• Not as much stress

Hey everyone I'm 11, my life at school is very horrible, not that i get bullied. School stresses me out so much that it gets me and my mom sick. I already missed 13 days of school because all that stress gets me stomach and head aches. My mom always tells me to feel positive, but honestly it never happens. I've been begging my mom to home school me but it won't work.

• Homeschooling is much better than public schools

Its less stressful and you like to learn about things. I hate public schools that are less fun and the teachers can be mean. Some teachers don't teach the way that you can learn. You don't have to get up early and you have better food .You can still see freinds

• Depends on the student

I know people who have thrived in public school and homeschool. I also know people who have had a terrible experience with both. The argument that homeschooled kids are antisocial is complete crap. There may be some, but there are just as many kids at public school who have no social skills whatsoever.

• Unless You're Ignorant

Those who believe homschool should be banned simply need enlightenment.
    Homeschooling is not for everyone, but the vast majority of people who dislike it have clearly never experienced firsthand the wonders a loving parent can do for a child's education in a safe environment.
    I've been homeschooled my whole life, except for about one and a half years in which I experienced public school and decided for myself that I loved homeschooling with a fiery passion.
    Most parents homeschool because they love their children and want to spend time with them. They believe a child's education is personal. Homeschool is incredibly flexible. Each child's coursebook, pace, and studying location is molded to their abilities. This provides optimal efficiency. In a public school, everyone's put into a cookie cutter or mold. Everyone has to learn basically the same thing at the same pace. There are constant delays in class. The smart kids are bored and the slower kids are lost.
    Social life is fantastic for homeschoolers. The flexibility of their schedules allows them to meet with friends at any time. Co-ops are free from peer-pressure, teachers with bias, sex, drugs, and alcohol, and violence. My co-op has been one of the biggest blessings of my life.
    They learn responsibility better than public schoolers, because they must learn self-motivation. Their work ethic is amazing. Colleges actually seek after homeschoolers. On average thier GPA is higher, and so are their ACT and SAT scores. More homeschoolers go to college than public schoolers.
    Who can better teach values, personal morals and good behavior than a loving parent? There are so many students in public schools that teachers must be fairly impersonal. They only have five days a week with kids for two semesters, then the kids move on and get a different teacher. Homeschooling is different. With a mom or dad personally guiding the child's academics, their learning is vastly improved and no one is left behind.
    The parents are perfectly qualified to teach. There are hundreds of courses custom made for homeschoolers to equip them for college, the world, life, and tests. These courses are self-explanatory and tell the parent what activities and lessons to do so that their school year is thoroughly planned out.
    Oh, I'm sorry, was I rambling? I could go on and on. I have to cut it short. Excuse me while I go write a book about this.
    I adore homeschooling.

• Homeschooling is Better!

As the other says homeschool is very fun and you are not stress on studying. Do you think one teacher can teach all students like 40 - 50 students? One teacher can't focus their attention on one child or another. On home school, parents are very focus on their child and you are able to make your own curriculum for your child to enjoy!

• Can you seriously be asking

If homeschooling is better than public school? Is a cheeseburger better than a hot pocket? Yeah? It is if you have a brain! We throw money at the public schools like it is water to a fire and we are still far behind the rest of the world in education. People think after they give their child over to the state for 12 years, 14 with pre K and K5, that they only need 4 more years of college to learn something. Obviously, if the state can't get it done in 14 years then there is a problem with that whole idea. Socializing? Socializing is for the summer. I don't want my kid becoming a social butterfly and worrying about brand name clothing and other superficial garbage that will help her in no way once she is an adult. How many kids end up pregnant and strung out on dope in the public school system? Yeah, that's real cool. Anyone that sends their child to public school should be charged with abuse. If you can't raise your child, which includes teaching them, then you shouldn't be having kids. This government kills more kids across the world than any government in history. No, my child is too valuable to be handing her over to a psychotic system with no morality or ethics. She can socialize at Stanford. You can have your public school. The world will always need burger flippers.

• Home schooling is better for the kids and less stressful

I have been bullied for basically my whole life which caused my self esteem , happiness , and my grades to drop all together public school has always been a struggle for me. Yes I know being home schooled is less social but is also less stressful for the kids.

• Mc m m

M mm m mm m m m m m mm m m m mm m mm m m mm m mm m mm m mm m m m mm m mm mm m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

• Mc m m

• Mc m m

• Home schooling is not better than public schooling

Firstly, public schooling has more choices for education. This is because public schools bring teachers for different subjects. This means that the students are able to study different kinds of education. In my school for example, we get to choose the subjects we want to study from year 10 (have a few exceptions). This is not just our school; almost every school is like this. Home schooling on the other hand, there is a limited amount of education knowledge that your parents can give to you (unless they have the money to hire private teachers). 2005, the New York Times reported a family that was being taught in home. However, the children were not able to have a physical education. When the parents sent them to a public school, the children of the family were able to have the educations that they wanted.

