Is getting rid of privacy worth it for National Security?

Asked by: GDawg
  • What is it that needs hiding beyond national security purposes?

The assumption people make is that they will not be able to do nothing without no one knowing, they don't understand that their secret kiss with Brittney will not show up in the morning news. The government will only violate your privacy to that level if you prove yourself worthy of it, if we prove ourselves a threat to this nation. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

• Lets think for a minute

Bloomberg reports state that NO TERRORIST ACTIVITY is occurring on the surface net, which are the sites that the NSA has been collecting data from (facebook, yahoo, youtube, MSN, skype, ect.) the real activity comes from the deep net, a network of anonymous networks that cannot be traced when delving into it.

This begs the question "What are the NSA really spying on?" If its obvious that they are no longer or werent really going after terrorists, since no terrorist would plan an attack via the clean net. Obviously what theyre really after is something far worse.

• Dont be fooled

National security is in by no way threatened by the choices you or I make in our homes (unless your manufacturing bombs or meth). Even in the case that it is, that should be the exception not the standard, to treat humans like they need to be watched all the time will surely lead to 1984 and noone wants that.

• No absolutely not

I value my freedom and when they are invading my privacy without reasonable cause, I think that is crossing many lines set by our founding fathers. I think of Snowden as a hero, because he has showed us that our "Freedom" truly isn't free. We are being spied on, and then the president has the nerve to flat-out tell us that we're not being spied on.