Is Gun Ownership an Individual Right Guaranteed by the Second Amendment?

• Yes, and they didn't intend to regulate it either

The founding fathers wanted the population to be armed for the security of a free state. They want us to be armed so that we could fight off a tyrannical government, or an invasion. That's the first reason. The second reason is for self defense, which classical liberals (like most of the founding fathers were) sees as a natural right.

Regulation makes you guilty until proven innocent, so I see that as wrong, and I'm 100% sure the classical liberal founding fathers did as well. There's a reason for the 4th amendment too.

So YES, the second amendment guarantees the right to KEEP and BEAR arms. And it shall not be infringed.

• It was written

Maybe people should have the right to bear arms in order to protect themselves and/or their families and friends and/or anyone else that may need defending because a lot of the times the police are not there in time of need sadly and it does say so in the second amendment.

• Yes, but regulation is necessary

I have no problem with gun ownership for sport or protection. However, at the time the second amendment was put into effect, some of the deadliest weapons we know of today weren't even a concept yet. We need to regulate some of the guns that are out on the market.