• It should be

Unlike college and elementary, High School provides nothing students can apply, unless they chose to specialize in a field once taught in HS, but college should cover that. Even so, there are more unnecessary subjects in HS that only bring frustration for students who have no interest in other fields.

High school is not the stage of preparation of work, it is college. A plausible alternative to high school is a slightly extended elementary.

• Unimportant Learning, Should be More specified

I agree with going to class and yes somethings are unimportant but the thing with high school as I am currently in my grade 12 year is that even now my parents are harping me go to class and its not like I missed 10 classes I missed 3 but the thing is as I don't understand why we are taught certain things. I love math but not the fundamental math I like stats and probability but in order to learn this I must endure a year of useless crap for a two week period that will focus what I will learn in college. Other arguments are relevant here as well such as taxes, balance a check book, or simple household skills like cooking. Things like this cannot be taught from a desk with a notebook, this is where skills must be applied and taught to students. Students have to be taught for themselves which I can say I have done more than enough of its time that the teachers quit taking courses that don't focus on our career choice and instead replace it will more specified classes but keep the general classes open for those students that can't choose. Just add the fundamentals of life that need to be actual taught to kids instead of the basic crap that we all know is going to prove useless the second we step out the doors when we graduate.

• Fix the system

I am currently a freshman at my school and I must say... IT SUCKS.
    Why do we have to learn about so many useless stuff that won't help us in the future. Like the others I still don't know how to pay taxes, what they are, mortgage rates, what loans are, etc. instead I have to learn useless stuff like solving for x and y, Pythagorean Theorm, theme that I already learned about in 5th grade, pi, chemistry, and more useless stuff that won't help me in the future
    Alongside that it piles up STRESS on your back, having to deal with grades, tests, what other people think of you, trying to make friends, homework, etc.
    I think that they should revise the school dystem to teach us about stuff that's actually USEFUL and teach us about the career we want to take in the future, as well as learning how to pay taxes and loans and other stuff. Idk when they'll do it or if they'll do it but they got to consider doing it.

• Highschool is 85% useless knowledge 5% social 10% useful knowledge and 100% stress

Students in highschool will experience stress at some point within their 4 years. Most of this, is caused by subjects and curriculums that they have no interest in. The social part of the experience, can yes grow and develop them into adults, but the classes and teachings that students go through, that they don't wish to learn because of lack of interest kills the purpose of even going. From 8th grade and beyond the teens should be trusted with their interests, but allow them to change. If a student is not interested in a class then how can they be expected to pay attention let alone actually learn anything. The foundation is in elementary and middle school. Highschool they tell children to begin deciding what they want to do in the future. Well they can do that. But they should focus on that. For example, a teen wants to go into architecture. They take prototyping, drafting, and mathematics classes. But because of the broken system, they are forced to take sciences, English/literature classes, etc. this only causes stress and wastes time. Teens should be allowed to select a program

• It's totally unnecessary

In high school we were being forced to learn things that would have no absolute meaning later in life. Learning about your x and y values, polynomials, and the fact that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of a cell, are all pointless. Yes high school prepares us for college and helps develop social skills, but high school can help us in real ways. I never learned how to do my taxes, balance my check book, or how to make a living on my own.

• High School leaves you vastly unprepared.

Remember that time in high school where they taught you about real life? Yeah, me neither. All I remember is memorizing useless things that only came in handy during the test. End of story. I was never taught how to budget a paycheck, pay taxes, what taxes were, what laws there are, how much the cost of living is, what minimum wage is, oh, and how hard it is to actually support yourself in the real world when your no longer being supported by your parents. Four years of my life wasted in a building where the whole system is too focused on whether or not you know the answer than to whether or not you learned the lesson. On top of that, The whole system bases how smart you are on your ability to memorize random facts we never asked to know. I am a farmer. Never once did i learn how to till soil, grow plants, raise livestock, granted some schools have programs for this, the main focus is on Exactly what i DIDN'T need to know to get where i am today. So yes, high school is unnecessary. Bits and pieces, are important, But the whole 9 yards has to stop. There are people killing themselves because of the stress that school brings them. Those poor adolescent kids knowing its illegal not to go and if you do go, your most likely going to fail, because you don't learn how they teach, and if you fail, you wont get a good job, if you don't get hat job you could starve to death on the streets. That's their train of thought. Some love school. Let those who have the desire and drive to learn about these things take those courses and leave the rest be. Basic education is enough.

• High School Is Not for Everyone These Days..

High school is unimportant because they teach us very unnecessary material that we most likely never use in our lives unless we go into thag certain subject after high school. For example, in math, when will I EVER need to know how to solve a polynomial or what xy equals unless I go into that specific subject in college? NEVER. I just love how teachers try to tell their students how we will definitely need to know this later on in life. I think that school is very necessary up until the 6th grade. That is general education right there. Schools expect too much out of us students. School isn't for everyone. We are all unique and different individuals and they treat us like we are all the same. Do you know how many students stress and even have mental breakdowns because of school work? Because I do. I was there once and it tore me up so bad that I had to leave. So with that being said, I think school is very unnecessary and should be a choice.

• High school teaches a lot of essential stuff.

Unless you want to sweep floors forever, high school is pretty important. It's not one of those trivial things you can just take or leave. I don't know about the States, but in Canada, up to Grade 10 is mandatory, as it should be. How important is your education to YOU? That's the question. Sure, you don't need to learn how to calculate the velocity of a falling brick, but knowing you can is pretty cool. You also don't need to learn how to count or read, but you should learn anyway.

• No, high school are necessary.

High school is necessary because if you don't do good in high school you won't be able to get a good college. Also it is a stepping stone for your live and job. It also teaches you things that you need in your future life. B.T.W There are a lot of necessary subjects. There are a lot of resources there and its up to you to use them. Its also another chance for you to earn a scholarship for college.

• High school is the foundation for your future.

High school is an absolutely important stage in a developing teenager's life. Not only does it teach fundamental introductory skills in academic and applied disciplines that will guide the student towards hard work and perseverance in a field of study, but it also helps develop valuable social skills. Considering most high school courses after first year are electives, students aren't forced to do courses that they don't want to do. Nonetheless, every course offered in high school has a use outside of school. Even math does, because it is the best way to teach you logic, reasoning and deductive problem solving. In addition, without these courses in high school, students wouldn't be able to advance to college.