Is getting a college education a guarantee of future success in the job market?

• Yes it is.

Getting a college education can help guarantee a more successful future in the job market. It always looks great to have a degree and that gives the person some experience in that field without having to had worked in it before. It means they have the education needed to work.

• Sadly not .

I am currently out of school, in search of a job. I have a degree in physics and have been out of work for over a year and a half. It seems as if our whole life we are promised that as long as we get good grades and go to college we will have the life we've always dreamed of. Sadly this is not the case.

• Unfortunately, not completely

As I write my response, I actually get a little worried because I am currently college student wrapping up my Associates degree. Even though having a college education does strengthen your odds in the job market, it does not necessarily guarantee it, as that part pretty much it up to you.

• No, there are no guarantees in life, even when you can afford to go to college.

A college degree does nothing for one other than to prove you have done certain tasks. Those tasks may or may not be of value. All college does is to prove you can complete a goal that you set for yourself. That being said, while a college education does not mean success in the job market, a lack of a college education does mean a struggle to succeed.

• Nope, not anymore.

It used to be that someone could go off to college, do fairly well, and get a good job when they got out of college. This is not the case anymore. Part of the problem is that even the most menial jobs require a college degree these days. That means there are so many more peoople with a college degree than there used to be.

• No, college is not necessary for many.

College should be where we go when we want to explore new ideas and develop new theories and inventions. It should not be a training school for a particular job. Many people who want to perform a particular job should be going to a training school and then later they can decide if they want to do wider learning.