• Way too much

In the grand scheme of things, gay marriage is essentially irrelevant. It doesn't impact very many people and shouldn't be a main focus in the media. To be honest, I think people like to talk about it because it overpowers real issues like police brutality, hunger, and poverty in the states

• Bigger Social Problems

People of color and women still haven't had their issues resolved. The gay movement has come along and pushed all other social issues to the side. Only in America can sexuality be more important than hunger, homelessness, joblessness, and police brutality. There are people in America that don't know where the next meal is coming from. Someone is being abused and neglected. Enough with Homo sexuality. I dont care about your love life or sex preference. Those that died in the civil rights movement had no idea that gay right would capitalize while blacks still fight for equal rights. Caitlyn Jenner gets an Arthur Ash bravery award for becomming a woman while wonen that head single family households everyday can't get adequate housing. Shameful and sad.

• The media wasn't nessecary to get the gay marriage point across

I believe the LGBT movement has been important because we had a lot of people who were not receiving equal rights, which is a value we should uphold in American society. I think this should have been handled more quickly by the government as it was an obvious breach of liberty and freedom in this country. Of course that's not how it was done and the stories have had to be placed in media's lap to get their point across.

• That is a personal matter

Yes, I believe that gay marriage is discussed too much in the media. Not only is gay marriage discussed too much, gay and lesbian issue in general are publicized too much. A person's sexual orientation should not be the talk of the nation. It is person choice that should be kept as such. You don't see straight couple being discussed across the media.

• in the media

I personally agree, I believe the LGBT movement has been important because we had a lot of people who were not receiving equal rights, which is a value we should uphold in American society. I think this should have been handled more quickly by the government as it was an obvious breach of liberty and freedom in this country. Of course that's not how it was done and the stories have had to be placed in media's lap to get their point across.

• Yes It Is

• It is important to cover the hot topics that people care about.

Gay marriage is a very hot topic in America, today. Whether for or against it, everybody seems to have an opinion on the subject. Media has the job of reporting on issues that people want hear about. Since gay marriage is on the minds Americans, I feel, the media is doing a good job of covering the subject.