• Yes because it helps you with your education and gives you higher hopes and dreams

That homework is helpful in life too helps you learn new things and re teach you on things you already know. It also can help you teach others what you know and what they know and put both ideas together. To me i learn new things when i get homework

• Yes! It is definitely helpful.

I think it is helpful. Homework is helpful to ME because it helps us with the following: real life situations, good grades, responsibility, and so many more that I cannot list them all. Homework means a lot to ME, but if it doesn't mean anything to you then so be it! If there was no homework then I would be devastated! In conclusion, I am grateful that us students have homework. Sorry, but I have to finish my homework!!!

• I believe it can be both

Helpful and harmful. Helpful as it gives you more practice to reinforce things such as maths. Harmful because so many hours have been spent at school concentrating on work and teachers, it can seem like extra after school is just overkill. Also, school involves a lot of sitting down, when out of school it would be healthier for the body to be moving around, engaging in exercise and other things. Humans weren't designed to be sedentary. However, in this day and age knowledge is very important hence why education has such an emphasis and why homework can be necessary at times.

• Homework is amazing

Homework is so helpful because you can thrive in life, and it makes you a better person, and smarter. There was one person who never did his homework, and he failed ever grade he had. I really think the homework is helpful! Life would be so boring! :) :) :)

• Homework Helps Independent Thinking

Homework is a necessary part of life for modern students. It helps pupils foster independent thinking outside the classroom and gives them the freedom to work on projects at their own pace with their own interests. Homework prepares students for "real life" in that not all assignments in life happen outside the home.

• Homework, homework, homework!!!

Homework may not be fun, but not everything in life is fun. The most important thing about teachers giving homework, is that it helps you so much on standardized tests. You work hard on homework and get better test grades... Everyone likes that! :) As the opposing side said, sometimes you have so much homework that you miss a baseball game or run out of time to go to your friend's house, that's true... But, education is way more important than recreational events or things. Another important thing is attitude. If a child is excited to do his/her homework, that attitude provokes a good study period. If not, the child becomes stressed, tired, and cranky. Nobody wants that to happen, so might as well take on homework with a positive attitude. Time management is important if you want to fit in that essay and a soccer tournament in the same night. Children that manage their time very well don't think that homework is that difficult. (like me :) ) I hoped this helped/persuaded you...... THANKS FOR READING!!!

• Homework help clarify

When homework is given properly and used as a recap the student did in class or perhaps learn curtain tools that will help student excel in the classroom such as, learning ABC's, sight words, multiplication. These are things that if the student can practice at home it will help them in class and in tests. However, homework should not be busy work or long it should be about 30min. And I don't believe it has to be on a daily basis. Teachers should make homework interactive to involve their families.

• Gives the student improvement and study by their own.

Throught doing the homework students can find out the points which they don't understand. In the class, students may not have any questions until they get the practical exercise. So when they do the homework they will search the points on the internet or ask there teacher to shrewd about the points.

• Great For Brains

Helps You study, keeps you refreshed, helps you know more, helps you learn more, home work makes sure you do not forget what you learned in school that day. Home work has long lasting results including to help you on finals in school. Home work is super helpful and smart! Keep it.

• Homework is great.

It will help children learn more and bring children's test scores up. It can also improve children's grade up and higher than what an average child can do. It can also help refashion children's brains about what learned in there classes. Home work is also lots of fun when you know how to do it.

• No it is terrible

There is no, nil, zero, zilch evidence that homework is beneficial! Not one tiny teeny little grain! And there is soooo much overwhelming evidence that homework is bad! Can't you realise that, people who keep saying no?
    It causes unnecessary stress levels, steals sleep, causes arguments, wastes time, hinders learning (yes, lack of sleep and being really miserable WILL hinder learning), causes obesity..... I could go on forever!

• Ruins the chance of children liking school.

Me, being a 7th grader, saw an article while I was searching for evidence for an essay that I am writing for a school essay which I am writing about why homework is harmful. While I was looking for other people's opinions, I stumbled across a shocking discovery; only 36% of students said that they are happy with their lives, and I can see why it is. Especially during middle school, when most people hit puberty, we need more sleep to help us grow. In fact, I once had to stay up 'til midnight to get all of my homework done! This is also ruining our chance to have fun or continue hobbies. For example, I am currently into coding, but I barely have ant time to code because the teachers are giving tons of homework to us over the weekends. It really makes me laugh about how much the teachers want you to "go outside and enjoy the fresh air" even though they are preventing us from doing this! This all adds up to children getting failing grades, even if they really try. I remember once I was so stressed out that I literally had a mental breakdown. I do not want their to be homework and would do anything for there to be none because failing grades=students hating school.

