involves gay men or gay women.

• Clearly it is not

Without any women involved then it couldn't possibly be sexist or misogynistic. Yet people often say without making specifications that pornography or prostitution are sexist, misogynistic, or "Degrading to women" as if to say that it would be in any and all cases including cases where women are not even involved.

• No, I am not agree

I think everyone is equal today. So, how we can say that
    Each one of us on earth has equal right to do what we want. We should not think of others what they will say, do what you want.
    Even though he or she is <a href="http://gaypornxxx.Org/">gay</a> or lesbian

• A guy need to survive whatever lengths he has to go he just has to go

In many parts of the world prostitution is the only source of income. A guy due to his financial needs and being of poverty this is the only alternative that can generate funds and pleasure at the same time, An article on our local news paper highlited a young man live the life greater than myself and many others doing eight to four jobs. He only works two hours and is paid rewardingly for his services. Another incident on the news paper also enlightened how young men choose this profession since it is a honest way of living and is now of prestigious status. I aplu those men who so bravely risk their life earning an income to maintain themselves and facing their responsibility.

• No, and the same holds for females.

To be a prostitute or act in porn movies is a choice that a person makes. Sex trafficking before anyone mentions that is not prostitution that is akin to slavery. So why would it be misogynistic or sexist, when a person is selecting the career for themselves. All more power to those people that are comfortable doing what others are not comfortable with, yet provide a service/product that multiple people want.

• Questionable for female, definitely not for male (in theory)

Definitely not. For women it is questionable, but for men not so much. Of course, in practice both male and female prostitutes often suffer, which is inexcusable. I do not see, however, how male pornography or prostitution is demonstrative of systematic sexism. However, I would be quite open-minded to opposing viewpoints, being far from an expert on this topic.

Posted by: kbub