• Yes, homophobia is everywhere.

We're only just NOW allowing same-sex couples to marry - and even then, it's only in certain states. There are a number of states in the US that still don't allow this, citing religious beliefs. I would imagine that in any other industrialized country, that there is the same segment of the population that believes this too. Whether or not it's because of religious beliefs, it's deeply rooted in basic homophobia.

• Everyone fears what they don't understand

It is human nature to fear what you don't understand and frankly most people aren't open minded enough to embrace that another human can be and feel differently from themselves. I think that homophobia is heard about more than it was in the past since homosexuality has become an open topic of debate. In years past, it was something that you simply 'didn't talk about'.

• Yes, homophobia is a huge issue arround the world, especially Russia.

For as long as I can remember, Russia has been a force to be reckoned with - one that broke the morals of society in other first world countries. Over the years I have seen more and more countries start to become like Russia, that is, the citizens would gain more homophobic views. This is most prominent in America, especially with the shooting in Florida a few days ago - it is an excellent reflection of hatred toward's LGBTQ+ people.

• Yes, homophonia is stil prevalent around the World.

Unfortunately, even in the 21st Century, homophobia is still prevalent in many parts of the World. Even though societies have evolved to become more enlightened and tolerant of others, there are still those that believe homosexuality is wrong. Even worse, there are dark places in the world that still treat homosexuality as a crime.