• Yes, greed is bad.

If wealth were shared equally then greed would have no bad implications because it would be great for everyone to have and get even more of what we want. When things such as food are not shared equally and some of us have access to good and healthy food and others do not, then our lifestyle is causing others to suffer when we just want more for ourselves. We each only need to eat so much, and when the greedy person wants and takes more than he can eat for himself then it is shameful. It is the same with wealth and possessions.

• Yes It Is

Greed is a bad thing because it means you want more than are really entitled to and it's an emotion that drives you. Ambition is okay, but greed is negative. Being greedy usually means that you will stop at nothing to get the things you want. You don't care who you hurt in the process.

• Jealousy is the cousin of greed

Greed is just as bad as jealousy. You should be happy with what you have and not be jealous of what others have. Greed, jealousy, and envy won't let you get far in life. If you are greedy you won't get any where you won't to in life because you will always be worried about what you don't have in life. You should be happy with what you got in life. Like Ghandi said, "Earth provides enough to satisfy every mans need but not every mans greed."

• Greed is bad

Greed is bad because that means that you want more then what you are supposed to have and that isn't fair. I know that the world isn't fair but you shouldn't be able to take something from someone else just so that you can have more. If you earn what you are getting then that is a different story but if you don't deserve it then that is not right no matter what.

• Greed is bad

Greed is bad because if you share something with someone and they don't back it wouldn't be a nice thing to do. You can share just by giving a offering to someone or bringing them lunch a day. Not taking everything for yourself and no one else. Greed is bad

• Greed is NOT Equal to Ambition

I see so many pro-greeders speak of greed as a driving force in the progression of society. This is completely false. Greed is not a motivational force, not in the slightest. At least not a motivation to push boundaries and to achieve greatness.

A greedy man only sees what someone else has and wants to take it from them. An ambitious man sees that same someone else, and whats to reach greater heights than that man. There is a difference.

Greed is false feeling that you ARE and/or deserve something. Greed is not an aim to be something better. It's to take that something better that someone else has for yourself. Not the ambition to reach that level yourself.

A greedy man only wants what he doesn't have. It was not greed that lead to the invention of the automobile. That was innovation and ambition. Ambition to be the greatest. Ambition drives your will to propel yourself past where you are, and past everyone else. Inventors are ambitious people.

Greed is wanting without having earned. Greed is the person who said "I could have invented that. I thought of it first. I deserve it." Greed leads to you pulling another down to establish your place above them.

That is not progressive or successful.

• Yes, greed is bad

Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction- Eric fromm. We can never escape greed, it seems to follow us everywhere we go.Some people might kill because they are so greedy and thats why its so bad. Killing is a bad thing they might even lie cheat steal or murder. And it says in the bible that greed is a bad thing.

• Never ending greed

Greed has been condemned by every culture, by every religion, and by every society in human history. Why? Because greed is an addiction and therefore greed goes beyond what is required…, simply to acquire more for the sake of acquisition. Gordon Gekko (the movie ("Wallstreet") the corporate raider when asked why he was dismantling and selling off a company's assets instead of rebuilding responded something on the order of "Because I can!" Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citigroup, et.Al., serve themselves FIRST and whatever they have now is never enough. Such behavior will continue as long as greed is disguised as desire thus duping people into allowing such self-centered, childlike behavior.

• Equality equals freedom, greed equals suppression

Freedom is the main idea of capitalism and the prime goal for people in general. But if greed is practiced as a necessity for success(as in capitalism), greedy people will be the most successful. This results in greedy(and thereby selfish) people owning all the resources necessary to make the world a more freedom-based place (without doing so). The altruistic people will not own the resources to make their ideas reality. This ensures, that the society we live in will continuously make rich people richer, and poor people poorer. Freedom for everyone is only practiced by altruistic people, not by greedy people.

• Greed has nothing to do with motivation.

Have you noticed how all the people who think greed is not bad all say that greed is what motivates people. Are all of these greedy people smoking something? Ambition to do what you like is what motivates people. This very statement renders all of the greedy people's answers invalid.

• It depends on how you look it at.

Without greed, there would be no motivation. All of our greatest inventions have been invented with an element of greed mixed in it. Why were cars invented? Because the inventor was greedy for money, greedy for patents, greedy to make his name for history. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily; just think of how much easier our lives now are because of the automobiles that have been invented. Why are we so motivated, so driven to achieve the top position in whichever company we work in, or to get the highest grade at school? Because of greed. We are greedy for money, for approval - for everything. Without greed, the world as we know it would not exist.

• No

I explained why greed can be a bad thing. Now I am going to explain why greed is not a bad thing. Greed is necessary for survival--especially in today's world. You should never settle for less...why would you?

Greed is a great factor for motivation. It is especially effective if it is coupled with ambition. Ambition and greed can lead to great success in life. For instance, you are ambitious and want to earn the highest grade in class. You also have your eyes on a prize or a scholarship. If you are also greedy, then you are twice motivated to get what you desire. You would do anything to get the prize...and chances are high that you will.

• No greed means no aim

Many consider greed as an unpleasant thing but greed is what makes rivalry and success. When there is no greed, everyone would be "idle" or in other words, does not take any action in life. There must be greed and rivalry to have success and achievements. therefore, greed can be the reason why we exist.

• Greed is a Key to Sucess

While many consider it a bad thing, greed can be a huge motivator. One's desire for fame and recognition can drive him to do great things, such as inventing something, discovering something unknown to mankind, creating a knew philosophy, etc. Without greed and trying to fufill one's desires, there is little advancement for the human race. That said, something like stealing could be considered a bad part of greed, but overall, greed is a wonderful thing when used correctly.

• Jealousy is the cousin of greed

• What drives you?

I can tell you what drives me. We live in a capitalist society called the U.S.A. and not much if anything has been handed to me in my lifetime. I own my own business and have to do what I have to do to earn a living and feed my family. If it wasn't for greed, I would be on welfare and having everyone else pay my way.

• What drives you?

• A good amount of greed is always good.

Yes, too much greed will probably end up in bankruptcy and more. However, a good amount of greed is always good as it will help you achieve what you want, and do better in life. Greed will be your adrenaline and help you keep going to do what you want, even though it may be hard.

• Greed To Propell Human Progress

Greed to drive human to achieve higher exellance for the greater good of others. Properly mananged, greed would lead us to use our resources efficiently, seek new knowledge and discoveries, discover new frontier and boundries. For without greed, human progress will stagnant, the society would regress, and with the explosion of human population, the environment would be hard for livings.

• Greed is good !

If you are not motivated, odds are you are not greedy and you can only gain wealth through inheritance, your mate, lottery winnings or ????. Hard work will get you nowhere. If you are motivated then you probably are greedy or it will soon be assumed that with success you have become greedy. Greed combined with ruthlessness and can be a good thing. Ask America's top 1%. We should conduct a pole to determine how they made their money, what shady business deals were involved, how the "good life" is, how fast the money is, and how fast are the women? Ask wall street guru Gordon Gekko.