• Lack of sleep

Kids are staying up to late trying to complete homework that the next day they can hardly concentrate in class, for example, i get home from school at 4:30 and i have sports practice from 5:00-8:00 and i stay up until 10-11 trying to do my homework and the next day i can hardly pay attention.

• Lack of sleep

• Homework is redundant and a waste of time. You face consequences for not completing it.

Is homework helpful? Well some people may consider it a helping hand in education whilst other may consider it a waste of time. I believe it’s futile and that homework is set as part of curriculum and not in the best interest of the student. Teachers care more about whether homework is completed rather that the student even learning.

Homework is made compulsory to students and if it isn’t completed, there will be consequences. This peruses a fear factor for students to complete it even if they do not enjoy it. Are they benefiting from homework or are they merely doing it to avoid the consequences? They are just repeating what they have been taught during school hours. Yes, practicing what you have been taught is essential in learning but if you do it involuntarily, chances of you actually absorbing the information is little. Students just want to get homework over and done with. Most of the time they don’t care if the answers are correct, they just do it to avoid the consequences. This classes the student as being underperforming. In some situation, some student may find homework to be redundant and not even complete it. They then will have to face the consequences and when they do, time is being waste in doing completely nothing. The student could have done something productive in the duration he/she was kept in detention. The student is labelled a badly behaved student just because they didn’t do their homework. Should this be the case?

Most of the time, when homework is set, it is set in large quantity with a short deadline. This overwhelms the student. Homework goes from an “essential part of learning” to a burden. The time for the student to relax, socialise is shortened and even some cases removed. The student would have to sit for a long period of time completing the homework. This would lead to frustration and eventually the loss of interest towards the subject. The motivation of learning is reduced if a student is constantly burdened with homework. This is just for one subject, imagine what it may be like for 8 subjects. The love of learning and being educated is lost because of homework. Now let’s take another scenario. The student has homework to complete but decides to socialise with his/her friends. They then arrive home to realise that they have homework due in tomorrow so they stay up really late completing it. They have a short amount of sleep which affects their performance the next day. People may argue that deadline are usually a week long so why didn’t the student complete it beforehand. Well, many students have a bad habit of procrastinating so they leave homework till the last day. If there wasn’t any homework, they will not have anything to procrastinate about. Also, in some lessons, the deadline is the next day as the teacher believes the homework is really short.

• Homework is downright painful.

Sometimes I don't understand it (particularly math), my mom does not understand it, and at times my dad doesn't understand it either. Since adults make this stuff we have to deal with, "that's saying a lot." Books need to come home with the homework that show examples and not just the worksheets. I might be able to understand the assignments better if they would show us the way and examples on how to do it.

• Stress on you and your children!

Your kids already go to school for about 8 hours, and when they get home all of their energy is gone away from working all day. Don't they already learn at school? So what's the point of doing it at home? I know some parents let kids cheat from the Internet. Overall nobody is learning anything, it's just more stress for everyone.

• Teachers fail at teaching

If teacher teach us enough, we shouldn't need homework you can claim that it's practice, but don't we practice ENOUGH during 8 hours of school?! If teachers really taught us, we wouldn't need homework, or papers. And besides, who remembers homework the day after. It's such a chore, we don't even take time to remember what's actually being taught. Heck, just search it on the internet.

• Super Unhealthy Conditions

Because it Causes too much stress and you don't get enough sleep because you are trying to finish all the homework you get. Grownups are constantly reminding kids about how they are supposed to stay healthy but what they don't realize it that its almost nearly impossible to exercise when our schedule is full trying to get our homework done, and its hard to eat breakfast when you go to bed late and wake it to get ready in 10 minutes, and its SOOOOO FFFRREEAAAKKEENNN HHARRRDD TO GET ENOUGH SLEEP WHEN YOU HAVE MOUNTAIN LOADS OF HOMEWORK HANGING OVER YOUR SHOULDER PULLING YOU DOWN TO THE DEPTHS OF FAILURE AND DESPAIR!!! HOW CAN THE GOVERNMENT POSSIBLY EXPECT US TO COMPLETE HIGH SCHOOL IN THESE HORRIBLE HEALTH CONDITIONS?!?!? THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT ARE ABSOLUTELY STUPID! Kids these days are constantly developing scars from the depression they have to face when they fail in school. We can save lives if we just try and i mean TRY to change the current school conditions. People are facing suicide every day! Why not try to save them?

• To much stress

Many kids commit suicide because of stress. I know this being a successful NASA scientist. So don't let them do homework because kids who play assassins creed and watch TV scored highest out of 100 kids. Only 5 that did homework got 20% at least the kids who didn't average got average got 80%. So do you want your kids to be smart.