• Home schooling is not better than public schooling.

No, I do not believe that parents who home school their children are helping them instead of sending them to a public school. Going to a public school helps students develop their social and interaction skills with other human beings, which is a skill that just cannot be taught by home schooling kids.

• Home schooling is bad

It is because kids may not get the chance interact with each other.Also if a kid is doing bad in school does not mean you shall home school your child,Give him what he wants such as:Xbox play station etc...And also let him do whatever he wants such as:go out with friends etc...And never hit your children or threaten them that will scar them for life.SO DO NOT HOME SCHOOL YOUR CHILD!!!

• Extra activities after school ??

Personally I think public school Is better because the extra curriculars after school you can join like sports,drama,or a running club I would go to school all excited about going to basketball after school or going to volleyball practice after school ended I loved having these extra curriculars and in homeschooling you can't really do those extra activities after school. I go to a public school and I LOVE school!!! I wake up every morning thinking YES I can't wait to get to school!!! I've never had a problem at a public school, sometimes there's that little fight with your best friend but you're just learning how to cooperate with other people and listen to their ideas. Anyways I love public school and personally if you want to do extra activities like sports or drama or any extras after school public school would be a good choice. At least it is a good choice for me!

• Lack of life skills and social interaction

Homeschooling fails to provide the inner nourishment of values, that all schools provide. Life skills and values like responsibility, honesty, fairness,etc. Are stressed more in schools.Homeschooling may appear easier, but it lacks the basic value system that every child should be taught.Also, homeschooling does not allow the students to interact with all kinds of people around them, which leads to many problems in the child's future. School life is of course the best part of one's life. After all.. We must enjoy what is provided in life!

• Advantages of Public school

There are some people that do not get along with other people well, but that does not mean you should put them into a home schooling program! They need to learn how to cooperate with other people so they can get jobs. In modern life, you have to get a job to sustain a healthy life, if you cannot work with your co-workers, the you would always be in search of a job because you can't cooperate with other people. I actually have a friend that was home schooled from elementary to high school and every time we brought up the subject of school, all she would say is" You are so lucky that you have the choice to be in a public school. I can't even be in a public school for a day." This home schooling will effect children in the long term. Unless your child is extremely mature and will do well in the world even after home schooling.

• In a public school you will have more opportunities.

In a public school you are able to pick your classes and you can join extra activities. Band. Orchestra, football, basketball, soccer, cheer, drama club, N.A.L., P.E., manufacturing classes, ect. They are not available when you are homeschooled. Even though public school might be harder it is much better for your future.

• Home schooling teachers arent reliable

If you look at the teachers who are in public schooling they HAVE gone through an interview before they can start teaching in the school. During the interview the school can get to know if the teacher is really willing to teach...The school doesnt want teachers who are not bothered about the students, they dont want teachers who dont care. Wile in home schooling there is nothing like an interview. The teacher just comes to your house and your taught. The teacher can not be trusted. They are unreliable. So to conclude public schooling provides better and more proffesional teachers than home schooling.

• Homeschooling is terrible compared to public schooling!

My cousin gets homeschooled so she can have a more flexible schedule. Her, and my aunt. My aunt wants it more for her, but my cousin, after about three weeks, says she hates it! She never gets to see her friends, because they always have homework or are studying or something. She goes to home school groups, but nobody gets along in those. She doesn't get as much help as she would in public school. In public school, you have so many resources for help. Homeschooling is either your parents, your siblings (which she is an only child), or the teacher online, but she doesn't know every subject. Her mom refuses to send her back to regular public schooling, and she hates her life now! She wants a normal life, she tells me. And that I'm lucky to be in a normal schooling system.

1.Public schooling has more choices for education
    This is because public schools bring teachers for different subjects. This means that the students are able to study different kinds of education. In my school for example, we get to choose the subjects we want to study from year 10 (have a few exceptions). This is not just our school; almost every school is like this. Home schooling on the other hand, there is a limited amount of education knowledge that your parents can give to you (unless they have the money to hire private teachers). 2005, the New York Times reported a family that was being taught in home. However, the children were not able to have a physical education. When the parents sent them to a public school, the children of the family were able to have the educations that they wanted.

notyourbusiness says2014-11-12T13:40:28.593
It really depends on many factors, such as the parent's level of education, devotion to child, time he/she can contribute, etc.
janelromero says2015-04-29T04:34:47.240
One of the biggest advantages students have when they attend public school is having a teacher who is well-educated. In recent years, studies show that students who have teachers with higher education outperform those otherwise (NAEP, 2013). Children who are home schooled are not required to have a teacher who has any type of degree, including a high school diploma.