• Because we need to get smart

Why you ask because teenagers are super dumb and need the most education they can get by far. Now it says I need more words but screw this b d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• Teenagers, please leave

You may dislike homework. Fair enough. It's boring. Even so, working independently allows teachers to identify your strengths and weaknesses and forces you to review material to strengthen your understanding of the topics. I would argue that students are given more than is necessary, but that isn't the point here.

• Homework is necessary.

Homework is extra practice. If you learn anything new, a new "path" is created in your brain, so to speak. You need "homework" or extra practice, to make that "path" in your brain stronger. The more practice you receive, the longer you remember, the better off you are. And this is coming from a thirteen-year old!

• Yes, but before you yell at me...

First, I'm a teen, so I know firsthand what homework is like. I'm a sophomore in high school, and I receive anywhere from 30 minutes to almost 4 hours of homework per day. When I don't have a lot, that's cool. When I'm spending 3 hours in my room racking my brain, that's not cool. I can agree with pretty much every teen ever: It sucks.

HOWEVER...I think homework is necessary. Homework's purpose is to give us practice on what we've been taught, and to ensure that we know what we've learned, and can remember it. Homework is essential to learning. And, unfortunately, this is the real world, where everyone works hard, and homework helps prepare us for the real world.

I think the issue is the AMOUNT of homework that's being given. When a student is tired from getting up so early, sitting in classes for 7 or 8 hours, and then in most cases sports practice/club meetings, piling 3 or 4 hours of homework on top of them isn't a good idea. That doesn't help them; it really does more harm than good. If the homework load was lessened to a MAX of about an hour per night, maybe even less, that would help us. We wouldn't be exhausted and braindead, and we would also complete the goal of homework: to maximize our learning.

• Rtytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty rtyj rty

Rtyrtyjrtrtyjjjjjjjjjjjjrtyujk rtyj rtyj rtyj rtyj rtyjghj frtyju ryuj ryujr yujok rotyijor iyjh odriyho rjtyohji royhj otrjg jiiji j ikj ijki jiji joi joij oijo kjo kjo lkjl kjl kjl kjl kjl ijo kjo ijo ijo ijo ijo ijo ijo ijo ijo ijo ijoi jo ijo ijhi uhu ygui huoij o

• Home work is not necessary.

Scientists say that the homework has no effect on the brain. My opinion is just that teachers try to get you to remember the stuff you learned. I have friends that don't have homework until 4th grade and they were just as smart as you and me. I have no idea why teachers think we need home work.

• Sdkfghfgfdfffeq2 vdcd f

H h h h bn gtv h jbhl bjk hnj nm ,m l k k k j k;hu hli obu k j n n nk;j nlk h90fvvf vv cff vcb ff tr gfb f r b gv .Gh f cv c c c v v v n m x v rthzer5yh

• It wastes family time

It wastes family time which means you loose connection with your family. It also lets your social life down and can destroy your family and you. All homework is school work that you are forced to do at home. You will get a detention if you don't do it. Thanks

• Homework isnt necessary!

Homework does not help teachers. I think homework isn't even necessary. Articles say that homework helps teachers figure out a student's flaws and what they need help on. But, can't they already tell from class work such as tests, assessments, or everyday class work like worksheets or answering questions, participating, etc.? Most schools just take the homework, grade it, and if you don't hand it in your get an automatic zero. Some don't go over the homework and only count Hw as a responsibility. Doing hw is like doing classwork all over again! And its not like we will forget what we learned overnight nor will it improve our understanding of the topic. We also need to spend more time with family and get the stress out instead of worrying about upcoming essays or any type of hw that takes a lot of hard work.

• Homework doesn't help you

I hate homework because the work i have too much stress at school. I learn for 7 hours of nonstop learning! Home is for rest and relaxation to relax your brains to remind us to study harder! Imagine that a kid has 12 pages of homework. How would he feel and others feel without eating,laughing,and playing! I know it's the school policies and kids have to do it!

• It doesn't help anything

We waste time in class going over it. There is literally no need for it! Besides kids do not have the attention span for it! Besides, we are already forced to sit at a desk for 7 hours straight! WE DONT NEED TO GO HOME AND WASTE 3 MORE HOURS DOING HOMEWORK!

• Homework is not needed

Homework is boring and it takes up good time so i say it should stop becuse there is no usefull things about it hhghhhghgg gg fgh fg g gg gg gg gg g gg gg gg gg gtg rff fg ffg gtg gtgt yh hy yy hyh hghmg5 g g

• It doesn't help anyone

Sure it may help teachers identify your strengths, but it adds more stress on students. It doesn't make school fun, the way it should be. All it does is make it harder to come to school every day, knowing they will have to do more work at home for the sake of telling if you learned anything. In this day and age, every answer is pretty much one google search away so how can this be reliable? Plus, not all students may have time to do it. Maybe they have a job or an event they have to go to. Now they will have to stay up later trying to do all of that ridiculous homework they shouldn't even have to do.

• Homework is the practice of indoctrinated mindset, not intelligence.

What better way to occupy the mind at home than homework? After all, just how much time do students have the "think" at home, or any environment for that matter? Homework strips them of that time, and school during the daytime. There is no more philosophy, innovation, or creative thought.

Dragonfire0522 says2016-01-15T15:22:17.963
I REFUSE TO LEAVE! Sophia22 U R NOT THE BOSS OF ME!