Is homeschooling an appropriate form of education?

• Alternative education is the only appropriate form of education.

Kids learn best when they aren't being forced to keep up like in public schools. They also learn best when they know their teacher genuinely cares about them and wants them to succeed which is why homeschooling works so well. I went to public school and ironically I didn't make many friends and my best friends today are ones who I didn't go to school with. I have grown to despise deadlines and involuntary examination after being schooled for 18 years. I was at the top of my class and I don't even know how I'm going to attend college knowing I despise the classroom setting and principles of testing and assignments.

• Of course it is!

Homeschooling is a VERY appropriate form of education.
    I have been homeschooled all my life and it is wonderful.
    I can sit with my dog on the couch while I do math, or logic. And I get into serious debates with my siblings and parents at the dinner table. You have a more flexible time schedule, so I can go to the movie theatre or whatever early in the day to avoid traffic.
    But of course, it isn’t meant for everyone. What I’m TRYING to say is, that it shouldn’t matter if you’re homeschooled or not. And I don’t spend all day goofing around and going on field trips! I actually work!
    Homeschoolers aren’t anti-social. In fact, they probably try to talk to people more than public schoolers. Public schoolers are already out with people while homeschoolers have to WANT to talk to people.
    And homeschoolers are smart, too. Not that I’m trying to brag or anything, but my mom made me and my younger sister take standardized tests that public schoolers would take. We didn’t even to some of the subjects there. Social science. Government. In fact my sister hasn’t even DONE science yet. But when we got the scores, we were above average on everything.
    So there’s no need to hate on homeschoolers.
    It’s really just a choice that people need to learn to respect.

• Homeschooling is appropriate

With an education system that has become increasingly biased and inefficient, home schooling can be a good thing for young learners. If they have a good teacher, they have the potential to learn more faster and in a better environment. Sometimes, if the work is neglected, it is very bad, but under the right circumstances it is very good.

• Yes, it is appropiate when done correctly.

Though not for everyone, homeschooling has many benefits if it is done correctly. The kids get one on one attention which is lacking in public school. I think the public associates homeshcool with religious radicals but that is not the case always. People from all walks of life homschool ebcase they think it is better.

• Yes homeschooling an appropriate form of education

As the number of homeschoolers grows, the legality of this form of education is questioned. Do Americans have the right not to send their children to school? Apparently some people do not think so and are trying to convince or force parents to put their children back in school. "Christopher Klicka, an attorney for the notes that, during the 1990-91 school year, nearly 2,000 homeschoolers with problems sought assistance from his organization. Those problems involved various degrees of harassment, ranging from actual or threatened prosecution to the attempted imposition of restrictions in excess of the law" . The truth is, however, that "Homeschooling is now legal in all 50 states" . Many new ideas and beliefs get persecuted and homeschooling is not an exception.

• Yes, home schooling is appropriate when minimum standards are tested.

There are many potential benefits to home schooling such as children getting more individual attention, a more personalized teaching method and a more comfortable learning environment. As long as some minimum requirements, like proficiency in the native language and mathematics, are tested and the child has a social life fostered through other activities, then there is little to fear from home schooling.

• Homeschooling is not an appropriate form of education.

It is not natural for children to stay with their parents all the time. Learning to socialize is an important part of the school experience. Kids who stay home are robbed of an important opportunity to be autonomous and independent. Parents who home school their kids are overprotective and selfish.

• All the better to brainwash you with, my dear...

Kids need social engagement with other people, people who are different, who disagree with them and their parents--people their mommies and daddies didn't hand-pick for them. How will they learn self-reliance? How will they learn to make decisions for themselves if they don't hear opinions and views from all over the ideological spectrum?