• Stupidity through google.

Google can make us stupid by us just searching for the answer directly instead of going out and reading a book or exploring to find the answer. With this occurring, nobody can go and find out new things along the way. In a few years, we will be as smart as a wild animal.

• Yes but not just google.

It is unfair to blame the base stupidity of the human race solely on the search engine. However the search engine and the computer in general have made humans lazy and our brains have devolved so we do not recall things the way we once did. Now with all the answers on our phones and at our fingertips no one bothers to remember anything.

• Yessss it doesss

Google is just a temporary answer, for when you don't have time to do research. It's proven that when we touch paper and read any information in a printed article it tends to stick to our memories better. There for going into multiple books and printed articles for research, will help you better understand the subject.

• Yes, it is making us stupid.

It is, because it doesn't require as much brainpower, and we don't have to think as much. Just a few taps on the keyboard, and bam! Information. We don't have to use our brains to process whether it is relevant information, or even if it is biased or credible. We don't have to remember anything, and we don't even have to write down anything, like the URL. Just look it up again, and then there it is. Or we can look it up in the history of our searches. We don't have to review anything. We're not even learning anything! Our generations are becoming even stupider while we look up more and more! Some of my classmates don't even know what a typewriter or grammyphone is. Or even those wall hanging phones. Some don't have a well- rounded music experience. They only listen to certain music. Don't be like that. Come on Google. Don't be the reason to make our generations stupid.

• Google itself does not account for our stupidity

Google is a wonderful tool for quick referencing and for looking up information in a timely manner. Google itself is only a website, and it does what we ask it to do and it provides information that we put on it. I believe the reason that we are becoming less intelligent is because we have started relying on the internet and electronics for everything. If we were to use google for the tools I stated above and we took the time to learn and improve out\r knowledge in traditional ways than we would be better off. Unfortunately as a society I believe we are becoming dependent and not allowing ourselves to grow the way we could be. Someday I hope the world slows downs and we can stop flying through our days trying to squeeze everything in. Then google can go back to being a tool and not a way of life learning.

• In some ways

Although it does give people almost everything at their fingertips, which is helpful in some ways, I believe it is a dis-service in other ways. People do not know how to find anything at a library any more. People do not need to remember things any more, because it is at such easy access at any moment. Having a book vs having a website, a book you need to read a lot more of to find the answer, running into other important information you could use in the future. With a website you can pinpoint only the information that you want and bi-pass everything else, missing sometimes valuable information.

• I Love Google!!!!

Google makes my life easier every day. I am by no means a lazy person I work 2 jobs, have 3 children, and go to school. If I can save time in one area to spend more time with my children or work an extra shift I think ill take the help from Google!!! I still love to read a good book wouldn't change that for the world.

• Google helping with our everyday lives

Personally, i believe Google helps me with my everyday life. I have found new ways too cook different foods, facts about cars and ways to fix my car before a mechanic could tell me and other things. People may use it as a shortcut instead of getting out a dictionary or encyclopedia but it does not make us dumb. It gives us a lot to learn at our finger tips. If anything is making us stupid, i believe it too be smart phones and calculators.

• Yes, the internet (mostly Google) is making us stupid.

The amount of car accidents caused by distracted driving (i.E. People on facebook); The amount of errors you can find in a single post, or better yet, how instead of using spell check everyone types a word into google instead of looking up how a word is spelled; all of the ridiculous and hurtful things that are posted to the internet on a daily basis; the fact that people are getting paid to blog about simple things in their life.
    All of these things lead me to believe that the people as a whole are not necessarily getting smarter from the internet, and all of it's false information.

• Oh yeah it is

Google is definitely affecting us and making us stupid. Children now a days don't even know how to look things up without hoping on Google and asking it the question they need to know. The sad part is that some of the answers they receive may not be the correct ones!

• No, in fact it is making us smarter

The idea that a resource like Google is making us stupid is ludicrous. What Google does for us is keep us from having to memorize basic facts (like how to spell certain words, or the population of California). Since when does knowing simple facts like this make one smart? Since never. Just ask any teacher who is forced to make his or her students memorize things for a test--this rote memorization is not an indication of intelligence...it's an indication of memorization ability. Think about some of the smartest people you know. I bet that they have to look up simple facts and figures. I also bet they can tackle the most complex of problems and come up with creative, intelligent, and working solutions. Google allows us to look up the basic information we need, quickly and easily. This makes us, as a whole, smarter, rather than stupider.

• Google Is Not Making Us Stupid

Google is no more than a tool to look up information. Millions of people use it, many who are very smart. It is a resource to help people find information. I actually think that as Google adds more to its site, people are becoming smarter because they are able to get creative with he ways they use it to find what they are looking for.

• No Google Is Not Making Us Stupid

Its not google that is making us stupid. Google supplies the tools for everyday usage. The the users fault for looking up dumb things. Its not fair to call a Company stupid when they aren't causing the problem. Its the people that look up things that make them uneducated in the topic and then they want to blame it on the company. Google does not make us stupid.

• Bing is dumb

Screw bing no body likes bing because it is stuiped, unlike google. Google is the best thing since toilet paper!!!!!! Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

• Stupid People Do Not Know How to Use Google Constructively

People who are already stupid use Google for stupid shit, yet lack the initiave to use it to find information. People who are already smart use Google to help them find the answers to life's great questions, find out if there is a name for the concept or phenomena running around in their heads, to deeper research the media they consume to provide richer context and to err... Do quick currency conversions.

For those who argue that we should learn in more 'traditional ways', Google is no worse tha going to a library as long as you check the legitimacy of sources. It allows you to cross-reference quicker, rather than you investing all your energy reading a handful of books which may be affected by the bias of the author.

Who is to say you cannot use Google to expand your practical skill set, it you want to talk 'traditional'. Usually we're too lazy to dress our own fish, but I bought a seabass on a whim, Googled some tutorials and leaened how to fillet a fish at 22 years old, something jone of my elders would rven be able to teach me.

In fact, tutorials and demonstrations made easily available by Google are the reason I was able to teach myself how to use complex software, shoot music videos, play 5 musical instruments, how to knit, bake, do wood carvings, find the best routes to go hiking etc. These are all enriching activities and experiences based in the real world. Google is not just for finding out the name of a celebrity.

Smart people have the desire and ability to constantly expand their understanding of the world by any means possible, be it through observation, reference books, the internet, tv, film or any other types of arts and media.

I get so angry when people invalidate how great these things are by scapegoating them as the reason people are stupid. No, you're stupid because you're stupid and/or lazy. I say this an autistic, dyslexic person mind you.

If you are intelligent you can find objective value in most things and know the best way to exploit a tool or scenario to do some fucking learning, because no matter how smart you are, there is always more to learn and Google puts so much at your fingertips.

It is up to YOU to search for what's useful then REMEMBER this information, because you can't be online 24/7. It is no excuse for laziness or recall failure.

USE THIS TOOL CONSTRUCTIVELY. We are privileged to have it.

• Stupid People use Google in Stupid, Unconstructive Ways

People who are already stupid use Google for stupid shit, yet lack the initiave to use it to find information. People who are already smart use Google to help them find the answers to life's great questions, find out if there is a name for the concept or phenomena running around in their heads, to deeper research the media they consume to provide richer context and to err... Do quick currency conversions. Smart people have the desire and ability to constantly expand their understanding of the world by any means possible, be it through observation, reference books, the internet, tv, film or any other types of arts and media.

• It is making use better

How did we get smart? How if you don't know a word?Well you use google and many years from now we never knew. Also we do 81% on projects and use google. Du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du.

• It is making use better

• It is making use better

• It is making use better