• Graffiti is Graphic Art

Of course it is art, even when vulgar, because it's expressing a message (often angst, sometimes political) and it often invokes a response (emotional and/or intellectual) in the viewer. Bare in mind, any canvas oil painting (for example) can be called "art", even when done by my 7-yr old. But most are not judged "good" and very few considered "fine art". The definition of "art" is separate from the subjective quality ("good" vs "bad" vs "fine" vs "vulgar"). Bansky's graffiti art is definitely "art" and is further judged "fine" and "good" and always conveys a message (many are resonating). One last point: it's still vandalism. It may be art, but it's also vandalism if it's executed on property without permission. Vandalism is a misdemeanor/crime, and should be prosecuted accordingly. "Art" does not excuse that.

• Graffiti is Graphic Art

• The definition of ART does not require it to be judged "good"

• Graffiti is TOTS ART!

Graffiti helps inspire, it helps art classes, it shows technique, who would not think graffiti is not art! I know I Would not! Sorry I am a kid please dont tell my momma! :) :) :) j j j j j j j jh j j nj n nn njn nh

• Graffiti is vandalism

Most people believe that graffiti is art because it is an expression of human creativity skills producing work to appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotion power. There is no beauty or emotion power of defacing private or public property. Graffiti is vulgar and trashy. I believe that people use the definition of art for an excuse.

• The definition of modern art

First off, of course graffiti is art. What is not? However, my opinion is that what can be classified as modern art is art made in a style or form that was not present prior to the 1860's. Graffiti does not fall under this category. In fact, early forms of graffiti include marks made in caves and on pyramids. But, even if you define modern art by its "true definition" of just being "artistic work produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s" then graffiti can still not be classified as modern art because it was truly popularized in the 80's.