• It should be

Unlike college and elementary, High School provides nothing students can apply, unless they chose to specialize in a field once taught in HS, but college should cover that. Even so, there are more unnecessary subjects in HS that only bring frustration for students who have no interest in other fields.

High school is not the stage of preparation of work, it is college. A plausible alternative to high school is a slightly extended elementary.

• All it is is indoctrination. We are slaves to the system.

The government controls the schools throughout the United States. Globalists are people who control everything in the world with their corrupt money. Globalists control the government which controls the schools. Globalists like to use the conquer and divide tactic. They do this by manipulating the public with unnecessary news and information such as subjects in school. They also use political parties to divide the nation. Well, it's working for them. Students are like inmates in prison if you think about it. Inmates always look at the clocks to know when they are going to be released, so do students. Inmates have to answer to a roll call, so do students. Most schools teach the topic of evolution. Some kids believe that God made the earth in 7 days. So why force a kid to learn something that goes against their religion? What happened to freedom? If a kid doesn't want to go to school, he/she should have to go. Education is important to a CERTAIN EXTENT! Students should only learn the things they are forced to learn if their future job requires them to do so. It's a twisted system but it's America for you.

• High school is NOT important

I'm a Junior in high school, I've taken approximately 3 classes that taught me the basic life necessities. Yes, knowledge is power, but knowing useless information for whatever reason, it's too much of a hassle. I remember watching a quick clip of a school in Asia that EVEN the students clean the school. They learn how to make meals and so forth. The school teaches disciplinary skills. What's the deal with having to memorize pointless things when there's life to live? Life is way too short to live it in a desk with a test in front of you. Not going to school is illegal and you need parent permission. I'm also against being graded on how "smart" I am and how well I do things. I say learn life skills and go out there and live your life how you want it. Lots to learn in the REAL world.

• The real world

I hate it when teachers say "when you get out in to the real world..." because it reminds me high school is a fantasy. Education is important but im a senior in highs school and the topics we learn are useless I love to learn about economics and things of that nature so I got a book on it and it taught me more in 4 months of reading about financial systems and structures than my class has in an entire year

• Highschool is Pointless

High school teaches little to no real skills that will be used in real life. Can you use slope-intercept formula to save your marriage? You get fed the common core ideas of the world, not your own creative ideas! High school is here to conform unique kids into mindless workers who will sit in a cubicle for the rest of their dull lives.

• I hate high school.

First all, they give you classes that aren't even necessary for graduation. The hardest classes are always the 'mandatory' ones. If you fail it, you have to take the whole class including the end of the year test. What's the point of math if you're not going to solve everyday?

• Why should I learn what they teach?

As most know, High School teaches a wide variety of useless topics. Some might debate that, and say that high school gives you options of what to do in life, but some subjects are required to be taught. If you have no desire to get a mathematics degree, then why should I be required to take useless high school math? Most people will only have to know the 4 basic operators (Addition, Subtractions, Multiplication, and Division,) and even then, calculators are at the touch of a phone and many other devices. Why should I have to spend all my years in high school learning about different literature when after high school I will barely pick up a book unless it's for fun, or to just read a damn manual? So now instead of teaching students how to pay for a house, and teaching about personal finance, I should learn about DNA , and all the necessary proteins for life? And finally, now instead of learning about how to vote,and what I would be presented with, I should repeatedly learn about all the Chinese dynasties? Of course high school could change by teaching students useful things, but as many know, the school board will never change that, they will just think of more things to make students more and more stressed over school.

• Unimportant Learning, Should be More specified

I agree with going to class and yes somethings are unimportant but the thing with high school as I am currently in my grade 12 year is that even now my parents are harping me go to class and its not like I missed 10 classes I missed 3 but the thing is as I don't understand why we are taught certain things. I love math but not the fundamental math I like stats and probability but in order to learn this I must endure a year of useless crap for a two week period that will focus what I will learn in college. Other arguments are relevant here as well such as taxes, balance a check book, or simple household skills like cooking. Things like this cannot be taught from a desk with a notebook, this is where skills must be applied and taught to students. Students have to be taught for themselves which I can say I have done more than enough of its time that the teachers quit taking courses that don't focus on our career choice and instead replace it will more specified classes but keep the general classes open for those students that can't choose. Just add the fundamentals of life that need to be actual taught to kids instead of the basic crap that we all know is going to prove useless the second we step out the doors when we graduate.

• Fix the system

I am currently a freshman at my school and I must say... IT SUCKS.
    Why do we have to learn about so many useless stuff that won't help us in the future. Like the others I still don't know how to pay taxes, what they are, mortgage rates, what loans are, etc. instead I have to learn useless stuff like solving for x and y, Pythagorean Theorm, theme that I already learned about in 5th grade, pi, chemistry, and more useless stuff that won't help me in the future
    Alongside that it piles up STRESS on your back, having to deal with grades, tests, what other people think of you, trying to make friends, homework, etc.
    I think that they should revise the school dystem to teach us about stuff that's actually USEFUL and teach us about the career we want to take in the future, as well as learning how to pay taxes and loans and other stuff. Idk when they'll do it or if they'll do it but they got to consider doing it.

• No, high school are necessary.

High school is necessary because if you don't do good in high school you won't be able to get a good college. Also it is a stepping stone for your live and job. It also teaches you things that you need in your future life. B.T.W There are a lot of necessary subjects. There are a lot of resources there and its up to you to use them. Its also another chance for you to earn a scholarship for college.

• High school is the foundation for your future.

High school is an absolutely important stage in a developing teenager's life. Not only does it teach fundamental introductory skills in academic and applied disciplines that will guide the student towards hard work and perseverance in a field of study, but it also helps develop valuable social skills. Considering most high school courses after first year are electives, students aren't forced to do courses that they don't want to do. Nonetheless, every course offered in high school has a use outside of school. Even math does, because it is the best way to teach you logic, reasoning and deductive problem solving. In addition, without these courses in high school, students wouldn't be able to advance to college.

• High School Is Not for Everyone These Days..

High school is unimportant because they teach us very unnecessary material that we most likely never use in our lives unless we go into thag certain subject after high school. For example, in math, when will I EVER need to know how to solve a polynomial or what xy equals unless I go into that specific subject in college? NEVER. I just love how teachers try to tell their students how we will definitely need to know this later on in life. I think that school is very necessary up until the 6th grade. That is general education right there. Schools expect too much out of us students. School isn't for everyone. We are all unique and different individuals and they treat us like we are all the same. Do you know how many students stress and even have mental breakdowns because of school work? Because I do. I was there once and it tore me up so bad that I had to leave. So with that being said, I think school is very unnecessary and should be a choice.

• High school teaches a lot of essential stuff.

Unless you want to sweep floors forever, high school is pretty important. It's not one of those trivial things you can just take or leave. I don't know about the States, but in Canada, up to Grade 10 is mandatory, as it should be. How important is your education to YOU? That's the question. Sure, you don't need to learn how to calculate the velocity of a falling brick, but knowing you can is pretty cool. You also don't need to learn how to count or read, but you should learn anyway.