• Stupidity through google.

Google can make us stupid by us just searching for the answer directly instead of going out and reading a book or exploring to find the answer. With this occurring, nobody can go and find out new things along the way. In a few years, we will be as smart as a wild animal.

• Yes but not just google.

It is unfair to blame the base stupidity of the human race solely on the search engine. However the search engine and the computer in general have made humans lazy and our brains have devolved so we do not recall things the way we once did. Now with all the answers on our phones and at our fingertips no one bothers to remember anything.

• Yessss it doesss

Google is just a temporary answer, for when you don't have time to do research. It's proven that when we touch paper and read any information in a printed article it tends to stick to our memories better. There for going into multiple books and printed articles for research, will help you better understand the subject.

• Yes, it is making us stupid.

It is, because it doesn't require as much brainpower, and we don't have to think as much. Just a few taps on the keyboard, and bam! Information. We don't have to use our brains to process whether it is relevant information, or even if it is biased or credible. We don't have to remember anything, and we don't even have to write down anything, like the URL. Just look it up again, and then there it is. Or we can look it up in the history of our searches. We don't have to review anything. We're not even learning anything! Our generations are becoming even stupider while we look up more and more! Some of my classmates don't even know what a typewriter or grammyphone is. Or even those wall hanging phones. Some don't have a well- rounded music experience. They only listen to certain music. Don't be like that. Come on Google. Don't be the reason to make our generations stupid.

• Google itself does not account for our stupidity

Google is a wonderful tool for quick referencing and for looking up information in a timely manner. Google itself is only a website, and it does what we ask it to do and it provides information that we put on it. I believe the reason that we are becoming less intelligent is because we have started relying on the internet and electronics for everything. If we were to use google for the tools I stated above and we took the time to learn and improve out\r knowledge in traditional ways than we would be better off. Unfortunately as a society I believe we are becoming dependent and not allowing ourselves to grow the way we could be. Someday I hope the world slows downs and we can stop flying through our days trying to squeeze everything in. Then google can go back to being a tool and not a way of life learning.

• In some ways

Although it does give people almost everything at their fingertips, which is helpful in some ways, I believe it is a dis-service in other ways. People do not know how to find anything at a library any more. People do not need to remember things any more, because it is at such easy access at any moment. Having a book vs having a website, a book you need to read a lot more of to find the answer, running into other important information you could use in the future. With a website you can pinpoint only the information that you want and bi-pass everything else, missing sometimes valuable information.

• I Love Google!!!!

Google makes my life easier every day. I am by no means a lazy person I work 2 jobs, have 3 children, and go to school. If I can save time in one area to spend more time with my children or work an extra shift I think ill take the help from Google!!! I still love to read a good book wouldn't change that for the world.

• Google helping with our everyday lives

Personally, i believe Google helps me with my everyday life. I have found new ways too cook different foods, facts about cars and ways to fix my car before a mechanic could tell me and other things. People may use it as a shortcut instead of getting out a dictionary or encyclopedia but it does not make us dumb. It gives us a lot to learn at our finger tips. If anything is making us stupid, i believe it too be smart phones and calculators.

• Yes, the internet (mostly Google) is making us stupid.

The amount of car accidents caused by distracted driving (i.E. People on facebook); The amount of errors you can find in a single post, or better yet, how instead of using spell check everyone types a word into google instead of looking up how a word is spelled; all of the ridiculous and hurtful things that are posted to the internet on a daily basis; the fact that people are getting paid to blog about simple things in their life.
    All of these things lead me to believe that the people as a whole are not necessarily getting smarter from the internet, and all of it's false information.

• Oh yeah it is

Google is definitely affecting us and making us stupid. Children now a days don't even know how to look things up without hoping on Google and asking it the question they need to know. The sad part is that some of the answers they receive may not be the correct ones!

• No Google Is Not Making Us Stupid

Its not google that is making us stupid. Google supplies the tools for everyday usage. The the users fault for looking up dumb things. Its not fair to call a Company stupid when they aren't causing the problem. Its the people that look up things that make them uneducated in the topic and then they want to blame it on the company. Google does not make us stupid.

• Google Is Not Making Us Stupid

Google is no more than a tool to look up information. Millions of people use it, many who are very smart. It is a resource to help people find information. I actually think that as Google adds more to its site, people are becoming smarter because they are able to get creative with he ways they use it to find what they are looking for.

• No, in fact it is making us smarter

The idea that a resource like Google is making us stupid is ludicrous. What Google does for us is keep us from having to memorize basic facts (like how to spell certain words, or the population of California). Since when does knowing simple facts like this make one smart? Since never. Just ask any teacher who is forced to make his or her students memorize things for a test--this rote memorization is not an indication of intelligence...it's an indication of memorization ability. Think about some of the smartest people you know. I bet that they have to look up simple facts and figures. I also bet they can tackle the most complex of problems and come up with creative, intelligent, and working solutions. Google allows us to look up the basic information we need, quickly and easily. This makes us, as a whole, smarter, rather than stupider.

• Google isn't making us stupid, it's how we use it that matters.

People have argued that technology has been making us dumber for centuries. This same argument was posed in the 15th century with the arrival of Gutenberg's printing press when the fact is that books have allowed the transmission of ideas across cultures and time. Google is a more efficient means of accessing information and the technology itself is not to blame, its use is.

• Google as tool.

No, Google is not making us stupid. Like anything else, Google is just a tool. It gives access to more perspectives and resources that one may not have thought about without looking it up on Google, affirming and extending knowledge. It also allows people to quickly access basic information, and if people need to know more than the basics they always have the option of delving deeper and doing more research, whether that is online or through print based texts.

• No, It Just Creates a New Form of Intelligence.

Rather than making us stupid, distracted, shallow-thinking automatons, Google, and the internet as a whole, is re-structuring our minds (and our collective value system) to not only view intelligence in different ways, but to value new forms of intelligence as well. The pre-Google period that Carr is so nostalgic for also concentrated knowledge in the hands of the elite. The emphasis on "deep reading" that he places disregards the barriers to entry that many face in being able to deeply engage with a text (such as time, money, access to a library or university, gender, race, class, etc. etc.) By democratizing the spread of information, the internet opens us up to greater collaboration, diversity, and inclusivity than ever before, and ultimately, the new form(s) of intelligence that this is creating are invaluable.