• It depends on what you want to do.

Whether or not it is worth it depends on what field you are interested in and what you want to do within that field. There are certain people or certain jobs that it may not be appropriate or needed for. For many things, however, it is absolutely worth it so you can do what you want to do.

• Yes--But It Depends.

Graduate school isn't something to take on lightly, or to attend just to put off the big job hunt for a few more years. Unless you have good grades in undergrad and solid recommendations, you might just be taking on more debt to become overqualified for the same jobs everyone else in your field is applying to--this is even worse in the humanities. STEM fields are a more sure bet, as are fields like Psychology, Teaching, and Social Work--fields where the higher degree is required for positions beyond the entry level.

• Yes, grad school is worth it

As someone who just recently completed my doctorate, I may be a bit biased but I do believe grad school is worth it. In a time where many fresh graduates with a Bachelors degree are having difficulty starting their careers, I had options because of my grad school education. It also teaches skills that are vital to having a successful career, such as written and oral communication skills.

• It really depends on what your career desires are

If you desire to have a career in a field that requires a graduate degree then it is well worth it to get one. However, if a graduate degree is not required for the job or career you want to have, you can save yourself a lot of time and money by not getting one.