• What would towns be like without graffiti and street art

In my opinion citys and public areas would be boring without the bright colours and imagination spread across the walls that we call graffiti. I understand that some graffiti works are rubish, i mean the ones that are just scribbles and swear words and somebodys name written on walls without meaning or purpose, THAT IS VANDALISM.

• Yes yes yes

Graffiti is amazing look on the Internet and you will definetly find at least one picture of art
    Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi.
    Go graffiti go graffiti go graffiti go graffiti
    Yeah!

• Because because because

S s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s

• What would society be without graffiti?!

I really understand why people criticize this form of art. Graffiti sometimes really looks unpleasant. For example scrawled hand writings on dark and dirty walls in urban areas. I think even that is art, at least for the originator. I mean anything could be art...

But there is another type of graffiti that is definitely a form of art. Expressions, opinions and appeals showed in pictures of artists. Some people say that these artists are the voices of society that say what people think.

In my opinion graffiti is art.

• Graffiti is a form of art!

I think that graffiti is art. Indeed there are some graffiti works which are just rubbish because there is no reason or no purpose to write your own name in big letters on a private wall or damage houses by writing swearwords on them. This is vandalism. But there are also graffiti works which have a message and which criticize some parts of the community. This graffiti has to be in the right places to communicate the opinion of the artist. Sometimes graffiti is not scrawl but real art. You can see that because many people are selling graffiti and earn so much money from it.

• Graffiti is art.

Graffiti comes in many forms and much of it can certainly be considered as art. It Expresses diverse opinions and gives a window into the thoughts and creative Impulses of each Artist.

There is a certain snobbery about Graffiti, perhaps because it is street art and it is difficult for Graffiti to be controlled by Dealers and a market.

• Of course it is

I posted this as a comment to rebut an argument, but since all the other "No"-ers are using the same argument, I'll just repeat it here...

It's graffiti. Not vandalism. Graffiti isn't always vandalism. Vandalism isn't always graffiti. Some cities encourage graffiti and benefit greatly because of it. It represents a more diversely cultured society and has proven to reduce many problems in various cities. Sure, if you don't like it, that's your problem. Some people don't like brick walls. Should we instead build houses with sand?

The greatest thing about this debate is the people voting "No" prove the question to be "Yes". Art is subjective. By showing that, despite many people liking it, they don't, they're proving that it is a subjective art form, like all the other forms of art in existence.

• Curse graffiti and it's followers!

Graffiti is bad. It damages the community and removal is costly. All of you in the "yes" side will learn a lesson. Do not support taggers! They will eventually pay up for their crimes. I am so disappointed in you guys and from now on i will remove every single piece of graffiti that exists. Good day to ya'll.

• Graffiti is vandalsim!

Graffiti ruins the community and makes it ugly. It damages property and costs a lot of money to remove. To all those who thunk graffiti is good, you probably are in favor of community damage. I am very disappointed in you likers. I will remove all graffiti I can and will make your lives miserable.

• Graffiti is not a form of art!

The reason why is because it is vandalism to property un less the owner of the property gives permission to do so. This is a disgusting thing that no one can ever read. Some people say its their way of trying to say something, but if you are trying to say something shouldn't it be legible.