• Height neurosis and dicrimination

I get the feeling that this form of discrimination is never going to be addressed. I have been diagnosed with sever depperssion, ptsd and temporary psychosis. In high school it all started. I have been bullied, degeraded, shamed, marginalized many times for my height. Many people of average height are blissfully unaware of what is going on. People say to me "stop being insecure" or "get over it". Ok but how would you like it if you were bullied your whole life and when ever you tired to stand up for yourself people just would not care. So yeah i would hate the world. Now im going to tell you facts about how short men are at a disadvantage in life. Taller people get paid more even when working the same job position as a shorter male. Heightism is an issue that effects mostly male and some women. So modern feminism does not care or even try to adress the issue. Heightism is all over in the media and you just have to look for it. In the media the short man will never. Be shown as a proper man only some weak person that nobody cares about or the media will find a way to degerade short men. For example the new netflix and chill advertisment that came out. Also how in iron man they made tony wear 6 inch heals. Why is that short men always get bullied in movies. Also heightism proved a strong correlation to height and sucide in men. I have read stories of men who killed themselves. One is a move star also childern young as 14 get upset due to their height. I have heard about kids in high school are injecting steroids so they can hit massive growth spurts, i have seen kides do this. Also a Swedish studies proved that every increase of height can decrease suicide and depperssion by 9%. That study was conducted on 1.2 million men. Also their is a strong correlation found that height is a strong indicator on future success of a man. I have also talked to my psych. He told me the truth. Heightism is a form of discrimination that is so embedded in are culture and when brought people do not think its true. Also he diagnosed me height neurosis. A mentel disorder that can be only cured by surgery. Height nersosis can not be treated with pills or by talking to someone. Height neurosis is sever depression caused by height. This is caused by bulllying, workplace discrimination. People who suffer from this have two solutions that is to get surgery that is called limb lengthening or suicide. I know this sounds crazy but this is happening in india. In india men cannot even get a job because of their height so they get surgery. Those who cannot get it kill them selves. My psych told me that is why men sucide rates are so high. Men have to live up impossible standers.

• Of course it's an issue!

People are intimidated by height, and short men are very undesired in the dating world and the workforce. AND they're paid less because no matter how competent they are, tall men usually get the high-paying jobs. Even more so, short people get no respect whatsoever, and are usually are given the villain role as actors.

• YES! People who discriminate short or tall people are just evil.

Everybody is unique in their own way whether they are short, tall, fat or skinny people should accept them for who they are and not what they look like. Life isn't about how you look, its about who you are on the inside. To all people out there don't let anybody tease you or be mean to you because of your height. You are perfect the way you are. <3 :)

• Yes, people are cruel.

Yes, heightism is a problem in America, because Americans tend to judge people based on the way they look. Taller, more beautiful people are treated better. This is also true in America with people who appear to have more money. In America people are nicer to people who are taller and better looking. It is very unfair.

• No, it is not.

I am sure there are a few individuals who are heightism related, but overall I would think it is not much of an issue. I have known quite a few people who are shorter than 5 ft and have never had any complaints in there life. I think people do not really notice.