• It Is Very Necessary

Homework is very necessary. It is a good tool used in school that improves students' understanding of what they learned in class. Homework is practice and practice makes perfect. Homework allows students to do work on their own without in class guidance and figure things out. This helps them learn better.

• Homework is very necessary.

Homework is important. It practices our skills we learned in school. Now I agree that teachers shouldn't be that hard on homework but homework is very important. Without homework there is no use to go to school. You are not going over the concept you learn. Education is important to the world. Remember practice makes perfect.

• Homework is important !!!!!!!

Homework improve our thinking and memory . They help us develop positive study skills and habits that will serve us well throughout life . They encourages us to use time wisely and working indepently . They teaches us to take responsibility in our work and allow us to review and practice what has been covered in class . Although homework is very important , I think homework should not be given too much . And the end of the " story " , homework is still important and great !!!!!!!!!!πŸ’ŽπŸ‘‘πŸŒŸπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

• It improves your child's thinking and memory

Homework helps your child learn to use resources, such as libraries, reference materials, and computer Web sites to find information.
    It encourages your child to explores subjects more fully than classroom time permits.
    It allows your child to extend learning by applying skills to new situations.
    It helps your child integrate learning by applying many different skills to a single task, such as book reports or science projects.
    Homework helps parents learn more about what your child is learning in school.
    It allows parents to communicate about what he or she is learning.
    It encourages parents to spark your child’s enthusiasm.

• Just do you homework... It isn't that hard!

I looked at most of you comments that disagree and I have some of them and I answered, either how to prevent them or a way to fix it. The fist on is someone said you stay up late to finish, well first of all it doesn't take most people THAT long to do their homework, and second of all you can do you homework when school finishes, so if you don't get something you still have another day (because in my school you usually have 2 days to finish you homework) to ask your teacher to help explain the problem your stuck on. A lot of you people said stress is another reason that we shouldn't do homework. Well I disagree, totally. The same thing I said for the first reason is the same reason for this! Just do it in the day your assigned it and if you don't get it, ask a teacher so you guys debating, wont get stressed! Another one of you guys said I have sports so I don't have time to do my homework. Well just do your homework in the morning and when your done... Play sports. Well that about it!

• Homework is necessary

Or else kids who hate studies will not touch books .Only because their teachers scold or something the complete their assignments because of these home works they atleast go through the topic... But over home work is not because it creates lot of stress for kids who are sensitive ones

• Homework is necessary for good grades.

In middle school I switched over from private to public school. I was used to staying up till 11:00 trying to finish that last problem or paper. The public school that I went to did not believe in homework so I thought it would be a nice break. However, my grades started dipping because of the lack of practicing the concepts that we were learning in class. Because of that I realized that a contained amount oh homework is necessary for you to really understand the concepts that are being taught.

• The importance of homework

Homework is very important . It improve our thinking and memory . Homework helps us develop positive study skills and habits that will serve us well throughout life . They encourages us to use time wisely and working independently . They teaches us to review and practice what has been covered in class . Although homework is important , I think homework should not be given too much .γ€Œ " Homework is practice , Practice makes perfect !!!!! " " There is no gain without hard work !!!!! "」 ^_^ *\(^o^)/*οΌˆβ‰§βˆ‡β‰¦οΌ‰(^_βˆ’)βˆ’β˜†

• Homework is great

Homework. Many people only just need to look or hear the word to shut their brain off, but they do not realise how important it is. Homework teaches us responsibility, time management and organisation skills and it helps us recognise our own diverse talents. It also helps teachers understand what level their students are on.

• Yes iT IS.

Firstly, Schoolwork is important because it helps students to practice and recap on what have been taught in class. From my experience, during Science classes, the teacher often takes up 80% of the lesson time saying or teaching things that you may understand in class. The problem with this is that this information that you have learnt or understand in class is being lose quickly after a short period of time, this is where homework comes in. Homework helps students to explore and to gain deeper understand in details of the subject where classroom time cannot permit us to do so due to time constraint. Homework helps to recap as well as to practice the points that are taught in class so that the brain can digests. This allows the memory to be retained in brain for a longer period of time. Therefore Schoolwork is important to assist students in their learning.

• Homework is an unnecessary waste of time

Newsflash parents and teachers, having to do work on our free time is not motivating! It does not help us learn. I'm pretty sure if you had to do homework after work you would be pretty upset. School to us kids (and mind you I'm in college right now) is equivalent to a stressful job that some parents have. Homework must be banned in the United States if you want to see any positive changes to the education of the youth.

• Home work is necessary for duffers who say no to homework 11!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Donkeys dont like to walk and they also dont like to do homework because home work is necessary so they are donkey shame shame poor little duffer donkeys ho ho ho ho!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor donkey poor donkey poor donkey poor donkey poor little duffer poor little duffer poor donkey donkey

• Kids have enough chores to do at home

Kids have more than enough things to be doing at home that teaches them responsibility let alone doing homework in which they don't even know half of what they are doing. They then need parents to basically teach them how to do their work when the teachers get paid to teach.

• No homework no one likes it

1: its stressful
    2: its useless
    3:no one likes it
    4: it dosent improve test scores
    5:it takes away family time and sports
    6:cost go up (due to all the paper wasted)
    7:kids worry about not getting it done, and tend to have parents do it for them.
    8:kids already go to school for 8hours a day learning.
    9:most kids don't even understand it or don't want to.
    10:and I presonly hate it,
    it is not necessary at all.

• Recent studies in Australia have shown this to be false.

The latest studies showed that homework has no benefit at all in children up to 3rd grade, very poor benefits in 4th-6th graders, minimal benefits in 7th-9th graders and reasonable benefits in 10th-12th graders.

Why do we put students and families through all the stresses of homework for such a poor gain. Surely time could be better spent developing other life skills.

• It is not necessary.

I think that education and school in general is something that has not changed very much as time has gone on. Because of this, there are aspects to it that really do need to be changed. We would do well to trim the fat of education and to get rid of homework.

• No homework please!!!!!

No homework please because at school they are teaching us and they give homework and we will get stress and some pupils will learn at school and he next day they will forget what they have learn so please not give us homework if not you are stressing them tierdly

• No homework please!!!!!

• No homework please

I hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! 1 ! 1 1 ! ! ! !

• No homework please

Anonymous says2013-03-15T13:35:54.993
homework isn't necessary I found out that it puts extra stress on kids my 13 year old stress about homework 24/7 about hw
Anonymous says2013-04-25T15:27:41.860
i dont know
Anonymous says2013-04-25T22:30:39.950
Very necessary. Reviewing concepts. Ever thought of that?
Anonymous says2013-05-06T14:36:24.233
It's not neceassary as children have added presure of trying to be the best!
Quan says2013-06-10T13:16:46.380
It's hard to give an answer. Most homework is just busy work (such as solve these 50 almost identical math problems). However, I've found research papers and hands-on projects, especially group projects, to have a lot of educational value. I would have liked to give up some of the generel education classes and their overwhelming amount of busy work for some extra internships, though.
pat232000 says2014-11-23T23:23:08.533
If homework is given, it shouldn't consume all of the student's time, because I get about 4-5 hours of sleep due to huge quantities of homework. Personally, I would rather spend my time studying what was done in class than doing homework. That way, I'd understand what was done in class, I would still have some free time and I wouldn't be so sleep deprived.
neckbeard says2014-12-03T14:22:20.023
Homework is for stupid people who can't think for themselves.