• Kids have learnt enough. Homework isn't needed

The adults say that H.W helps you learn. But I don't see anything that we learn in H.W. Also kids have spent 5/6/7 hours learning, so we get EXTRA? No thanks! Also sometimes teachers are very mean to the kids and sometimes in juniors up to 1st class the teachers give WAY too much home work.

• Tons of reasons

There is too many, you dont have it bad in elementary, but middle school has so much homework, and in high school, you can even have homework for the INTERNET, we have cheap parents who dont pay the internet bill, so how could some kids do it, you also have little time to spend with family, in fact, it is for teachers too, we have to suffer all this, teachers wont have time to relax after dealing with so many kids, and with kids too, both of them have lives too, and almost all of the ones in the no are just spams, and who cares, we lose sleep, sanity, more, and it makes us suffer, school, do something about this

• Homework is bad!

I am 11 and getting about 2-4 hours a day on a daily basis. I am already struggling with my classwork, why do they put more on top of that!

Homework is the purpose that kids are failing classes. They don't have the time to do it with football practice or something like that!

• I am 13 and I know how it feels!

It stresses us and we usually get 1 hour a day plus it can spoil weekends because we get extra long homework on Fridays. Homework is a bad idea because we could be using this time to socialise. HOMEWORK SPOILS OUR SOCIAL LIVES. It also spoils our self esteem because if were bad at school work it just takes the mick to remind ourselves were bad at work at home.

• Homework is Harmful

I thing homework is harmful because there has been no research that has proven homework is helpful, It makes children hate school even more, and I'm not saying it doesn't help but it is just so stressful for something that could easily be done is school. Also Weekend homework makes the problem even worse when teachers think that children have a longer time to do homework. The weekend was meant to be a BREAK from that sort of work, not more of it.

• Homework is a waste of time

At least for me because i have had it with homework i still do it but my school wants to make homework count as 50% of our grades so missing 1 homework brings me to a C and on top of that I wanted to work after school but instead i have to spend 2hrs each day on doing hw for every single class. Stuff on the hw that we reviewed in class POINTLESS we go over it everyday in class why at home? To make sure we understand? Thats why we have quizzes test or we can talk to our teachers if we do not understand. I guess schools just dont want students to have free time on their hands....

• Homework can be usefull.

As a fourteen year old I understand the need for homework. It is used because many kids don't work hard in school and therefor need extra work to do outside of school. However for those who do work hard it is a waste of time as it is either pointless (copy down of the internet) or something that we already knew from lessons. Homework should be set in moderation so that stressed kids don't feel crushed by the load.

Aloso, many kids avoid working hard in tests for fear of being put into the high sets where the homework burden is too great.

• Homework is a waste of time

You get so worried about forgetting homework (especially when you have a lot of it) and getting into trouble for not doing it that it is very hard to learn something or to remember it. It takes so long to do by the time you are finished it is time to go to bed. And most of the time the teacher doesn't correct the homework the next day. But when you forget to do a part of it the teacher decides to correct the homework

• May not be related to the subject at all!!!

I feel its good to learn something outside the textbooks...But at the dead end of an important exam such as summatives(only CBSE) if teachers give certain homeworks to do which is completely deviated from the syllabus then it becomes not only a burden for the student but also a sheer wastage of time for that precious time could have been applied for the preparatiion of half-yearly and annual exams. Not only this CBSE schools ask to do plenty of project-work from which, i feel that, the learning outcome is nil!

• Homework helps children pass free time.

Homework is not a waste of time because it helps children pass free time which they usually use for playing games and others stuff that is waste. Playing games isn't as useful as homework is and it also causes eyesight problems. Homework should be done even if it's 10 minutes.

• Homework is totally important

It comes in the mind. Compare between a person who does his homework, and another one who does not, and you will find a very wid difference. Also, it helps the teacher to evaluate their students. Who is better than others. Finally, I get back and say, Homework is completely important for these reasons above and other reason which can not be mentioned now

• What in the fuck

If you think homework is a waste of time you're one stupid motherfucker. Time is NEVER a reason to not do your homework. Let's be honest: you're not THAT occupied. I barely have any homework at all and when I do, it never takes me more than 1 hour. Honestly, rethink your life or kys.

• Really good for you

Homework is NOT a waste of time. It actually helps you more of the lessons. It helps you to understand the lesson and to apply it by your own. Homework is needed for the students to learn and gain more knowledge about the lesson. Sometimes teachers cannot explain the whole lesson by herself but with homework students can discover new learnings. That's all!

• Really good for you

• Really good for you

• Really good for you

• Homework prepares students for future

We learn more of what that we have learnt in our school by doing it at home. It gives us a clear understanding of a specific subject or lesson that we have learnt in our school on that day. When we go back to school we would already understand the previous lesson so we could move ahead instead of repeating it .Homework teaches us how to become more organised. It may also be a preparation for future.

• Homework prepares students for future

• No, it is not.

The purpose of homework is to reinforce what you have learned in class; it also gives teachers a general idea of your understand of the material taught in class. Even if it's not directly relate to the material taught in class, homework also provides students the opportunity to learn and expand their horizons; it helps get them better prepared (for exams, etc.)