• America was built by Christian Pilgrims

Therefore the culture of America is based on Christian values. It has been customary to wish people Happy Christmas and Happy Easter for hundreds of years whatever your religious beliefs.

America is a country full of non Christian people who are trying to whitewash our Christian culture by including all religions in the Christmas season. We should honor our culture and heritage and unreservedly wish people Happy Christmas whatever our religious affiliation if we live in America.

"When in Rome what the Romans do".

• Happy Holidays Means Happy Holidays

Christmas and the New Year are two of the most beloved Holidays. Not only are they adored for the amount of family time and great food that encompasses them, but for the amount of time we take off from work and/or school. That’s right. Whether you want to refer to it as Christmas holiday or Winter holiday, they are holidays.
    So when someone says “Happy holidays” it is not an attack on Christianity. Likewise, when someone says “Merry Christmas” they do not need to be smacked for not being totally politically correct in thinking everyone does not celebrate Christmas. I have never heard anyone who does not celebrate Christmas complain about a Christmas break. I have heard people complain about calling the break a “Christmas” break, but not about having the break. So everyone should lighten up and be happy to celebrate the holiday however you refer to it.

• No specific meaning

The end of December holiday season is all because of Christmas without which it would be meaningless and not much of a celebration.

If it is Christmas, then let it be Merry Christmas on all public transit signage, in company party celebrations and commercial signage. Why Happy Holidays if it have no specific meaning.

When I was studying here in North America in the 80's, it was Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all the way everywhere.

30 years later when I return to stay here, the replacement of Merry Christmas with Happy Holiday is a culture shock to me!

When in North American (Once and probably is still the greatest nation on earth) you should stick to your own cultural values and be proud of it.

We don't hear of the East Indians in India or Arabs in the Middle East replacing their Diwali and Eid Al Fitri celebrations respectively with "Happy Holidays" in their public greetings signage so as not to offend Westerners and Christians. Not in a zillion years will do that to betray their own cultural values !

The new North Americans are so ashamed of being a Christian nation as it once was, are anti-Christian and is turning away from God.

• Xmas is pagan

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, but Xmas is a holiday rooted in pagan tradition. It was generally a time of drunken revelry in the pagan world and was banned in old England because it was so debaucherous.

Jesus should have no connection to anything unholy, so happy holidays is actually showing respect to Jesus

• Happy Holidays is said to not offend others.

Happy Holidays is not an anti-Christian statement, it is simply an expression that is used in order to not offend non believers or those who may not celebrate Christmas. I always say Happy Holidays to others because I know not everyone has the same beliefs and mindset as I do and I try not to offend people by saying merry Christmas.

• NOT "PC" just polite

As a Christian, I think one of the best ways we can mirror Christ during the time we celebrate Him is by not demanding our own way by militantly insisting upon wishing "Merry Christmas" to everyone with whom we come into contact.

The fact is, while "Jesus is the reason" for me to celebrate, the people we encounter during the holiday season - which stretches from Thanksgiving to New Years - may be celebrating one of several different holidays that are holy and special/sacred to them. By wishing someone "Happy Holidays" I am not taking Christ out of Christmas. I am recognizing that I live in a society where not everyone shares my faith, or celebrates my Savior. "Happy Holidays" covers Thanksgiving (which most of of celebrate), Christmas, Hanukkah (which Jesus celebrated...See John 10:22), Solstice (which is the true reason for Christmas being celebrated in late December), New Years and more.

Now, of course I do wish "Merry Christmas" to people I know or have reason to think celebrate Christmas. I wish "Happy Holidays" to everyone else, especially if I don't know what they celebrate this time of year.

I just think it's polite, rather than making a point of pushing Christmas on everyone I come into contact with. Doing so in no way removes Christ from my life, or God from my home. "Happy Holidays" is also not a new thing, and while we're on the subject of "keeping Christ in Christmas" the abbreviation "X-mas" is not an attempt to remove Christ, but rather the Greek Letter "Chi" which looks like an "X" to most, was commonly used as an abbreviation for Christ.

• No.

Wish people whatever you want! It's really the 'happy' or 'merry' part that counts anyway...this season is all about goodwill toward our fellow man. Regardless of what they are celebrating, the season is about celebrating! There is no reason to be offended. 'Happy holidays" isn't anti-Christian just as it isn't anti-Jewish or anti-Muslim. People need to lighten up.

• Happy Holidays is appropriate for the time of year.

Christmas Day should be 7th January, and is in Orthodox Christian countries, the celebrations that take place over the period of the winter solstice on 21st December pre-date Christianity but the early Christians attached Christmas Day to the existing pagan festivities, known as Yuletide in Britain, because the two events were so close together. The thinks we most associate with Christmas: holly, ivy, mistletoe, decorative lights, decorated trees, the exchanging of gifts, feasting and generally making merry all have pagan ancestry - there’s nothing about them in the Bible. Only Santa Claus has some Christian heritage, his character is based on Saint Nicholas who was kind to children back in the 4th Century, although he didn’t live in Lapland (where reindeers are a native species), he actually lived in Asia Minor (where there are no reindeers) and Saint Nicholas ay is the 6th December, not 25th.

• No. 'Happy Holidays' is not anti-Christian

Many students and those associated with education have a number of days off during the last days of December through the first couple of days in January. This is a holiday season and includes Christmas and New Year's and other days special other religions and cultures. By wishing Happy Holidays is simply referring to this 'season'.

• "Happy Holidays" - The All Inclusive Phrase

Many holidays call December home - Christmas, Kwanzaa, usually Hanukkah, and half of New Years (the "eve" half). Saying "Happy Holidays" is by no means an anti-Christian statement, it is instead a way to wish everyone a happy and merry time celebrating whichever holiday it is that they celebrate, if any. Because we live in a country that is religiously diverse, it is nice to respect all the holidays from all religions and cultures. To say "Happy Holidays" does not leave anyone out in the cold, if you don't celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, or Hanukkah, well then there is still New Year's. In other words, you touch on all foundations of American society by saying "Happy Holidays". It is by no means an anti-Christian statement, just an inclusive one. Of course, there's nothing wrong with saying, "Merry Christmas" if you are speaking to people who celebrate Christmas. If you do want to incorporate all cultures, as many do this time of year, it just makes sense to say "Happy Holidays" because there is more than one holiday and more than one religion and culture.